Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-01-2013, 16:12   #1
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

The Samurairabbi Center for the Study of the Subtle Nuances in Reality

This is;

"The Samurairabbi Center for the Study of the Subtle Nuances in Reality"

In honor and memory of Samurairabbi.

I figure this would be a great place to honor and remember our great friend Sammy "Don Katz" with our memories and everything of him as we should never forget him.

Not only does Sammy get his own high rise research facility... but he gets his own Penthouse at the top.

Enjoy, Sammy! Party on, Bro!!!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 17:51   #2
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Sammy was a really great guy and he was one of my best friends. He was easily my favorite here at GT, and he had the best sense of humor of anyone here. He was incredibly intelligent, smart, witty, funny, self deprecating, and had an imagination and way with words no one could rival.

Sammy called himself the "Dungeon Schmuck" because i "threw him" in the 10 Ring "dungeon" because he was not a 10 Ring member at the time and he was trying to lure 10 Ringers away to the "Big Dogs" .45 ACP caliber club and he was also "stealing money" (all imaginary, of course) from The 10 Ring. Anyway, my being the pres of the club, i used to call him all sorts of names and put him into all sorts of virtual situations to punish him. At one point i even had him handing out mints as the attendant in The 10 Ring's main restroom... and Sammy went along with it and played the part to the hilt. Eventually Sammy bought himself a 10mm Glock 20 and so became a full member of The 10 Ring with all rights and privileges... and so i let him out out of dungeon and set him free. But, Sammy liked playing the schtick so he just kept on with it... and the schmuck stuck.

Da' Rabbi was my right hand man. I don't think anyone knew it, but we used to coordinate some of our posting antics behind the scenes (sometimes even over the telephone) just to try to make things even more fun for everybody.

I highly recommend everyone read the "8:40PM" thread in "The 10 Ring" 10mm caliber club. It just might be the longest running thread in history on the internet... not just GlockTalk... and i never made it a "Sticky"... i never needed to... it was always at the top on its own and that is testament to how great it really is... although, i think i just may make it a Sticky now... in memory and honor of Sammy... as the 8:40PM thread is as great as it is because of Sammy.

The 8:40PM thread is essentially a "live" continuously running "story book" written by all those that participated in it, and could be made into a movie.

No one really knows who started the 8:40PM thread. As far as anyone knows it started with some sort of a GT computer processor glitch that somehow put the time in the subject field and "skevlar"s name in the time field. For some reason now it has "wabash"s name as the thread starter. At any rate, the thread started with a whole bunch of confusion... and since the bunch of us in The 10 Ring already had a bunch of antics going throughout various threads in The 10 Ring, we just automatically decided to flow all our antics through this "8:40PM" thread. Now, i think i should also note for the record that since 8:40 is double "4:20" some people might think "pot" has something to do with the "8:40". I can tell you that pot has nothing to do with it. The thread is just pure humor and imagination and is a wonderful place to "get away", relax, and have fun. My hope is that you all might join in if for nothing else than to honor and remember our most wonderful friend who will live on forever not just in Heaven, but as one of the great spirits of the 8:40PM thread.

Brooks W. Speier

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 08-01-2013, 18:05   #3
MinervaDoe

We are talking about him, not just because of his passing, but because often SamuraiRabbi said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I'm on it.

Alex Karras died a few months back. When we lost him, we sorta lost Mongo.
The same goes for losing the rabbi.

Quote:
Hey, I just generate doubletalk on this thread. OTHERS get to INTERPRET it!
A self described Delphian Oracle, his contributions will be sorely missed. Nobody could parse together a string of superlatives like the Rabbi.

Quote:
It turns out that THIS year, we experienced particularly intensive loads of raucous inebriated debauched revelry, surreptitious embezzlement, and submitting grant applications to finance our scholarly research. Such activities, of course, clearly supercede mundane items like April Fool's gags.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:07   #4
MinervaDoe

... and just when I thought I'd said it all, I found this.....

Quote:
You forgot to mention my modesty.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 21:55   #5
Hondo341

Isn't it always people like him that leave this earth WAY too early.
Hondo341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:05   #6
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo341 View Post
Isn't it always people like him that leave this earth WAY too early.
Yeah... maybe we should be mad at him. After all, he did abandon us! Then again, if he died of a health issue, we could blame Obama, ObamaCare, and all those who wanted it... yeah... yeah... that's the ticket!

Brooks W. Speier

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:33   #7
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

The "Dungeon Schmuck" didn't always drink, but when he did he drank "N-Sweat!

Save a place for us! Remember "No one gets out alive"
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24   #8
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I always enjoyed the beginning of a meeting where the penthouse faithful were addressed as follows: Attention drunken 10ringers (pardon my redundancy), always brought a smile to my somewhat numbed lips

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 20:45   #9
Taterhead
Counting Beans

A special, special character Don was. samurairabbi kept you close to your thesaurus. Loved his use of 50 cent words and sense of wit that was all his own.

Hopefully life is good in that great penthouse in the sky! We'll miss you samurairabbi!
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 21:22   #10
Taterhead
Counting Beans

I am late getting the news. I was away on a trip to the Idaho backcountry. Coincidentally, this pic of my trusty G20 was taken high in an Idaho mountain range called the White Clouds the day that this thread was born.

Cheers samurairabbi!

Click image for larger version

Name:	G20 Boulder Chain Lakes (800x600).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	235150

Last edited by Taterhead; 08-13-2013 at 21:55..
Old 09-14-2013, 20:43   #11
VN350X10

You all realize that Da'Rabbi would be charging an admission fee to come in her, since his name is on it...

Prolly even have it copyrighted too !

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 21:22   #12
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
You all realize that Da'Rabbi would be charging an admission fee to come in her, since his name is on it...

Prolly even have it copyrighted too !

uncle
Yep, but he's so crafty that we probably don't even realize the small withdrawals from our ledgers.
Old 09-18-2013, 21:29   #13
VN350X10

True that....and I haven't looked closely recently either. Methinks I must look into this possibility A.S.A.P.

Now just where did I leave TARDIS ? Cloaking device is acting up again...
Old 09-19-2013, 18:30   #14
VN350X10

Some of my balance seems to have "evaporated".......

engineer151515, to the computer room STAT !!!
Old 09-19-2013, 21:23   #15
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Dr. Who 50th Anniversary show is announced...
http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/doct...pecial-poster/

They may require TARDIS back!

Last edited by _The_Shadow; 09-19-2013 at 21:24..
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 18:20   #16
VN350X10

Might be a problem there, since I'm having a hard time keeping track of it right now, what with the cloaking device acting up again. If I can't find it where I PARKED it.....