Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:49   #101
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Also, for those with kids who watch, Si is going to voice a character in Veggie Tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:24   #102
MoCop

I don't get reality shows and try my best not to watch them.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:00   #103
LEO/Dad
Navy Veteran

I get it.......also hot wives!
LEO/Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:01   #104
Chuck66
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
I don't get any of these trashy "reality" shows.
I hold them personally responsible for the decline of Western civilization.
Duck Dynasty is about as far from "trashy" as anything on television since the 50s.
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:39   #105
el_jewapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
Duck Dynasty is about as far from "trashy" as anything on television since the 50s.
He must be one of those that thinks a southern accent = trashy.
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:55   #106
jsimpson4

I live an hour and a half away from West Monroe and my family and I drove there this past weekend. Long story short.....we ended up visiting with Uncle Si and his lovely wife at their home. They are the most down to earth, sweetest folks you'll ever meet. They opened their hearts and home to my family and it was a very memorable experience. They made an already big fan, an even bigger one. He signed my son's Uncle Si tea glass that we purchased from the Duck Commander store and made his day!

Last edited by jsimpson4; 09-05-2013 at 13:55..
jsimpson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:02   #107
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimpson4 View Post
Long story short.....we ended up visiting with Uncle Si and his lovely wife at their home. They are the most down to earth, sweetest folks you'll ever meet.

Doesn't surprise me much at all.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:07   #108
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Some people actually believe those shows are "reality".
The truth is they are ALL faked with bad actors following a poorly written script.

They will be the downfall of our civilization.
I so totally agree. I can't believe the people that get into these reality shows. They are so mind numbing.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:08   #109
Harper

Quote:
He signed my son's Uncle Si tea glass that we purchased from the Duck Commander store and made his day!
Did Si have a glass of tea with him?
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:10   #110
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I live an hour and a half away from West Monroe and my family and I drove there this past weekend. Long story short.....we ended up visiting with Uncle Si and his lovely wife at their home. They are the most down to earth, sweetest folks you'll ever meet. They opened their hearts and home to my family and it was a very memorable experience. They made an already big fan, an even bigger one. He signed my son's Uncle Si tea glass that we purchased from the Duck Commander store and made his day!
Make it a longer story.
Old 09-05-2013, 14:12   #111
jsimpson4

You know, his wife talked with us a for a few minutes while, as she put it, "He prettied up for us". She did, in fact, make him a glass of tea before he came out to visit with us. Poor guy was probably napping and we bothered him but he came out with a smile on his face and visited with us. I found out that it is unsweet tea he drinks, not sweet.
Old 09-05-2013, 14:13   #112
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Cut View Post
I concur. I like that the grandparents are spending time with the grandkids and they teach them to be respectful. Furthermore the grandparents are held up as an important part of the family.

I'm so sick of programming that makes the dads and granddads look like a bunch of buffoons.
Uhhh...have you seen the show? They sank a boat, bought a dress that they had returned to get a another one, missed career day at their kid's school etc. I've only seen a couple of episodes, but it's buffoonery at it's finest.
Old 09-05-2013, 14:17   #113
jsimpson4

Ok 686....

After visiting Duck Commander, I talked with a friend who had gone sight seeing and he told me where Si lived. We drove by there and his neighbors happened to be outside. They chatted with us and asked if we wanted to meet Si and Christine....of course we said YES! They walked us over and in we went into Si's living room. His wife visited with us for a few minutes while we waited for him to come out. She was so kind. We were just at the right place at the right time.

The night before we went on our trip, my son asked me how he should address Uncle Si when he saw him.....I laughed it off thinking there's no way we were gonna see any of the guys. Little did I know!
Old 09-05-2013, 14:22   #114
jsimpson4

Here's my son with him. Notice his tea glass on the left-hand side? LOL

Last edited by jsimpson4; 10-22-2013 at 06:39..
Old 09-05-2013, 15:08   #115
Restless28

Quote:
Here's my son with him. Notice his tea glass on the left-hand side? LOL The Okie Corral
That is super cool!
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:22   #116
rednoved
NRA Member

jsimpson4, that is pretty awesome.
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:25   #117
racerford

My wife watches it. I see parts of it as makes me come in there to watch some funny thing.

