Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:35   #126
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Not to mention seeing this show makes me remember why I dumped TV all those years ago. (And I'm still glad I did!) '

It's not worth the $$ they want for it.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:25   #127
Big Dog Dad

I watch it now for this reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
its better then all the other crap shows, the one thing that really impressed me was WHEN THEY WERE RENEWING THEIR CONTRACT THE CHANNEL WANTED THEM TO CUT OUT THE TABLE SCENES AND PRAYERS . they said no and if they did not like it they were sure another channel would pick it up .

if you watch it like a sitcom its OK. if you watch thinking its real you obviously dont get it
I heard why the producers wanted them to eliminate prayers at the end. The muslims complained that it offended them. If they don't like it, here's a hint: Don't watch it! I am amazed that this country pays attention to every small group of complainers, whiners, and other assorted *****ers every day. Let's start paying attention to the working class folks that are paying to support all the whining, gimme-dat crowds.

-=BDD=-
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45   #128
Bruce H

Something to think about. When it all goes to hell who do you want to hang out with, the Robertsons or Honey Boo Boo.

They made theirs the old fashioned way. They worked for it and it didn't change who they were.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53   #129
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Dad View Post
I heard why the producers wanted them to eliminate prayers at the end. The muslims complained that it offended them. If they don't like it, here's a hint: Don't watch it! I am amazed that this country pays attention to every small group of complainers, whiners, and other assorted *****ers every day. Let's start paying attention to the working class folks that are paying to support all the whining, gimme-dat crowds.

-=BDD=-
muslims are offended by the American tradition of Christian prayer at dinner time? I'm glad Phil told the producers to shove it when they suggested the prayer scenes be eliminated. All the more reason to watch the show.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53   #130
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:

-=BDD=-
In all fairness, I don't think any muslims actually complained publicly. The version of the story I read was that the producers were afraid of complaints - I assume by muslims and athiests among others. But no actual complaints came through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:59   #131
OUSooner

Phil also insisted the show start at 9:00. A&E bocked saying that start time is too late. Phil insisted as to give people that go to Wed. night church service time to get home and watch it.

It's a good wholesome show the whole family can watch and thought it's scripted most of the stuff on their is based on real life experiences they have had.
OUSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:16   #132
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

May have already been noted, but does the concept of overexposure mean nothing to them? It's hard to go down any aisle in Walmart without seeing something branded for their show. I just want to know who is decorating their home with DD wall "art."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Henry's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58   #133
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
May have already been noted, but does the concept of overexposure mean nothing to them? It's hard to go down any aisle in Walmart without seeing something branded for their show. I just want to know who is decorating their home with DD wall "art."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
They are actually being very smart with that. The show will not last forever and honestly is starting to decline a little bit. So make your money while you can.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it is honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:17   #134
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

I appreciate their success. I appreciate their moral values. I even envy their lifestyle but I don't see any reason to watch the show. At least it's not Honey Boo Boo.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:03   #135
mgs
Always Carrying

I enjoy the show.....relaxing and funny. Don't have time to watch the 10pm version but picked up three seasons on DVD for $15. Production quality and video is pretty nice. I'd hang with them and hunt a bit if I had the chance. Stand in line to see them....no. Being in TV as a career choice...I've met some top shelf people who are good conservative millionaires. I also support their values as a Christian and they don't mind sharing....neither do I. Buck Commander is a pretty good show and Willie is pretty good with a bow, Mike.

Last edited by mgs; 11-07-2013 at 09:07..
mgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26   #136
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
Must be a regional thing; I just noticed a DVD display for the show in Wal-Mart the other day... Haven't seen anything like what you mentioned...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:46   #137
Tvov

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
Must be a regional thing; I just noticed a DVD display for the show in Wal-Mart the other day... Haven't seen anything like what you mentioned...
Just this summer it has seemed like I am suddenly bombarded with Duck Dynasty. Cabela's, Walmart... and the halloween trick or treaters! yep, saw a few DD "costumes" - mostly the head band and beard with camo clothing.

It will be interesting to see if it lasts until next summer. I am thinking people are going to get burned out on it all.

