GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19   #21
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,347
Another gun I'll offer up that is less than $500 is the Walther PPX. I know it is ungainly looking but when put next to the PPQ, it's not that far off. What makes this gun nice is the trigger, though DAO, it feels more like a light constant action trigger. To be honest, it has the best trigger of any of my guns right now...though best is relative so I'll say it's my favorite trigger. The problem with a gun like this is lack of aftermarket support. I just got a 3rd magazine for it, after 6 months of looking lol It shoots like a dream and is a tack driver. I got mine for $399 from Academy but I think they are now around low to mid $400's. Here is mine and it will always stay in the collection, it's that good.

General Firearms Forum
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G42; Gen 3 G17/G19/36
-Sig P226 Navy/220/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi
-XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25   #22
WayneJessie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
Yeah I think the XDM and the M&P pro are both nice a nice step up from the standard XD and M&P but most of the one's I've seen are going for $6-700 new. I'm just not in the position to pay that much or I'd probably opt for the Sig 226. Someday I'd love a XDM or M&P pro but right now I'm looking at the basics from a cost standpoint.
If that is the case buy yourself a SR9. Then you'll wonder why you paid more for a G17. Other than aftermarket dodads my SR9 lacks nothing to my Glock.
__________________
I'd own a Glock; were it not for Glock owners.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:45   #23
Aglockalpyse Now
Senior Member
 
Aglockalpyse Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Shifting, Whispering Sands
Posts: 138
I've looked at the SR9 I've just narrowed it down to the Xd and M&P for the striker fired and to the 2022 for the DA/SA option. Although I am starting to reconsider the FNX-9's price to possibly be in my range.
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 13:59   #24
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
I've looked at the SR9 I've just narrowed it down to the Xd and M&P for the striker fired and to the 2022 for the DA/SA option. Although I am starting to reconsider the FNX-9's price to possibly be in my range.
My opinion only, I don't like the XD trigger at all...just me. Too mushy. I would take the M&P or 2022 but I think the M&P is slightly smaller. The PPX trigger is better than all three Yes, it's uglier than all three too
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G42; Gen 3 G17/G19/36
-Sig P226 Navy/220/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi
-XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 15:10   #25
Aglockalpyse Now
Senior Member
 
Aglockalpyse Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Shifting, Whispering Sands
Posts: 138
The PPX seems like a solid firearm, but that grip just looks so funky on it. I'm starting to kind of shy away from the 2022, seems like a great pistol but there seems to be quite a few lemons out there. From what I've read they either work flawlessly or they malfunction quite a bit. I want a firearm that works great out of the box and for decades to come, no factory refurb needed. 2022s seem kind of hit or miss in the QC dept.
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 16:44   #26
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
The PPX seems like a solid firearm, but that grip just looks so funky on it. I'm starting to kind of shy away from the 2022, seems like a great pistol but there seems to be quite a few lemons out there. From what I've read they either work flawlessly or they malfunction quite a bit. I want a firearm that works great out of the box and for decades to come, no factory refurb needed. 2022s seem kind of hit or miss in the QC dept.
I don't know the stats on the 2022, all I know is I have a 50% success rate with them. The grip looks funny on the PPX but works, however, there are very few holsters for it, hard to get magazines, etc. Great gun but if it's your only gun, hard pressed to get extra's for it. It's big too, not great for cc IMO.
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G42; Gen 3 G17/G19/36
-Sig P226 Navy/220/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi
-XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54   #27
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!
 
TxGlock9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BMT, TX
Posts: 4,740
This order: M&P9(make sure it's 2013 made), Sig SP2022(but not for $500. $400 is ideal), and then PPQ. If you can't find a Sig in the $400 range get a PPQ.

Yes, I am M&P biased.
__________________
My name is John

Last edited by TxGlock9; 08-21-2013 at 01:54..
TxGlock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19   #28
PostsOnPercocet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
Yeah I think the XDM and the M&P pro are both nice a nice step up from the standard XD and M&P but most of the one's I've seen are going for $6-700 new. I'm just not in the position to pay that much or I'd probably opt for the Sig 226. Someday I'd love a XDM or M&P pro but right now I'm looking at the basics from a cost standpoint.

Well if you're sort of close just save up another month or two and get the gun you really really want.

Nothing worse than compromising, buying a gun you sort of want, and are still left pining for the gun you really want.
PostsOnPercocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26   #29
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,636
Have you looked at the Beretta PX4?

I have one in 40 and feel its one of the best polymers on the market. It's in your price range too.

It's actually a decent looking pistol too, which is rare considering it's polymer.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 08-21-2013 at 10:28..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25   #30
Aglockalpyse Now
Senior Member
 
Aglockalpyse Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Shifting, Whispering Sands
Posts: 138
I'm really kind of set on either the M&P or XD, or as TxGlock said the 2022 if I can find it around $400. I feel like I should narrow it down between M&P and XD in the striker fired category, and the 2022, possibly the FNX-9, in the DA/SA. Wish I could just buy em all at once.
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:34   #31
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
I'm really kind of set on either the M&P or XD, or as TxGlock said the 2022 if I can find it around $400. I feel like I should narrow it down between M&P and XD in the striker fired category, and the 2022, possibly the FNX-9, in the DA/SA. Wish I could just buy em all at once.
The PX4 is a DA/SA gun. I like it better than my SP2022.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 13:27   #32
Aglockalpyse Now
Senior Member
 
Aglockalpyse Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Shifting, Whispering Sands
Posts: 138
How do you think the PX4 stacks up to the FNX-9?
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 13:32   #33
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
How do you think the PX4 stacks up to the FNX-9?
Hard to say, as I don't own one. However, I think I prefer the stirker fired FNs.

I know like the ergonomics of the PX4 better than the FNX. The Beretta is very comfortable in hand. Its also very soft shooting with its rotating barrel. My 40 feels like a 9mm.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 13:53   #34
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Hold a Ruger SR9 at the local gun store. Fantastic pistols.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 14:14   #35
Aglockalpyse Now
Senior Member
 
Aglockalpyse Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Shifting, Whispering Sands
Posts: 138
Dang yall are giving me more choices instead of helpin me narrow it down. Good responses though, I'm keeping my options open, although I'm still mostly considering the 3 pistols I mentioned at the start of the thread.
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 15:05   #36
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglockalpyse Now View Post
Dang yall are giving me more choices instead of helpin me narrow it down. Good responses though, I'm keeping my options open, although I'm still mostly considering the 3 pistols I mentioned at the start of the thread.
The standard XD is decent, but the XDm is a much nicer gun, in my opinion.

I know you said it was out of your price range, but I wouldn't bother getting the standard model. When you get an XD, get the XDm. For now, I'd look for something else.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 15:40   #37
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Have you looked at the Beretta PX4?

I have one in 40 and feel its one of the best polymers on the market. It's in your price range too.

It's actually a decent looking pistol too, which is rare considering it's polymer.
I've had two of the PX4's both great guns but I don't like where the safety is. Do you have a Type C at all or fired one? That's what I want, a PX4 Type C, no safety, constant trigger pull.
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G42; Gen 3 G17/G19/36
-Sig P226 Navy/220/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi
-XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 15:47   #38
45caldan
Senior Member
 
45caldan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: central Florida
Posts: 1,013
Branch out!
Don't limit your small collection to polymer!
Look at a CZ 75!
If you must stick with polymer I can recommend the FNS.
Another excellent choice is the Walther PPQ.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Last edited by 45caldan; 08-21-2013 at 15:49..
45caldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 15:47   #39
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
I've had two of the PX4's both great guns but I don't like where the safety is. Do you have a Type C at all or fired one? That's what I want, a PX4 Type C, no safety, constant trigger pull.
The safety is actually a decocker. Once its decocked, leave it off. Its no different than a Sig 2022 or any P series Sig for that matter.

You can also leave it on, giving you another option.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 20:38   #40
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
The safety is actually a decocker. Once its decocked, leave it off. Its no different than a Sig 2022 or any P series Sig for that matter.

You can also leave it on, giving you another option.
Type C has no safety from what I see. I don't like the safety there at all, I had two of them, both gone. I'm too picky that way lol


General Firearms Forum
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G42; Gen 3 G17/G19/36
-Sig P226 Navy/220/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi
-XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
m&p9, sp2022, xd9 carry
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 693
143 Members
550 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42