SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:18   #51
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
This thread has one victim pet owner, and one pet victumizer. How interesting.

Put your rollsroyce in a garage if you are so worried about the paint. O, and your poor flowers. Maybe you could claim some sort of mental disability under obamacare.

People that have no feeling for a creature, someone else may cherish, shows a dead heart. Dime a dozen. I am sorry I live in a world with heartless people like you.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Have you ever visited an animal shelter? I've seen several cases of someone owning three cats that inbred their way to over 30. Three cats with two litters a year, 3 to 5 each time. It doesn't take long. And most of these cats run around with what looks like symptoms of a plague. The shelters around here don't accept cats anymore because of so many owners that don't bother to control their animals or have them fixed. That is what makes them "a dime a dozen." It's not because someone is just heartless. Unless it's a no-kill shelter, that animal is euthanized after 30 days without being adopted in many cases and most of the time, it's the owners dropping them there.

The poster that you're targeting said he traps the unidentified animals and takes them to the shelter. I didn't see anything about him "victimizing" them. If you don't like that, maybe the owner shouldn't have been heartless enough to not care where their beloved pet is. I've seen people shoot other people's pets on sight just because it's sitting in their yard. That's heartless and I despise it.

How about I come by your house and dig my key into your vehicle's paint while it's in the driveway? As long as it's not in a garage, I guess you think it's ok. Even if someone doesn't own a garage. If I take a dump on your porch, I guess that's fine too. When someone's pet does that, it's called a nuisance animal and it's illegal.

If you work for something, it shouldn't be okay for someone or something else to trespass and cause damage to it because you didn't put it in a garage or if it's just a cute, fuzzy kitty cat.
jfost11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:22   #52
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:

Put your rollsroyce in a garage if you are so worried about the paint. O, and your poor flowers. Maybe you could claim some sort of mental disability under obamacare.

People that have no feeling for a creature, someone else may cherish, shows a dead heart. Dime a dozen. I am sorry I live in a world with heartless people like you.

What makes cat people think their pets are special? Would it be cool if I had two 120lb dogs that I let run loose for 8 hours at a time to tear up other peoples stuff and crap in their yards? Why do cat people think there is a difference?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:29   #53
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

To a degree, I emotionally agree with you. However, from a practical standpoint, do you want to live in a world of feelings or a world of freedom? With a user name like "ShallNotBeInfringed," Rule of law and property rights should be important to you.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:34   #54
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
What makes cat people think their pets are special? Would it be cool if I had two 120lb dogs that I let run loose for 8 hours at a time to tear up other peoples stuff and crap in their yards? Why do cat people think there is a difference?
Interestingly enough, I had a neighbor who did exactly this. I told him, at one point, that I was picking up an awful lot of dog-****, for someone who owned no dogs, and that he should disregard anything that sounded like a gunshot, a yelp, and the sound of a canine corpse hitting the bottom of my dumpster. Didn't actually hurt the dogs, though. Not their fault their owner is a jackass.

ETA: Notice, when I had a problem, I took it up directly, to his face. I did not sneak onto his property under cover of night and snipe his pets. Just sayin'.

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 08-16-2013 at 03:36..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:21   #55
benji

We live in a small town and have two indoor cats and two outdoor cats. The outdoors were strays that my wife couldn't turn away. We have a cat door to our basement and make them come indoors at night and shut/lock the cat door so they can't get into trouble. It seems like most of the catfights and that type of thing happen at night. I tell all of my neighbors to let me know if they ever have a problem with the two outdoor cats and to scare them away, yell at them, or spray them with a waterhose if they don't want them in their yard. Cats are not stupid. They will not hang out where not welcomed.
benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:56   #56
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
Aren't those cats keeping the mice and rat population down? Isn't the poop good for the flowers? Do real farmers actually care if there are paw prints on their vehicles?

Sounds like you live in the perfect situation. Your neighbors are taking care of the vet bills and shelter for the cats while you benefit from them letting their cats go on your property for free.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:29   #57
FCastle88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Aren't those cats keeping the mice and rat population down? Isn't the poop good for the flowers? Do real farmers actually care if there are paw prints on their vehicles?

Sounds like you live in the perfect situation. Your neighbors are taking care of the vet bills and shelter for the cats while you benefit from them letting their cats go on your property for free.
Cats are an ecological disaster. They spread disease and wipe out local wildlife, including song birds, game birds, and other small game animals, often merely for amusement. Feral cats should be treated like any other harmful invasive species.

Like someone already said, if let their dogs run loose there would be hell to pay. Why are cats any different? Why on earth should someone have to tolerate someone else's cat on their property, possibly even damaging their property? Want a pet cat? Keep it in the house, otherwise it's a pest, not a pet.

I currently have a small colony of semi-feral cats living around my house, pretty sure the neighbors down the road are feeding them. They keep climbing on my cars and motorcycle, cats climbing on a black vehicle can scratch the hell out of it. They crap all over the yard and sidewalk, then my dogs keep getting worms. I already called the local shelter and they said they're just putting down all the cats they get in because there's too many of them. So I'm not wasting everybody's time with traps...
FCastle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:38   #58
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
Cats are an ecological disaster. They spread disease and wipe out local wildlife, including song birds, game birds, and other small game animals, often merely for amusement. Feral cats should be treated like any other harmful invasive species.

Like someone already said, if let their dogs run loose there would be hell to pay. Why are cats any different? Why on earth should someone have to tolerate someone else's cat on their property, possibly even damaging their property? Want a pet cat? Keep it in the house, otherwise it's a pest, not a pet.

I currently have a small colony of semi-feral cats living around my house, pretty sure the neighbors down the road are feeding them. They keep climbing on my cars and motorcycle, cats climbing on a black vehicle can scratch the hell out of it. They crap all over the yard and sidewalk, then my dogs keep getting worms. I already called the local shelter and they said they're just putting down all the cats they get in because there's too many of them. So I'm not wasting everybody's time with traps...
Perhaps I misunderstood, I thought the OP was talking about his cat being injured maliciously, on his property. For myself, I don't care if my next-door neighbor has a pet Bengal Tiger, or Salt-Water Crocodile, as long as he keeps it in his yard. If I choose to keep three-dozen pet rats, though, he best not come on my property to threaten them. As long as you're not harming me, do as you like. Come on my land with a weapon to harm my animals, though, and you're a hostile intruder, even if the weapon is a pellet rifle and you're twelve years old. JMO.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42   #59
FCastle88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood, I thought the OP was talking about his cat being injured maliciously, on his property. For myself, I don't care if my next-door neighbor has a pet Bengal Tiger, or Salt-Water Crocodile, as long as he keeps it in his yard. If I choose to keep three-dozen pet rats, though, he best not come on my property to threaten them. As long as you're not harming me, do as you like. Come on my land with a weapon to harm my animals, though, and you're a hostile intruder, even if the weapon is a pellet rifle and you're twelve years old. JMO.
The OP was. The post I was replying to was referring to people letting their cats roam on other people's property. I agree with you, they can keep whatever they want as long as it stays on their property.
FCastle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53   #60
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
The OP was. The post I was replying to was referring to people letting their cats roam on other people's property. I agree with you, they can keep whatever they want as long as it stays on their property.
I tend to agree, provided we're including human offspring in the equation. Raise your kids however you like, but send them on my property to carve their names in my trees, molest my livestock, shoot my cats, break my windows, etc, I'm likely to be less forgiving than if they were ignorant cats, knowing no better. JMO.

Run your family however you like. Run your property however you like. When it bleeds onto my land, though, I'm like to get ornery.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:14   #61
podwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
Attachment 235186

And I'm none too happy about it.
That is horrible. I hope whomever would do that to your cat gets a full dose of karma in the face.

I hope your cat makes a full recovery. People may make fun of/scoff at love for your cat, but they can be just as much a part of you as people feel about dogs. My cat had a near-death experience last week and I was pretty sad over it (she made it though).

Good luck!
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54   #62
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:

thats complete, utter BS and with a username like that, you should know better. My property should not be infringed upon just because you arent a responsible pet owner.

i wouldnt kill a cat over that either, but if someones cat is scratching my paint, putting muddy prints on it, im going to have an issue albeit a small one.

What if i have a nice car im quite proud of and I have no garage?

What if I grow veggies to help supplement feeding my family and your cat keeps pissin on my tomatoes or crappin in my squash?
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:58   #63
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
If you don't show your badge, we don't believe you.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:09   #64
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

I hate cats. Despise them. But that's messed up. Hope you catch the F'er.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15   #65
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
That depends. How, if one were to attempt it, would one castrate a cow? Now, a hundred years ago, in the future, ever?
I see what you did there.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:26   #66
pmcjury

You said your nearest neighbor is about a mile away, do you own all that land?

I also think you are under estimating how far a cat can travel in two hours, I doubt that two miles would a difficult task, especially if the cat started chasing something.

Hopefully your cat heals up well, but I don't see any proof that this was someone up to no good. Maybe it was, but maybe your cat stuck is nose where it didn't belong.

Cats that come around my house are left alone until they do something they shouldn't, and then I deal with them.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
pmcjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:54   #67
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post

I don't give two craps if farmers don't care about foot prints from cats. They can do as they please with their vehicles. I paid good money for mine, and it wasn't so someone else's cat could use it as a toy.

That you defend loose cats as anything but a pest is ridiculous.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:27   #68
podwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjury View Post
You said your nearest neighbor is about a mile away, do you own all that land?

I also think you are under estimating how far a cat can travel in two hours, I doubt that two miles would a difficult task, especially if the cat started chasing something.

Hopefully your cat heals up well, but I don't see any proof that this was someone up to no good. Maybe it was, but maybe your cat stuck is nose where it didn't belong.

Cats that come around my house are left alone until they do something they shouldn't, and then I deal with them.

Would you shoot someone's dog if it were nosing around? Someone's pet goat? Where do you draw the line?

If my neighbor's pet was up to no good around my place, I'd talk to me neighbor about it. I wouldn't shoot the dumb animal. (Yes, it'd be different if I were in fear for my safety.)

I wonder about people sometimes. A-holes abound--just see what happened to the OP's poor cat.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 13:01   #69
pmcjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by podwich View Post
Would you shoot someone's dog if it were nosing around? Someone's pet goat? Where do you draw the line?

If my neighbor's pet was up to no good around my place, I'd talk to me neighbor about it. I wouldn't shoot the dumb animal. (Yes, it'd be different if I were in fear for my safety.)

I wonder about people sometimes. A-holes abound--just see what happened to the OP's poor cat.
No I wouldn't shoot someone's pet for wandering around, but you can bet your ass If the dog stayed growling at me, is days would be numbered of it kept coming around. I'm not going to try and chase down an animal that is acting unfriendly to try and read it's tag. I'll try and scare our away if possible, if not I have no problem shooting an animal. People keep pets on a leash, on their property, or in their home. Animals roaming the wild are wild animals. I'm not going to just leave a wild animal be if it is a threat to me or a loved one, or if it is damaging my property.

Old 08-16-2013, 14:00   #70
jame
mange takk

But that wasn't the case, was it?

I'll say it again for the slow class.

The animal was inspected by a veterinarian and she determine, from previous experience, that she had been shot.

I made a sheriffs report this a.m., and it was taken seriously enough to increase patrols in my area.

This isn't a joke or some fantasy tough guy philosophical debate.

A bad thing happened by bad people, and a proper response is being prepared for them.
jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 15:34   #71
pmcjury

Quote:
But that wasn't the case, was it?

I'll say it again for the slow class.

The animal was inspected by a veterinarian and she determine, from previous experience, that she had been shot.

I made a sheriffs report this a.m., and it was taken seriously enough to increase patrols in my area.

This isn't a joke or some fantasy tough guy philosophical debate.

A bad thing happened by bad people, and a proper response is being prepared for them.
I'll say it again for the piss poor cat owners that can't decide of the cat is a pet or a wild animal, if you would keep track of your property, you would know what happened. You don't know what happened because you let your animal roam free.

All the vet can tell you is that the cat was probably shot. The vet can't tell you of the cat was shot because some stock **** gets his rocks off inflicting pain on small animals, or if it was shot when it attacked someone else's pet, or acting hostile to someone's kid.

Old 08-16-2013, 16:58   #72
Bruce M

Good to hear your cat is improving.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 17:21   #73
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

I'm sorry your cat is hurt and glad that it survived.

I suppose it could have been a glancing blow with a .22. I can't see the shape of the holes that well. I can't figure out how your cat was shot twice. A cat shot once with anything, that didn't instantly drop it, would be moving so fast it would be nearly impossible to shoot it again.

If it was shot with a shotgun and just caught a couple of pellets, wouldn't they still be in there?

I have my doubts about a coyote as well. They kill for a living and if it had a good enough grip to make that kind of wound, I don't think your cat would make it home.

I'm thinking maybe a domestic dog? They aren't killing to eat so maybe it wasn't willing to go through the pain a cat can inflict and let go when the claws started flying.

If it is a gunshot and the police find who did it, I'm hoping they resist arrest.

Last edited by FL Airedale; 08-16-2013 at 17:24..
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 17:28   #74
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Proving my point that cat owners are the most irresponsible of all. When I do trap an unidentified cat it goes to the shelter, and hopefully to a more responsible owner. Cats are a dime a dozen, the real owner will not pay the fees to get it out. And stink??? I can tell if you have a cat before you open your door. No way would I have an animal that I had to put out a tray for them to pee and **** in, then have to clean it out!
I'm glad you live in AZ and not here. It's not your job to play Cat Police. Get over yourself.

My cat is strictly indoors only, as I live on a busy 4-lane neighborhood road in an Apartment Complex. But she also has a collar (no ID, just a bell) and is chipped, in case she ever gets out, she's registered to me. Hopefully, someone would do the right thing and turn her into the Humane Society (where I got her), so they could notify me. I don't anticipate her getting out, but accidents do happen.

Hopefully, someone would do the right thing and turn her in, rather than running around a neighborhood, shooting cats and/or trapping them.

But there are exactly 2 things you DON'T mess with when it comes to me: 1) My Guns, and 2) My cat. Lord help the person that does either; we're gonna have some words, and YOU are getting your ass kicked if I catch you. I'll GLADLY go to jail for kicking the snot out of someone who hurts or threatens my cat, or tries to steal my guns. Psychopaths belong in prison or institutions, not regular society.

To the OP: you need to file a Police Report ASAP, if this was a shot and not an animal attack.
Old 08-16-2013, 17:48   #75
Khao

Quote:
Simple resolution. If she's a pet, keep her inside.
Uhm no. My cat has a right to walk around the neighborhood without being abducted or shot at by some psycopath.

Last edited by Khao; 08-16-2013 at 17:49..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote