GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-16-2013, 19:28   #101
Khao

Wouldn't hold the dog or the owner responsible if my cat died to one. It's something that couldn't be helped. (but its never happened, 20 years of owning cats)

But I will hold responsible the little sociopath in training who thinks it's fun to take pot shots with a BB gun at my cat. Or the jerkoff who thinks he's doing a public service by abducting someone's pet and giving them a one way ticket to a lethal injection.

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 19:30..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:35   #102
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Wouldn't hold the dog or the owner responsible if my cat died to one. It's something that couldn't be helped. (but its never happened, 20 years of owning cats)

But I will hold responsible the little sociopath in training who thinks it's fun to take pot shots with a BB gun at my cat. Or the jerkoff who thinks he's doing a public service by abducting someone's pet and giving them a one way ticket to a lethal injection.

Then keep it in your house or on your property. Because there are alot of people who see nothing wrong with getting rid of stray animals.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:39   #103
happy seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
Attachment 235186

And I'm none too happy about it.

Wow, looks just like my cat. I would be pissed off. I dont even like cats, its the principle.

The Okie Corral

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"

Last edited by happy seal; 08-16-2013 at 19:40..
happy seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:53   #104
happy seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
We got a real live George Zimmerman here! Glad your around bud, your neighborhood must feel very safe with you patroling the hood.

Old 08-16-2013, 19:55   #105
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy seal View Post
We got a real live George Zimmerman here! Glad your around bud, your neighborhood must feel very safe with you patroling the hood.

And much like GZ's neighborhood, his would be a better place for it.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 08-16-2013, 20:09   #106
happy seal

Well that's it! I'm calling Reverend Al!

You guys are really arguing about whether a cat has the rights to walk off it's owners property? That is freakin hilarious!

There are NO leash laws for Cats and no Registration requirements for Cats either. Therefore there is no requirement to keep a cat locked up on your own property.. This argument is stupid and ridiculous.

Everyone of you guys knows that cats are free roaming animals and some are pets.

Funny.

Old 08-16-2013, 20:15   #107
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
It would make sense if you bolded the rest of the sentence. Or you weren't autistic.
Thats real cute, I bet the parents of autistic children on here found that very funny.

The sad truth is the more you post the more people realize what a total whackjob you are.
Old 08-16-2013, 20:17   #108
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Apparently animals avoiding larger meaner animals is a new concept to you gentlemen. Watch a nature program and be amazed.
I dont have larger meaner animals in my yard, just me, a gun, and a shovel. I don't have cat problems anymore either. Used to have to deal with their foul urine and feces stench in my flower gardens around my porch, not anymore.
Old 08-16-2013, 20:18   #109
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy seal View Post
Well that's it! I'm calling Reverend Al!

You guys are really arguing about whether a cat has the rights to walk off it's owners property? That is freakin hilarious!

There are NO leash laws for Cats and no Registration requirements for Cats either. Therefore there is no requirement to keep a cat locked up on your own property.. This argument is stupid and ridiculous.

Everyone of you guys knows that cats are free roaming animals and some are pets.

Funny.
You're right, there is no requirement for you to keep your cat on your premises.

Similarly, there is no law that requires me to return your cat to you, when I find it on mine.

Old 08-16-2013, 21:22   #110
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I don't give two craps if farmers don't care about foot prints from cats. They can do as they please with their vehicles. I paid good money for mine, and it wasn't so someone else's cat could use it as a toy.

That you defend loose cats as anything but a pest is ridiculous.
Where I live, loose cats are appreciated for their control of rats and mice.

Without a cat, a barnful of hay turns into Swiss cheese. Introduce some cats and that and other rodent damage stops.

I'm not aware of cats wrecking paint. And I can't see the worry about muddy paw prints.

If you've got a particular cat that is wrecking your property then shoot the cat (on your property). Fine by me.

As to gardens, my experience is cats protect them by eating the moles and voles. I never notice cats wrecking veggies.

But like I say, shoot all the cats on your property that you want.

Old 08-16-2013, 21:41   #111
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
Cats are an ecological disaster. They spread disease and wipe out local wildlife, including song birds, game birds, and other small game animals, often merely for amusement. Feral cats should be treated like any other harmful invasive species.
oh, you mean like humans, but cuter, and with more uses?
Old 08-16-2013, 21:46   #112
fusegsp

When I was growing up we had a neighbor who walked his cat around on a leash inside his fenced back yard. That guy was a weirdo of the highest order and I think somewhere he is reading this thread and nodding in approval at some of the comments. I'm amazed when I see a cat around here more than once. We've got a ton of coyotes and quite a few foxes around here. The hawks don't help either. Add in the people who shoot any cat on sight and it's a rough life for cats in these parts.

Last edited by fusegsp; 08-16-2013 at 21:56..
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 22:00   #113
jame
mange takk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
As to gardens, my experience is cats protect them by eating the moles and voles. I never notice cats wrecking veggies.

They also don't attack people, menace children, or ruin paint on cars.

Now, I freely admit, I'm not an urban dweller. I'm very, very, rural. Cats that show up on an acreage are usually welcome, because they cut down on the rodent populations, allowing for the reduction of poisons, which are tasty, deadly treats for dogs.

Rats, people, and possibly cats behave much differently in urban setting as opposed to rural settings.

True farm settings, like I'm in, are even more rare, and that's possibly the reason for the local discord here.
jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:46   #114
Dubble-Tapper

this whole thread is ridiculous. anyone that thinks their cat should have the freedom to trespass on others property is clearly delusional. these are facts: cats like warm automobiles, they crawl all over them. they piss in lawns, gardens, and anywhere else they feel like marking territory.

keep your cat inside unless you can guarantee (you cant) that it will not encroach on other peoples property. if you cannot, dont be mad when someone deals with an unruly feline accordingly. The same goes for loose dogs, chickens, goats, or what ever other pet you feel necessary to keep.

that said, youd get a warning from me before id shoot anyone's animal. if its a repeat offender, it will be dispatched.

OP, if someone shot your cat for no reason, they are a POS. if they shot your cat for the reasons above, and you were warned, i cant feel sympathy.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:55   #115
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
this whole thread is ridiculous. anyone that thinks their cat should have the freedom to trespass on others property is clearly delusional. these are facts: cats like warm automobiles, they crawl all over them. they piss in lawns, gardens, and anywhere else they feel like marking territory.

keep your cat inside unless you can guarantee (you cant) that it will not encroach on other peoples property. if you cannot, dont be mad when someone deals with an unruly feline accordingly. The same goes for loose dogs, chickens, goats, or what ever other pet you feel necessary to keep.

that said, youd get a warning from me before id shoot anyone's animal. if its a repeat offender, it will be dispatched.

OP, if someone shot your cat for no reason, they are a POS. if they shot your cat for the reasons above, and you were warned, i cant feel sympathy.

You forgot children. If someone's snot-nosed offspring are wandering your property, carving their names in things, stealing small items, injuring themselves (and then having their owners sue you), and shooting your animals with BB guns, and if their owners (parents) have been warned, is it appropriate to shoot and shovel? (Yeah, that's obviously hyperbole, but I think it illustrates that executing someone else's pet is a fairly extreme response, and should, at very least, be reserved for when all other solutions are totally exhausted.)
Old 08-17-2013, 03:19   #116
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
You forgot children. If someone's snot-nosed offspring are wandering your property, carving their names in things, stealing small items, injuring themselves (and then having their owners sue you), and shooting your animals with BB guns, and if their owners (parents) have been warned, is it appropriate to shoot and shovel? (Yeah, that's obviously hyperbole, but I think it illustrates that executing someone else's pet is a fairly extreme response, and should, at very least, be reserved for when all other solutions are totally exhausted.)
call me weird, but i tend to value the life of a human child quite a bit higher than someones pet.

otherwise, id agree. i wouldnt pull out the 10/22 and snipe someones pet unless it was necessary. it would have to be quite the problem cat.

that said, it doesnt mean cat owners (or dog owners) do not have a responsibility to respect other peoples property, no matter how minor they feel the intrusion is.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:22   #117
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Cats don't wreck gardens. At least not for us rural dwellers. The damage that some here are reporting is more than likely from raccoons, possums, or skunks.

They also don't attack people, menace children, or ruin paint on cars.

Now, I freely admit, I'm not an urban dweller. I'm very, very, rural. Cats that show up on an acreage are usually welcome, because they cut down on the rodent populations, allowing for the reduction of poisons, which are tasty, deadly treats for dogs.

Rats, people, and possibly cats behave much differently in urban setting as opposed to rural settings.

True farm settings, like I'm in, are even more rare, and that's possibly the reason for the local discord here.
Good points. Also the concern about cat poop seemed odd. We've got coyote poop, fox poop, bobcat poop, raccoon poop, you name it. A little cat poop here and there is no big deal.

I regard cats as workers or pets, or both. Everybody around me is glad to have some barn cats hanging around. Keeps them from losing half their hay and veggies. And the indoor/outdoor cats keep mice out of their houses.

Obviously some people here on GT hate cats and have a different view of them. I support their right to shoot cats on their property. Seems anti-social to me, but they have that right. We also have the right to shoot dogs chasing our chickens. Nobody wants to shoot a neighbor's dog, but if it is killing livestock then may be needed.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:53   #118
pmcjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Cowner View Post
Holys*** man it's a ********** 4 month old cat ie it's a pet, I'd be willing to bet that you would be the type to shoot a cat that was "acting hostile towards someone's kid". Lets take a second to go over what the op said nearest neighbor close to a mile away, highly doubt that the cat was acting hostile. Doesn't matter what the reason was for shooting the cat is you would get the exact treatment that others have suggested, either way I can guarantee with certainty that you would not ever want to take a shot at another of my pets or anyone else's for that matter. If you have that big of a problem with cats buy a damn hose.

To the op hope that your cat make a full recovery.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Your right I am the type that would shoot a cat that was acting hostile. I know that because I have. I don't enjoy out, but I will do it. Would you rather shoot a an unknown animal, or take your kid to the emergency room with a bunch of cat scratches. Have you ever seen a bad cat scratch, the have a tendency to get infected as hell.

Keep your pets on your property where they belong and I fully support your right to beat the hell out of anyone that hurts it. Again if you are letting your cat roam free, you are treating it like a wild animal not a pet.

If you let your pet roam freely and something bad happens to it, you failed as a pet owner.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
pmcjury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02   #119
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
I am with you on this!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25   #120
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
I'm glad you live in AZ and not here. It's not your job to play Cat Police. Get over yourself.

My cat is strictly indoors only, as I live on a busy 4-lane neighborhood road in an Apartment Complex. But she also has a collar (no ID, just a bell) and is chipped, in case she ever gets out, she's registered to me. Hopefully, someone would do the right thing and turn her into the Humane Society (where I got her), so they could notify me. I don't anticipate her getting out, but accidents do happen.

Hopefully, someone would do the right thing and turn her in, rather than running around a neighborhood, shooting cats and/or trapping them.

But there are exactly 2 things you DON'T mess with when it comes to me: 1) My Guns, and 2) My cat. Lord help the person that does either; we're gonna have some words, and YOU are getting your ass kicked if I catch you. I'll GLADLY go to jail for kicking the snot out of someone who hurts or threatens my cat, or tries to steal my guns. Psychopaths belong in prison or institutions, not regular society.

To the OP: you need to file a Police Report ASAP, if this was a shot and not an animal attack.
Keep your cat north of the border, and you won't have anything to worry about, Canuck.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:03   #121
jame
mange takk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Obviously some people here on GT hate cats and have a different view of them. I support their right to shoot cats on their property. Seems anti-social to me, but they have that right. We also have the right to shoot dogs chasing our chickens. Nobody wants to shoot a neighbor's dog, but if it is killing livestock then may be needed.

And, as you stated, they were on my property doing bad things. Not annoying things. I can live with annoying. Those dogs were bad.

I know you understand the situation. Many don't, and never will, because they don't live where you and I live.

I'm not advocating trespass as some here so defiantly state. My cat didn't trespass. How do i know? Because I've been here 35 years, and I know. Given the time, distance, and geographical restraints, It would be a challenge for many here to get to my nearest neighbors place, actually find him, have a "discussion" and get back here. It just plain isn't possible.

How is the case for vandalism so hard for many to comprehend? It happens all the time, it was obvious to the vet, the sheriff's office, and my neighbors.

I know how it's hard to comprehend. Many get themselves so blinded by their own personal beliefs that they are unable to understand that it can be any other way but the way they imagine it. They aren't here, they can't see what I see, they don't live my culture. But, by God, they know.

Personal prejudices can be debilitating.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:03   #122
AZ Husker

I don't "run around the neighborhood setting traps". They are all in my back yard or carport ON MY PROPERTY. And I don't shoot anything in the city (unless it's for imminent danger). Also I said I warned all my neighbors and even cut them a break the first time I caught it. Some never learned or cared. And I did take them to the shelter so the owner had the chance to claim them. Want to keep your cat safe? Keep it in your house. No back yard will hold a cat.

Last edited by AZ Husker; 08-17-2013 at 10:03..
AZ Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08   #123
G36's Rule

Quote:
She's thankfully healing up pretty well. She's only about 4 months old, and it's surprising how tough these little beasts can be.
She wasn't shot. Likely a coyote or dog got her. Unlikely but possible that a Hawk or Eagle or Owl tried to eat her.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:15   #124
jame
mange takk

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
She wasn't shot. Likely a coyote or dog got her. Unlikely but possible that a Hawk or Eagle or Owl tried to eat her.
Don't think so, G36. Since the swelling's gone down I can feel the pellets inside her.

I've seen it before with other wildlife/domestic "entanglements", they's always another wound somewhere else, like on the other side of the body, or defensive tears and scratches. (Think of biting down on a pencil. Teeth marks on both sides.) There has to be a diametrically opposing force to grab, and there ain't one here.

And even if there were, it still doesn't explain the pellets.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27   #125
jdavionic
NRA Member

Don't care for the idea of holding the pet accountable for the owner's actions. We have an indoor/outdoor cat. However generally our neighborhood is pretty friendly toward cats. Our neighborhood is much less tolerant of dogs crapping on the lawn. Leash is required for dogs.

Our neighbor lets their dog roam free. He's a terrified little dog that used to shake at the sight of a man. The father, now gone for beating his wife, used to beat the crap out of the dog. It really pissed him off that the dog would run over and happily greet me. However the other neighbor wanted that dog dead. I reckon it was a lot easier for them versus confronting the woman beater. I'm fairly certain they shot the dog with a pellet gun. Makes no sense to me.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote