Old 08-14-2013, 19:26   #76
*ASH*

i almost shipped my pants

k-mart will gone soon enough , they are barely on life support
Old 08-14-2013, 19:27   #77
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

~ "Kmart knows their customer base" ~
`Progressives (Liberals) also Know "their" voter base well...start them young...keep them stupid and dependent......Defending "Kool" Gangsta-rap-music is a given!

Old 08-14-2013, 19:54   #78
bno762

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgwahl View Post
Bloody hell. Black and rap doesn't automatically equal ghetto culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
They can emulate his musical style and talent, and not emulate his lifestyle.

If we follow your logic, I guess we shouldn't let boys play football, huh?
Really. No rock, no country music, no rap, don't wear a hoodie, don't point your fingers because it might be construed as intent to shoot someone.... am I missing anything else? I guess every kid should sit at home studying or reading the bible.
Old 08-14-2013, 19:56   #79
bno762

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i almost shipped my pants
Those commercials were funny as h#77.
Old 08-14-2013, 22:50   #80
hpracing007

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Pro Sports Hero View Post
I did look at it. Clearly the program is failing. I'm no expert, but the road to staying out of trouble should not include emulating known criminals.

DMX - Ruff Ryders' Anthem - YouTube
I was scrolling through the thread but man, that was one of my FAVORITE songs growing up. It was even my ringtone, may have to change it to that!
Old 08-15-2013, 00:10   #81
jfost11

I just saw that School Bus Is My Limo commercial and it was a shortened version that I haven't noticed before. The part I have a problem with is the hoodie fo a hami, erybodee lookin, wif dat , etc part and it's not in the short version. With it, it resembles wanna be gangsta rappers. Without that part, I must say it does look like just an innocent bunch of urban youth playfully singing and dancing. It's still not something I want to listen to but, it does clean it up without it.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:09   #82
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
They don't sell ammunition due to 2 white kids who listened to Marylin Manson (not that it matters), and shot up a school.
their ya go, blame the white guy.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24   #83
686Owner
NRA Life Member

To the person(s) complaining about the video. You are complaining about the way the video made you feel. It makes you feel like it's violent. A kid points his fingers and you say he is emulating a gun. It makes you feel like he is pointing a gun, but he is doing nothing more than pointing his finger. You FEEL like the kids are dancing like skanks, but they are dancing no more provocatively than any kid's dance or ballet that I have attended.

The problem isn't with the commercial, but your perspective. You should all ask yourself the question why you FEEL that way about this commercial. Basing your argument on FEELINGS rather than FACTS is something that the liberals that you love to diss so much do (and this is coming from a self-proclaimed libertarian).

The FACT is, there was no violence, drug use or promiscuous sex in the video, but you imagined it for some reason. Please ask yourself WHY?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:26   #84
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
OMG! Improper English! "There" is the word your are looking for. This thread is the downfall of our civilization. Too much violence, drugs and promiscuous sex in your post!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:16   #85
Rabid Rabbit

I saw it for the first time last night. The ad is crap, I'm trying to figure out why are they selling to the kids, the kids don't make the decision to go to kmart the parents do, the kids make some decisions on what to buy. That ad does not make me want to go to kmart at all, now that office depot commercial with the dad singing and rolling down the isle on a cart gets my attention.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30   #86
pspez

I don't like it because it emulates (in my opinion) a gangsta rap culture that promotes a thug mentality. Tell me where I'm wrong.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:36   #87
hpracing007

Aren't they rapping about going to school? Thats not really gangsta/thug.

I didn't like their commercial but they aren't thugs, IMO
Old 08-15-2013, 07:42   #88
All Pro Sports Hero
Glock Star

For me the issue is a simple one. I've watched those ads several times. Each is intended to portray a lower grade school environment. Based on the totality of the ad content, from the behavior, to the clothes, the "language", the attitude, and all other cultural and/or environmental intangibles, I WOULD NEVER SEND MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD TO THAT SCHOOL.

That place is crytal clearly a dangerous influence, as well as, potentially physically dangerous and psychologically detrimental to a child of that age. Oh and then within this 'mob rules' environment, the few good apples are expected to acually learn something?

Ask yourselves, honestly, if you would send your own son or daughter to that prison yard for 7 hours a day without your own direct supervision.

Last edited by All Pro Sports Hero; 08-15-2013 at 10:06..
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48   #89
72Cheyenne

It's a racist commercial. There is only one white girl in the video "The bus is my limo".:D

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:54   #90
hpracing007

I went to a school much worst than that, we were banned from wearing certain color, kids were making weapons out of lexan to get by the metal detectors... Sometimes you don't get a choice. It didn't influence me, went on to a private university and there was just as much binge drinking, casual sex, drug use

And that was the biggest baptist university in the world were we had to take 6 hrs of religious classes and attend chapel and bible studies for 2 semesters. All those hymns that we sang along to didn't have any effect it seemed.

There are influences and problems everywhere and as much as some people want to blame it on rap music, (the anti gunners want to blame it on guns, feminist want to blame men) all it really takes is for some one to think for their damn self, which is quite opposite from what those here are doing.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:19   #91
cyphertext

Quote:
For me the issue is a simple one. I've watched those ads several times. Each is intended to portray a lower grade school environment. Based on totality of the ad content, from the behavior, to the clothes, the "language", the attitude, and all other cultural and/or environmental intangibles, I WOULD NEVER SEND MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD TO THAT SCHOOL.

That place is crytal clearly a dangerous influence, as well as, potentially physically dangerous and psychologically detrimental to a child of that age. Oh and then within this 'mob rules' environment, the few good apples are expected to acually learn something?

Ask yourselves, honestly, if you would send your own son or daughter to that prison yard for 7 hours a day without your own direct supervision.
What age group do you think they are portraying? I might very well send my son to that school... What are you seeing about the school in the video? Can you tell how it compares to other schools in standardized tests? Can you tell how it ranks against other schools in performance or pass fail rates? Only thing I can tell about the fictitious school from the video is that it appears to have a group of creative black kids. I see no other students, but I assume that there are more than the ones in this video, but have no way of knowing the social or economic makeup of the school population based on the video. Are you really saying that you wouldn't let your child go to a school based on a rap song about a bus ride and new clothes?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:25   #92
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Aren't they rapping about going to school? Thats not really gangsta/thug.
Yes, but they are BLACK and rapping so it's ghetto and they are thugs.

Never mind that there are literally thousands of rap songs that do not condone drug use, violence or sex. There are some that do, and since these kids are also rapping, they are emulating ghetto thugs!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:26   #93
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspez View Post
I don't like it because it emulates (in my opinion) a gangsta rap culture that promotes a thug mentality. Tell me where I'm wrong.
Go view their body of work and get back to me where the gangsta rap and thug culture come into play.

http://ynrichkids.com/
Old 08-15-2013, 08:59   #94
Joshhtn
Rastaman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
No blame at all .. Just stating a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Dude, you are ****ing banned.

Last edited by Joshhtn; 08-15-2013 at 09:01..
Old 08-15-2013, 10:16   #95
All Pro Sports Hero
Glock Star

Quote:
Only thing I can tell... is that it appears to have a group of creative black kids.
Christ, cypher, let's just agree that you and I are highly unlikely to see eye to eye on this one. We're miles apart. No blood, no foul my anonymous internet antagonist.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:49   #96
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

This thread is still going... LOL!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:56   #97
cyphertext

Quote:
Christ, cypher, let's just agree that you and I are highly unlikely to see eye to eye on this one. We're miles apart. No blood, no foul my anonymous internet antagonist.

Oh, come on...answer my questions about the school based on the video. Here, I'll cut and paste them here for you...

What are you seeing about the school in the video? Can you tell how it compares to other schools in standardized tests? Can you tell how it ranks against other schools in performance or pass fail rates?

Are you really saying that you wouldn't let your child go to a school based on a rap song about a bus ride and new clothes?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28   #98
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Thanks folks for setting him straight.
Old 08-15-2013, 13:57   #99
Green Dragoon

Quote:
Oh, come on...answer my questions about the school based on the video. Here, I'll cut and paste them here for you...

What are you seeing about the school in the video? Can you tell how it compares to other schools in standardized tests? Can you tell how it ranks against other schools in performance or pass fail rates?

Are you really saying that you wouldn't let your child go to a school based on a rap song about a bus ride and new clothes?
I'm with you on this.
Old 08-15-2013, 14:09   #100
Highspeedlane
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cheyenne View Post
It's a racist commercial. There is only one white girl in the video "The bus is my limo".:D

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
+1

The commercial lacks diversity and should be condemned by civil rights activists as being inherently unsupportive of our current state media controlled multi-ethnic indoctrination ethic.

Tags
kalishnakev