Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-04-2013, 17:01   #1
kreimer

Okie's Memorial Service on 24 August

I am not very computer savvy, so I'm not sure where the best place is to post this. Maybe someone can repost it if ya'll want to.
There was a memorial service in Okie's hometown of Muskogee in early July.

Due to complications of family coming from overseas, there will be another service in Wichita, Kansas on August 24th at Country Acres Baptist Church located at 8810 W. 10th st. N., Wichita,Ks. 67212.
A light lunch will be served at 3pm. All are invited. The service is at 5pm.
Thank you all again for all the kind posts you have done on Mark's behalf.
We look forward to seeing any of you who can come.

Last edited by kreimer; 08-05-2013 at 21:44.. Reason: mistake
kreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 18:29   #2
RedTop

I am extremely sorry for your loss. Okie is greatly missed here as well. I wish I could make it.

I'm not sure what your situation is but please PM me if there is any type of fund I can contribute to in his honor.
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06   #3
kreimer

Okie Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTop View Post
I am extremely sorry for your loss. Okie is greatly missed here as well. I wish I could make it.

I'm not sure what your situation is but please PM me if there is any type of fund I can contribute to in his honor.
Thank you, so much for your kind offer. Actually I am so computer illiterate as to not know how to PM.
Our family is widely dispersed, and we had not considered any memorial fund. Could the leaders of GT do some kind of fund for the benefit of GT? I think Mark would have liked that. The renaming to Okie Corral was a very classy thing for Mark's sake too.
I see that a kind person highlighted, and colored my post about Mark's memorial service, and I thank whoever did that. I did not know where the most prominent posting place would be for that, but now it is also on Mark's FB.
As an idiot, I first put the date as July 24, but it has been corrected to AUGUST 24th

I'm sorry you cannot come to Mark's service Red Top, but I hope many of you can. We look forward to seeing you there.
If this is not posted where the leaders of GT will see it, please inform them.....whoever knows how.
kreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:52   #4
Road Dog

I will not be able to make it but I sure do miss Okie. Thanks for keeping us updated, you have my condolences.
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 14:42   #5
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I wish Wichita was a little closer to Hays as I'm not able to travel. Would have liked to be there.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44   #6
deputy tom

Thank you for posting. I can't attend in person but will be there in spirit. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:07   #7
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

I continue to pray for your family's loss. We loved Okie so much here, he will always be missed, God bless you.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:19   #8
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreimer View Post
Thank you, so much for your kind offer. Actually I am so computer illiterate as to not know how to PM.
Our family is widely dispersed, and we had not considered any memorial fund. Could the leaders of GT do some kind of fund for the benefit of GT? I think Mark would have liked that. The renaming to Okie Corral was a very classy thing for Mark's sake too.
I see that a kind person highlighted, and colored my post about Mark's memorial service, and I thank whoever did that. I did not know where the most prominent posting place would be for that, but now it is also on Mark's FB.
As an idiot, I first put the date as July 24, but it has been corrected to AUGUST 24th

I'm sorry you cannot come to Mark's service Red Top, but I hope many of you can. We look forward to seeing you there.
If this is not posted where the leaders of GT will see it, please inform them.....whoever knows how.
It's separated from the rest of the thread and stickied right on top of the Okie Corral, the most visible spot on GT.

BTW, I wrote back to you on FB. Thanks for letting us know, wish I could go.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:49   #9
happy seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
I will not be able to make it but I sure do miss Okie. Thanks for keeping us updated, you have my condolences.

I miss him as well. I wish I lived within 10 hours of Witchita because I would go to the service for sure.

Good luck Kreimer!

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"
happy seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 21:27   #10
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

WHAT ... okie ... dangit, I need to quit coming here, every time I log on after being away for awhile I learn I've lost another friend.

Damn it ... I'll miss reading your works, my friend.

Prayers to your family.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 13:45   #11
Buki192327

I am sorry I will not be able to make the trip from Ohio. Sure wish that I could. I never had the privilege of meeting Okie, in person, and I regret that. Okie, had a way of making you feel that you knew him, and were a real friend. I miss Okie, immensely.

RIP - Okie, you are missed my friend.

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 21:22   #12
M&P Shooter
PA Member

I will always miss you Okie
Old 08-17-2013, 13:38   #13
H&K .45 AUTO
10-42

I haven't been on glocktalk in the past several weeks as work, illness, and family have kept me away. I am truly saddened to log back in and learn that we have lost Okie. He has been one of the staple members of this community for some time, and I am clueless with regard to what has taken him from us. My deepest sympathies and condoleneces go out to his immediate circle of friends and family, and I can honestly say that a star has fallen from the sky among this community.
Old 08-17-2013, 19:39   #14
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K .45 AUTO View Post
I haven't been on glocktalk in the past several weeks as work, illness, and family have kept me away. I am truly saddened to log back in and learn that we have lost Okie. He has been one of the staple members of this community for some time, and I am clueless with regard to what has taken him from us. My deepest sympathies and condoleneces go out to his immediate circle of friends and family, and I can honestly say that a star has fallen from the sky among this community.
He had a blood clot in his leg that got loose and traveled to his heart as he was about to have surgery to prevent that from happening. Sad as that is, it was merciful for him as he was facing something far worse in the form of brain cancer.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 23:06   #15
sawgrass

Mark is dearly missed. Unfortunately I can't make it from MN but I think of him because of something that pops up just about every day.This place isn't the same without him.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21   #16
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

I did everything I could do, but am still unable to go to the Aug. 24th memorial with my current situation; however, I think the next, big GT get together should plan something in His honor. If anyone deserves/deserved it, Mark sure did.

To those that can make it Aug 24, please let us know how it was. Thank you.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-20-2013 at 09:22..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 13:52   #17
MooseJaw
CLM Number 37
NRA Lifer

Wish I could be there for you, Okie..

Rest in Peace, my Friend..
MooseJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 17:03   #18
paynter2
It ain't over

To Okie's family - sorry I couldn't be there today. It's just too far for me to travel.

I made a grilled cheese 'sammich' for lunch today. It's been years since I had one. I made it in Okie's honor. Okie would smile!

God bless you and your lost kin.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:12   #19
nursetim

Did anyone make it to the service?
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 20:11   #20
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

It's a shit sammich for sure if no one here showed up.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote