Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:26   #1
randr1979

Werfast and our licenses - this is gonna get worse before it gets better

Apparently, werfast (the railroaded courier service company handling delivery of all firearm licenses) is trying to make even more money by building its own network of people to deliver the licenses.

Instead of using LBC (like they used to) or other established courier companies they are now offering any tom, dick, or harry who is willing to play messenger to deliver the licenses, paying about a tenth (at times even less) of the P250 fee they are charging for metro manila licenses.

Expect licenses to take longer to reach you, and I imagine more instances of 'lost in the mail' incidents.

how can we petition that at the very least this be reviewed by someone who has the authority to do something about it?

Last edited by randr1979; 07-24-2013 at 17:52..
randr1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49   #2
cebuboy
toy soldier

What's wrong with Philpost? Mails arrive regularly through the post...
Old 07-25-2013, 09:33   #3
randr1979

using philpost does not result in any money for cpnp or his family, that's what's wrong with it. werfast charges P250 to deliver a license card to people in metro manila, more for provincial addresses.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:44   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

I read in a forum that a WerFast provincial office was a full time beauty parlor!

Kalerki!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 15:31   #5
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Unfortunately, PNP-FEO is well within its authority to designate an approved,
'secure' courier service for something as sensitive as firearms license cards.
It's a lot like the issue of approved contractors for vehicle emissions testing,
or for the drug-testing administered for renewing drivers' licenses.

Obsecenely lucrative contracts are signed between a licensing .gov agency
and some very lucky contractors. So long as selection (via bidding or direct
negotiation) is aboveboard, we're SOL. After all, someone who would file a
protest seeking to negate existing contracts might be accused as fronting
for a rival contractor.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 19:12   #6
CatsMeow

I'm sick and tired of coming home to my apartment in the evening and the guard telling me "Wala pa, sir" (None yet, sir). As per the instructions I left an authorization for the guard to receive my licenses.... that was 19 June yet. WER-SLOW, that's what they are!!!

To top it all, PTTs (Permits to transport) are highly restricted, I was told at Armscor that they had to refund the payments for the applications for three-month PTTs as they were not acted upon. PTT for test-firing? No dice. Only PTTs for sanctioned matches are granted.

Count your blessings, our American brods...
Old 07-29-2013, 22:32   #7
ahtsay

My birthday is coming up and I've been hoping they have a fix for Werfast delivery. The people who thought of this system is a genius! They turned a legitimate/believable reason into a money making scheme. Of course they don't really care if the license card is actually delivered or not, they already have your money. Kanino ka magrereklamo??? Do you have an alternative option? They have you monopolized, and you can't avoid it. Looks like they pulled a Werfast one in front of our noses. hehehe!! Sana mag IPO sila, I would like to buy shares of Werfast.

As for PTTs, I have not been able to practice because of it. I am hesitating to get a PTC because of the long lines for NBI clearance. In my 7 years shooting, I have never acquired a PTC. First of all I'm a competitive shooter, I don't enjoy the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Does that mean I would have to invent a "grave threat" reason needed for the PTC just so that I can practice? It doesn't make sense. They are increasing regulation for people that are already regulated anyways. For the mean time, loose firearms used in crime remains a problem. I guess money is easier to acquire from law abiding citizens than criminals. Frustratingly stupid!
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:17   #8
Allegra

werfast IPO? you like buying into monopolies
Buffetologist?
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 23:48   #9
randr1979

in some places werfast satellite offices are also ukayukay stores...basically anybody who wants in on this business is welcome as long as you are connected to the owners somehow.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:00   #10
asian_glockster
Hook Up!!!!!!!!

Akala ko kasi modern na tayo, Pag mag renew sana tayo ng license online na lang sana at magbayad sa banko at ipadala na lang nila via werfast yung license card natin. Pero hindi!!! Magbabayad pa tayo ng bond, notaryo, gun safety seminar (???), etc.
asian_glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:35   #11
941f

Good pm sirs. Here's my experience sa Werfast courier. I renewed two pistols and they gave me the tracking number. Isa lang license ang dumating sa bahay. I checked the tracking number online and as per record - 2 lic were delivered.
It took me a lot of follow up calls to werfast hotline. The first license was delivered after 4 weeks from renewal. The 2nd lic was delivered after another 4 weeks.
Akala ko nawala na.
941f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 15:24   #12
randr1979

sa calabarzon werfast is operated by a bakery naman.
Old 08-14-2013, 23:42   #13
stanship

Anyone who has contact number of this outfit? I've been waiting for my license for the past two months now.
Thanks.
stanship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:27   #14
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanship View Post
Anyone who has contact number of this outfit? I've been waiting for my license for the past two months now.
Thanks.
It's 477-9917. Be very patient as sometimes your call goes unanswered. In my case I finally got through, only to find out that FEO hadn't forwarded my cards to them. I went to Crame this morning and straightened it out, short story, my papers had vanished into thin air but not before my license was inputed in the computer, so to expedite things I paid the fee for the printing. The ladies there were very helpful. Hopefully next week my cards will be delivered.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:45   #15
CatsMeow

Update: when I arrived home last night, my cards were waiting for me. At last. At long last.

However, this rather drawn-out ordeal has caused me to decide that if ever I have to move again to another home, it will only be come license renewal time, in my rifle's case January next year, that I will have the addresses amended.

Now let's see if I can get a PTT. I can shoot anytime I want at Armscor, but using rental guns simply won't compare to using my own; besides I haven't even fired my new rifle build, one (1) year after it was put together.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36   #16
cebuboy
toy soldier

You can always get yourself transferred back here...
Old 03-20-2014, 00:22   #17
norman9X

On a sudden turn of events

PNP drops Werfast as gun license courier

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/focus/03/...icense-courier
norman9X is offline   Reply With Quote