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:24   #138
Pawcatch@aol.co

Today at my local Wal-Mart I saw wine that was labeled Duck Dynasty right next to the deer corn and gun counter.
Funny thing that it was bottled in California

Last edited by Pawcatch@aol.co; 11-07-2013 at 10:26..
Pawcatch@aol.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42   #139
Harper

Quote:

-=BDD=-

This is a myth and a fantastically successful one. It's really riled viewers up to feel as if they're a part of some resistance.
Quote:
“The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true,” Alan said in an email to TheBlaze, adding the description of “false” to the chatter. “We continue to partner with A&E to make a great tv show that reflects our family’s values.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...alked-to-them/
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:03   #140
9jeeps
Fogey

Have you noticed beards are showing up everywhere these days?
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 14:53   #141
USAF96815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimpson4 View Post
Uncle Si
Uncle Si is doing USO stuff now for the Troops around the US.
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 15:16   #142
robbcayman

Ok.. you asked for it. It's just another cheesy American scripted tv show see: pawn stars as well. It's not funny, and I find it really corny. I find it funny how each week the producers try to stir something up to keep it going. It just gets old. The craziest part is you can't turn the corner in a Wal-Mart or other retail store without seeing a Duck Dynasty logo plastered on a bib for a kid, a bag of chips, or useless trinket. It's just dumb.

I am a 30 year old guy with a sense of humor and this is crap even my parents shrug at. It's just lame.
robbcayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 15:17   #143
elsolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post
Have you noticed beards are showing up everywhere these days?
I thought that peaked with the hollywood pretty boys all sporting beards a year ago or so, Clooney, Affleck, etc.

Oh well, at least my idiot sister no longer says I look homeless, I now look like uncle Si. (never watched the show, TV sucks)
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 15:36   #144
racerford

It is about 100 times better than the Housewives of stuff or Kate and 28 or Big Brother, Survivor, great race, etc.

The producers bleep parts, but they are not even cussing. Think of it as a sitcom with real people. Of course it is mostly scripted. Off the show they do not pretend otherwise. They built a good size business by hard work. They earned what they have. I don't watch it, but my wife does. At least we don't have to turn it off when the kids come in the room. That is a lot more than I can say about the bulk of the programming on TV.

Yes it is over-marketed. Got to strike while the iron is hot. The one item that I don't like is the tea glasses. Si's tea glasses are Tupperware that have lasted since Vietnam. They glasses they are selling are not Tupperware. That is a rip-off.

Last edited by racerford; 11-07-2013 at 15:38..
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 15:38   #145
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

TLDR, and I have only seen like 2 episodes, but it seems to me that they're a bunch of good ole boys who somehow made it big on TV. Quit hatin'.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 15:49   #146
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
My sister in law practically drools over this show. I've watched it a few times and I don't get it.
These dudes sit, mumble, and pretend to hunt. They sit in a boat, mumble more, show some ducks in the air clearly nowhere near them, they stand up shoot, and sit down and mumble more. No ducks, no splash, no dog....
Am I missing something?
Guys with 120+ IQs figured out how to take money from folks with < 100 IQs. Nothing new. Just a different method.
RenegadeGlocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 16:04   #147
*ASH*

lol there is not a single person on this board or the world for that matter that would not milk it while its hot .if any of you were on the show and family you would be selling the same things . in tv and specially so called reality shows they fizzle quickly . make the money while you can ,

hell they were rich before the show . now they are just mega rich .

yeah every store has lots of their stuff but i dont see where someone makes you buy it . dont like it dont look at it lol . people will find anything to ***** about
Old 11-07-2013, 16:16   #148
norm357

Yes I know it's scripted. Yes, I love it. I want to be adopted by the Robertsons.
Old 11-07-2013, 17:14   #149
wjv

Don't watch it. . . Don't watch any of the pseudo-drama-queen-over-the-top-with-angst "reality" shows.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 17:22   #150
relayman

They are God fearing , gun owning , tax paying , family men , and people here are attacking them . Imagine that .

Last edited by relayman; 11-07-2013 at 17:23..
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote