SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-15-2013, 22:56   #26
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
My god! Poop in the flowerbeds and paw prints on the car!

Forget GI Joe, you're the real American hero!
Old 08-15-2013, 23:00   #27
2bgop

Quote:
I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
This has to be a joke
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:05   #28
Kevinr20

Quote:
if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.
And what do you do with the trapped cats?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:08   #29
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
And what do you do with the trapped cats?
He's like the Punisher, but with cats.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:16   #30
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...

Quote:
i'm not saying i'm a cat lover, i already said what i think should happen to the OP's cat "attacker" whomever they be. BUT i'm semi agreeing with AZ. cats are "useful" animals on a farm, not loving pets. do you know how cats were neutered in the "old days on a farm?" go find a boot.....without bringing them into a Vets office and sterile OR? Everyone know why there's usually FEW bulls on a cattle farm? sometimes the GT needs more farm / rural input than shooting enthusiasts / gun loving peeps.... Just IMO, no offense...
GLK8876919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:21   #31
2bgop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLK8876919 View Post
i'm not saying i'm a cat lover, i already said what i think should happen to the OP's cat "attacker" whomever they be. BUT i'm semi agreeing with AZ. cats are "useful" animals on a farm, not loving pets. do you know how cats were neutered in the "old days on a farm?" go find a boot.....without bringing them into a Vets office and sterile OR? Everyone know why there's usually FEW bulls on a cattle farm? sometimes the GT needs more farm / rural input than shooting enthusiasts / gun loving peeps.... Just IMO, no offense...
I grew up in as rural place as you can find, what kind of input are you talking about? I also grew up on a very large cattle operation, I think I understand animal ag as well as anyone, but I still don't get your point.

Some people treat some animals poorly? I think we all would stipulate to that.
Old 08-15-2013, 23:22   #32
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
She's thankfully healing up pretty well. She's only about 4 months old, and it's surprising how tough these little beasts can be.
Glad to read this.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:33   #33
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bgop View Post
I grew up in as rural place as you can find, what kind of input are you talking about? I also grew up on a very large cattle operation, I think I understand animal ag as well as anyone, but I still don't get your point.

Some people treat some animals poorly? I think we all would stipulate to that.
Plz don't get me wrong. not saying to treat animals poorly what so ever. just saying what some peeps "think" is poor treatment is just "what has to been done" type of philosophy. when cows are castrated now, most, are treated way better than 100 yrs ago. do you agree?

My dogs, when i was living in upstate NY, were always outside animals, every day of the year. i now live in a warm state and my GF's dogs sleep in the same frikin bed and one is a 110 lbs fat slop snoring bull dog that becomes an immovable object. oh how our habits change, but my "belief" is they are still "animals"...
GLK8876919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:38   #34
2bgop

Quote:
Plz don't get me wrong. not saying to treat animals poorly what so ever. just saying what some peeps "think" is poor treatment is just "what has to been done" type of philosophy. when cows are castrated now, most, are treated way better than 100 yrs ago. do you agree?

My dogs, when i was living in upstate NY, were always outside animals, every day of the year. i now live in a warm state and my GF's dogs sleep in the same frikin bed and one is a 110 lbs fat slop snoring bull dog that becomes an immovable object. oh how our habits change, but my "belief" is they are still "animals"...
Hmmm....
Old 08-15-2013, 23:41   #35
jame
mange takk

Regardless of philosophy, you never, ever go to someone else's property and shoot their animals.

No?
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:46   #36
r3dot

Quote:
Well, that's the vet's report anyway. I was initially thinking coyote, but she has two holes on one side and none on the other.

She was guessing it was a really bad shot with a shotgun, with two pellets going in, or a glancing shot with a .22. She said she's seen a few of these cases lately.
There's no way someone shot her 2 times. Sounds like she got bit, poked, or anything other than shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 23:56   #37
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Well, that's the vet's report anyway. I was initially thinking coyote, but she has two holes on one side and none on the other.

She was guessing it was a really bad shot with a shotgun, with two pellets going in, or a glancing shot with a .22. She said she's seen a few of these cases lately.
Honestly, I really doubt this.

a 22, would kill a 4 month old cat with that placement.

Most likely, something tried to get it, and the cat got away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
My god! Poop in the flowerbeds and paw prints on the car!

I don't know about you, but I like my car. Cats walking across the paint, is unacceptable.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 00:05   #38
AZ Husker

Proving my point that cat owners are the most irresponsible of all. When I do trap an unidentified cat it goes to the shelter, and hopefully to a more responsible owner. Cats are a dime a dozen, the real owner will not pay the fees to get it out. And stink??? I can tell if you have a cat before you open your door. No way would I have an animal that I had to put out a tray for them to pee and **** in, then have to clean it out!
Old 08-16-2013, 00:12   #39
jame
mange takk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Honestly, I really doubt this.

a 22, would kill a 4 month old cat with that placement.

Most likely, something tried to get it, and the cat got away.
No teeth bruises on the other side. No spit either. Also no sharp piercings such as a talon. I've come up on fresh kills back there, and this just doesn't hook up.

The most common firearm around here is the shotgun. I've fired one so much I've had blisters.

The two holes are entirely consistent with a long range or deep brush BB shot.
Old 08-16-2013, 00:17   #40
Kevinr20

Quote:
No teeth bruises on the other side. No spit either. Also no sharp piercings such as a talon. I've come up on fresh kills back there, and this just doesn't hook up.

The most common firearm around here is the shotgun. I've fired one so much I've had blisters.

The two holes are entirely consistent with a long range or deep brush BB shot.
Were the holes completely punctured? Did the vet xray to see if there is any shot inside the cat?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 00:17   #41
Dubble-Tapper

thats ****ed up. hope you can avenge your feline friend. it would take a lot for me to kill a cat. merely trespassing wouldnt make me shoot one. somebody is a sicko.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 00:22   #42
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I think a 3' section of garden hose, filled with sand, would be appropriate if you find whoever did it.
Wait, what now?
Old 08-16-2013, 00:32   #43
jame
mange takk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
Were the holes completely punctured? Did the vet xray to see if there is any shot inside the cat?
Nope. Why incur the debt? She's healing, and xrays are $100. Seems a little pointless.

Holes are through the skin and into the flesh.
Old 08-16-2013, 00:35   #44
AZ Husker

Simple resolution. If she's a pet, keep her inside.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:25   #45
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:

That depends. How, if one were to attempt it, would one castrate a cow? Now, a hundred years ago, in the future, ever?

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 08-16-2013 at 01:27..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:59   #46
jfost11

To the OP, I'm sorry your cat was injured however it may have happened. I hope for a full recovery. I've had someone shoot my dog with a bb gun when I was a kid. The prick was very close to getting his ass beaten a with piece of hickory.

I don't wish harm upon anyone's pet. Even if they are cat people. I actually like cats except for the litter box stench. Most cat owners that I know get on my nerves though.

As far as cats roaming, my grandma has always had cats and they've always been outdoor animals. Things happen to small outdoor animals, especially in rural areas.

To those making light of cats walking on a car, pay almost two grand for a new convertible top on a classic car just to have your neighbor's tabby shred it. Or the paint scratches left from playing or jumping on and off the car. They should stay away from cars, even for their own protection. I've seen one climb up around a car's engine to keep warm on two occasions. They were caught in the fan belt when the car was started and their guts were squeezed out.

I currently have a neighbor that is under the strange delusion that his outdoor cats don't leave his yard. I have pictures of the remaining cat and where it's taken a crap to prove otherwise. My dog chased one of his cats through the woods on our property and caught up to it just after the trees end which is the property line. My dog is now registered as dangerous since he killed the nut job's cat on the cat's property. It could have been prevented if he had told us he had a cat. Since then, the dumbass shoots at everything he sees moving in the woods around his home and claims whatever it may be is trying to kill his cat. Even a lost puppy half the size of his cat and terrified of everything. He then called animal control and sent them to my house like it was my fault. The AC officer wasn't expecting me to pop out cell phone pics and say, "Yeah, I've seen it. Is this the vicious beast you're after?" I'm waiting for the large pair of hawks that frequent my back yard to make a fancy feast out of his furball.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:08   #47
Speleothem

I love cats, but every one I've had just kinda showed up.
I currently have two inside and six outside. They are all fixed and got their shots.
The outside kitties have a two and a half acre yard and don't wander far.
Speleothem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:31   #48
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Glad the kitty is OK, I'd be seriously pissed too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33   #49
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

This thread has one victim pet owner, and one pet victumizer. How interesting.

Put your rollsroyce in a garage if you are so worried about the paint. O, and your poor flowers. Maybe you could claim some sort of mental disability under obamacare.

People that have no feeling for a creature, someone else may cherish, shows a dead heart. Dime a dozen. I am sorry I live in a world with heartless people like you.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:54   #50
goldenlight

Quote:
I was thinking a pair of pantyhose and a couple of apples.
I was thinking of a .338.