GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 17:50   #76
Steel Head
Tactical Cat
 
Steel Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the cat box
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLK8876919 View Post
i'm thinking you have a shovel in the barn to put to good use after you find the guilty person...
THIS

I'm so sorry about your cat.
__________________
Sent from a Deere 544G or a Cat D3B or a Case 580SK or a Komatsu PC28 or PC220LC, or down in a hole with a worn down shovel, or sky high from sniffin PVC glue or the cat box.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 17:53   #77
norm357
Senior Member
 
norm357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
Proving my point that cat owners are the most irresponsible of all. When I do trap an unidentified cat it goes to the shelter, and hopefully to a more responsible owner. Cats are a dime a dozen, the real owner will not pay the fees to get it out. And stink??? I can tell if you have a cat before you open your door. No way would I have an animal that I had to put out a tray for them to pee and **** in, then have to clean it out!
Neither my cat, nor my home stink. My cat uses the toilet. Not a smelly litter box.

But I get what you are saying about people letting their cats run loose.
__________________
Bringing common sense to GnG since 2003.
norm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:05   #78
FCastle88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.
And you come to the conclusion that you cat has the "right" to be on other people's property how exactly?
FCastle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:09   #79
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.

Negative ghost rider.


Your cat has no rights once it steps off the property you own.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:11   #80
Glock19Cowner
Member
 
Glock19Cowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Kansas
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjury View Post
I'll say it again for the piss poor cat owners that can't decide of the cat is a pet or a wild animal, if you would keep track of your property, you would know what happened. You don't know what happened because you let your animal roam free.

All the vet can tell you is that the cat was probably shot. The vet can't tell you of the cat was shot because some stock **** gets his rocks off inflicting pain on small animals, or if it was shot when it attacked someone else's pet, or acting hostile to someone's kid.


Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Holys*** man it's a ********** 4 month old cat ie it's a pet, I'd be willing to bet that you would be the type to shoot a cat that was "acting hostile towards someone's kid". Lets take a second to go over what the op said nearest neighbor close to a mile away, highly doubt that the cat was acting hostile. Doesn't matter what the reason was for shooting the cat is you would get the exact treatment that others have suggested, either way I can guarantee with certainty that you would not ever want to take a shot at another of my pets or anyone else's for that matter. If you have that big of a problem with cats buy a damn hose.

To the op hope that your cat make a full recovery.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Glock19Cowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:13   #81
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Can't believe so many people here advocate keeping a cat indoors 24/7. What a terrible existence that would be. Probably the same jackasses who declaw them. Yes I get paw prints on my truck, it's no biggy.

EDIT: The hose is a good suggestion. Hose a cat once or twice guarantee he'll start avoiding your property.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 18:16..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:21   #82
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Can't believe so many people here advocate keeping a cat indoors 24/7. What a terrible existence that would be. Probably the same jackasses who declaw them. Yes I get paw prints on my truck, it's no biggy.

EDIT: The hose is a good suggestion. Hose a cat once or twice guarantee he'll start avoiding your property.

No biggy to you, but its a VERY big deal to me.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:31   #83
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!
 
Jade Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA.
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Can't believe so many people here advocate keeping a cat indoors 24/7. What a terrible existence that would be. Probably the same jackasses who declaw them. Yes I get paw prints on my truck, it's no biggy.

EDIT: The hose is a good suggestion. Hose a cat once or twice guarantee he'll start avoiding your property.
Whoa, hey! I volunteer at the Humane Society, and I am AGAINST declawing in the strongest terms! I also know how much danger is posed to a cat outdoors and, sorry, but I want to come home to a cat who's ALIVE, and not splattered all over the street from some speeding jackass. Sorry if you don't GET that. Cats also run a higher risk of getting fleas and diseases outside than they do indoors, and most vets strongly recommend people keep their cats indoors. I have made my home into as much of a loving and clean domain for my pet as humanely possible. She is loved and cared for inside, as opposed to being left outside by someone who doesn't want her or doesn't care.
__________________
AK-47 WASR 10/63, Puma M92 16" .454 Casull, Glock 22 .40 S&W, Marlin M60W .22 LR, Ruger GP100 4" .357 Magnum, Winchester M1400 12 ga.
Jade Falcon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:41   #84
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Whoa, hey! I volunteer at the Humane Society, and I am AGAINST declawing in the strongest terms! I also know how much danger is posed to a cat outdoors and, sorry, but I want to come home to a cat who's ALIVE, and not splattered all over the street from some speeding jackass. Sorry if you don't GET that. Cats also run a higher risk of getting fleas and diseases outside than they do indoors, and most vets strongly recommend people keep their cats indoors. I have made my home into as much of a loving and clean domain for my pet as humanely possible. She is loved and cared for inside, as opposed to being left outside by someone who doesn't want her or doesn't care.
Allowing your cat to go outside once awhile and being "left outside" are two different things. "most vets strongly recommend keeping your cat indoors"... I'm going to call BS, never heard that ONCE after years of making trips to different vets for different animals.

Seriously though, I would hate to be reincarnated as an indoor cat. What a miserable existence... and I would have to think your cats are probably stunted mentally.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 18:44..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:42   #85
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
No biggy to you, but its a VERY big deal to me.
Yup, it is not my job to police someone elses animal. If you want a pet, keep a pet, not a roaming animal that leaves messes on other people's property. As an owner, you might not mind a cat scratching up you car, but I bet your neighbors mind.
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:45   #86
Green Mountain Boy
Senior Member
 
Green Mountain Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Green Mountain State
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.
Ok fine then so does my Burmese Python.

( I don't really own one but I am sure you get the point )


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms and Open Eyes" Incubus

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:47   #87
norm357
Senior Member
 
norm357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Allowing your cat to go outside once awhile and being "left outside" are two different things. "most vets strongly recommend keeping your cat indoors"... I'm going to call BS, never heard that ONCE after years of making trips to different vets for different animals.

Seriously though, I would hate to be reincarnated as an indoor cat. What a miserable existence... and I would have to think your cats are probably stunted mentally.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/...ert-cats_n.htm
http://pets.webmd.com/cats/features/...an-outdoor-cat

I can go on if you like....
__________________
Bringing common sense to GnG since 2003.

Last edited by norm357; 08-16-2013 at 18:48..
norm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:47   #88
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
Ok fine then so does my Burmese Python.

( I don't really own one but I am sure you get the point )


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Hyperbole much? A cat isn't capable of swallowing a small child.

Terrible analogy.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:51   #89
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
Why was your cat on the loose running the neighborhood?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
cats are to run free, not like dogs,
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:54   #90
Green Mountain Boy
Senior Member
 
Green Mountain Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Green Mountain State
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Hyperbole much? A cat isn't capable of swallowing a small child.

Terrible analogy.
Nope it's a pet so it has the same rights.

Your line of thinking is off my friend. My dog goes outside a ton with me but is never outside without a human. She is off leash running and playing and loving life.

The dog comes when I call it.

Leaving your cat unattended to come to my place is just ridiculous.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms and Open Eyes" Incubus

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:59   #91
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
Nope it's a pet so it has the same rights.

Your line of thinking is off my friend. My dog goes outside a ton with me but is never outside without a human. She is off leash running and playing and loving life.

The dog comes when I call it.

Leaving your cat unattended to come to my place is just ridiculous.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
"rights" are not something given to you by the government, or a piece of paper. It's something every being is born with. That was the sense I was using the word in.

My cat would never wander onto your property to get mauled by a dog. Know why? He's not a mentally stunted retard, he knows the world is bigger then our small house, and he knows what is dangerous and what isn't. He's been exposed to the outdoors since he was a kitten and knows how to handle himself. He waits for cars to go by on the rare occasion he decides to actually leave the property, and it's never for very long.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 19:01..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:02   #92
FCastle88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Can't believe so many people here advocate keeping a cat indoors 24/7. What a terrible existence that would be. Probably the same jackasses who declaw them. Yes I get paw prints on my truck, it's no biggy.

EDIT: The hose is a good suggestion. Hose a cat once or twice guarantee he'll start avoiding your property.
So you're okay with your neighbors dog crapping in your yard and digging holes?
FCastle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:06   #93
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.
No it doesnt. Your cat has no rights on others property, why is that so hard to understand? Your cat is no different than a wandering 100lb dog. Keep it inside or in your yard like the rest of us are expected to keep our pets.

If you chose not to, dont ***** about what happens when it wanders into someones yard and screws with their stuff.
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:07   #94
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Can't believe so many people here advocate keeping a cat indoors 24/7. What a terrible existence that would be. Probably the same jackasses who declaw them. Yes I get paw prints on my truck, it's no biggy.

EDIT: The hose is a good suggestion. Hose a cat once or twice guarantee he'll start avoiding your property.
What right do you have to allow your cat to tromp through others' property?

What is wrong with some cat owners that makes them think the world is their pet's playground?

Last edited by John Rambo; 08-16-2013 at 19:07..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:10   #95
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL
 
ilgunguygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Posts: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
"rights" are not something given to you by the government, or a piece of paper. It's something every being is born with. That was the sense I was using the word in.

My cat would never wander onto your property to get mauled by a dog. Know why? He's not a mentally stunted retard, he knows the world is bigger then our small house, and he knows what is dangerous and what isn't. He's been exposed to the outdoors since he was a kitten and knows how to handle himself. He waits for cars to go by on the rare occasion he decides to actually leave the property, and it's never for very long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
So you're okay with your neighbors dog crapping in your yard and digging holes?

Read his post above yours, he is clearly delusional. HIS cat understands property lines apparently.
__________________
***RIP Okie, GT will never be the same without you Mr Mayor!***
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:14   #96
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Read his post above yours, he is clearly delusional. HIS cat understands property lines apparently.
It would make sense if you bolded the rest of the sentence. Or you weren't autistic.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:15   #97
kiole
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
"rights" are not something given to you by the government, or a piece of paper. It's something every being is born with. That was the sense I was using the word in.

My cat would never wander onto your property [to get mauled by a dog. Know why? He's not a mentally stunted retard, he knows the world is bigger then our small house, and he knows what is dangerous and what isn't. He's been exposed to the outdoors since he was a kitten and knows how to handle himself. He waits for cars to go by on the rare occasion he decides to actually leave the property, and it's never for very long.
I had a cat scratch the crap out of my brand new camaro.. I didn't kill it because I'm not going to punish a cat for its owners irresponsibility.. Please people keep your animals in your yard supervised.

Last edited by kiole; 08-16-2013 at 19:18..
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:15   #98
Bushflyr
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
 
Bushflyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Western WA
Posts: 4,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.
Partly right. Your cat has the right to wander the neighborhood. Beyond that, not so much. We used to have a ton of cats roaming my area, crapping in my yard, and giving my dogs worms. We don't have that problem anymore. My dogs current tally is 9 cats and 3 chickens. Natural selection at its finest. All the smart ones have learned to stay out of my yard.
__________________
...the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.

That which does not kill you has made a tactical error. --Tayler
Bushflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:16   #99
Khao
Senior Member
 
Khao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 971
Apparently animals avoiding larger meaner animals is a new concept to you gentlemen. Watch a nature program and be amazed.
__________________
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 19:18..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 19:17   #100
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushflyr View Post
Partly right. Your cat has the right to wander the neighborhood. Beyond that, not so much. We used to have a ton of cats roaming my area, crapping in my yard, and giving my dogs worms. We don't have that problem anymore. My dogs current tally is 9 cats and 3 chickens. Natural selection at its finest. All the smart ones have learned to stay out of my yard.

Yup, part of the wonderful thing about owning malamutes, if they get into the yard, I generally find out when I see fur in the poop.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:26.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 835
236 Members
599 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42