Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 13:56   #226
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyejack View Post
'Baby got backpack' is a real stretch as a reference to 'baby got back'? Really?
You really think she was talking about her butt? Yes, I think it is a stretch...
Old 08-19-2013, 13:58   #227
cyphertext

Quote:
Whatever you say, man. If you want your kids to walk around with their pants hanging off their asses, speaking like mildly retarded fifth-graders, more power to you.
Again, show me this action in this video...this thread is about this k-mart video, not rap in general. I don't see a single kid with their pants sagging in this video.

And for the record, my son hates hip hop, and club music. He likes rock and country.

Last edited by cyphertext; 08-19-2013 at 14:00..
Old 08-19-2013, 14:00   #228
1eyejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
That is a very broad brush...since you acknowledge that there are different types of hip hop and not all of it is gangsta rap, then how can you say that it is "devoid of anything positive", and "poisoning our society"? Would that include Christian hip hop, which is aimed at spreading the word of Jesus?
Yes, I acknowledged that there are different types of Hip-Hop... That appeal to different types of gangs. Nice catch. Tell me, what do those who speak for Christian religions think of Christian Hip-Hop? They probably think the same or worse that they thought of Stryper, back in the eighties.

Debating the cultural value of hip-hop is pointless. It doesn't have any.
Old 08-19-2013, 14:02   #229
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
Dude, you are clueless. Without a clue. No clues in sight. Wait, there's a clue... No, it's just more of your bull****.

How many drive-by's have occurred between rock stars, or their familiars? How many of them end up in prison for violent crimes? How many of them openly glorify and support a lifestyle of gang banging? How many of them write songs talking about shooting cops and/or glorifying and defending people who have done so? How many thugs in jail consider themselves rappers? How many of them listen to that crap, as opposed to every other type of music? How many forms of music have worked so hard at destroying our language? How many other forms of music have worked so hard to systematically objectify and cheapen women?

Hip-Hop is a cultural wasteland. It is where actual music from legitimate forms of the art get taken apart, their lyrics aped and there words butchered by talentless hacks, who themselves can't play an instrument or put to comprehensible sentences together, to form their own lyrics. It is garbage and it is a damned shame to see otherwise intelligent children drawn into its thrall.
If you say so, bud. You can continue to judge from the sideline, living in fear, while the world passes you by. I will continue to accept that there are ****stains in all walks of life, separate fantasy from reality and give the human race the opportunity to disappoint me on an individual basis.
Old 08-19-2013, 14:05   #230
1eyejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
If you say so, bud. You can continue to judge from the sideline, living in fear, while the world passes you by. I will continue to accept that there are ****stains in all walks of life, separate fantasy from reality and give the human race the opportunity to disappoint me on an individual basis.
Clueless.
Old 08-19-2013, 14:06   #231
Eric
Big Giant Head

Well, this has been productive.
- Roger Hodgson
Closed Thread

Tags
kalishnakev