I will say this. It is way better, and more uplifting than any of those Housewives of shows that she used to watch. They were mean and catty and generally not very nice people or nice to each other. At least on Duck Dynasty it is nicer light hearted picking on each other. The worst part is they play up the dump hick thing too much. Several of them are quite smart. One son has a business degree. One of the employees is working on his master's degree.

I hope the show doesn't corrupt their values.

Some of the other reality shows "stars" clearly had no values to begin with.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:45   #118
jsimpson4

This is one show my family and I look forward to watching as a family. It's one of the very few that is family friendly.

Oh yeah, we went to the snow can stand (Debbie's) they visited when their air was out and mountain man was repairing it. My son asked where the bucket was that Martin got his snow come in and they let him "touch" it like he asked. He was excited about it.
Old 09-05-2013, 17:45   #119
rednoved
NRA Member

The Okie Corral
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 20:53   #120
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Ok 686....

After visiting Duck Commander, I talked with a friend who had gone sight seeing and he told me where Si lived. We drove by there and his neighbors happened to be outside. They chatted with us and asked if we wanted to meet Si and Christine....of course we said YES! They walked us over and in we went into Si's living room. His wife visited with us for a few minutes while we waited for him to come out. She was so kind. We were just at the right place at the right time.

The night before we went on our trip, my son asked me how he should address Uncle Si when he saw him.....I laughed it off thinking there's no way we were gonna see any of the guys. Little did I know!
Thanks for sharing that.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:40   #121
jsimpson4

You're welcome. I just couldn't believe we were in his living room and how down to earth they were. He honestly felt like he was my Uncle and I'd known him all of my life.

Very Christian family as well and he even talked about how he was getting ready to speak at their church the next day.

I saw on a commercial last night that the show had 11.8 million viewers on this season's premiere and that it is TV's No. 1 show right now. Good for them.

If you ever go by and visit the warehouse, you can usually take pictures of their traveling RV and the 18-wheeler. Unless you get there early, the line is pretty long to get inside the store. Your family needs a picture underneath the Duck/Buck Commander sign!!!

Oh yeah, here's the cup he signed for my boy.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by jsimpson4; 09-06-2013 at 06:52..
Old 09-06-2013, 06:55   #122
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
You're welcome. I just couldn't believe we were in his living room and how down to earth they were. He honestly felt like he was my Uncle and I'd known him all of my life.

Very Christian family as well and he even talked about how he was getting ready to speak at their church the next day.

I saw on a commercial last night that the show had 11.8 million viewers on this season's premiere and that it is TV's No. 1 show right now. Good for them.

If you ever go by and visit the warehouse, you can usually take pictures of their traveling RV and the 18-wheeler. Unless you get there early, the line is pretty long to get inside the store. Your family needs a picture underneath the Duck/Buck Commander sign!!!
Jase came to our area to speak at a local church. Initially they thought it would be modest gathering. The interest and turnout was huge. A friend of mine had the opportunity to talk with him afterward. He walked away with a similar impression - genuinely good guy that was very down to earth.

My oldest daughter, in college now, is a big fan of Si and the show. I've been thinking about heading out that way on a road trip during one of her breaks. I've got relatives in TX and used to stop in Shreveport on the way out there. I think they are pretty close to there.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 22:54   #123
vart

I was talking to an old family friend the other day and he mentioned how one of the Duck Dynasty guys had spoke at a fundraiser recently in the area.

My friend is a hard man to impress, and he had nothing but good things to say about the show and the man that spoke.

So, tonight I saw a Duck Dynasty marathon was on and tuned in...

It is obviously staged to some extent, but 4 episodes later, I am hooked...

Funny, clean, and wholesome; what's not to love?

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 00:11   #124
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
...Funny, clean, and wholesome; what's not to love?

Just like partying at Playboy Mansion West!!

I kid!! I Kid!!

I think the show is funny.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:34   #125
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Do You "Get" Duck Dynasty?

I'm very proud to say no I don't get it and I'm glad I don't.