GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 15:25   #1
MSims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
Should i buy this bakelite Ak47 mag?

Well i can only find these mags for $50 with shipping... Worth to buy it... Or not... They say comes excellant to new condition
General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 16:19   #2
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
If you're a collector and want an ishevsk marked mag, then go for it. If you're a shooter, you can get two, three or four for the same price.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 16:55   #3
VA27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: usa
Posts: 1,554
I have one for my red bakelite Polytech sidefolder. It was in a big box of AK mags at the LGS. 20 bux out the door. If I needed one I'd probably pay $40.
__________________
The United States already has a national gun policy. It's called the Second Amendment.

The NRA is my union.
VA27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 17:55   #4
CarlosC
I love guns!
 
CarlosC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: TX
Posts: 4,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If you're a collector and want an ishevsk marked mag, then go for it. If you're a shooter, you can get two, three or four for the same price.
I agree...if you are a true collector, or planning on being one, and need that version, then go for it. If you're planning on being a collector of AK mags however, I would warn you that collecting AK mags is like trying to collect one of every version of AKs ever made.
__________________
Pittsburgh Steelers fan till the day I die, and then some.
CarlosC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 18:02   #5
MSims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
honestly im not doing it for the collectors value of it cause im gonna use it and shoot it and im not that rich to become a collector anf buy every variant of an ak and mags and bayonet cause i would if i was well off... Just like the mag and think it looks cool and is it worth the price as a shooter...
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 00:33   #6
CarlosC
I love guns!
 
CarlosC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: TX
Posts: 4,244
In that case, no. Buy the surplus steel mags.
__________________
Pittsburgh Steelers fan till the day I die, and then some.
CarlosC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:59   #7
blueshot3
Senior Member
 
blueshot3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake co. FL
Posts: 1,437


Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
honestly im not doing it for the collectors value of it cause im gonna use it and shoot it and im not that rich to become a collector anf buy every variant of an ak and mags and bayonet cause i would if i was well off... Just like the mag and think it looks cool and is it worth the price as a shooter...
hey buy what you like just know there is better deals
__________________
Posted by siri please ignore spelling and grammar

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and last time I hit a man with a horseshoe he just got pissed.
Iím # 3333
blueshot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 13:25   #8
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts
 
Brian Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Up a tree.
Posts: 7,941
Bakelite is about the oldest, cheapest, and crappiest excuse for plastic (polymer in GT speak) in the modern world. Since you want it for shooting rather than collecting, I'd steer clear and get one made out of almost anything but Bakelite. It's weak & brittle crap compared to what's been invented in the past 50 years or so.
Brian Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50   #9
MSims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lee View Post
Bakelite is about the oldest, cheapest, and crappiest excuse for plastic (polymer in GT speak) in the modern world. Since you want it for shooting rather than collecting, I'd steer clear and get one made out of almost anything but Bakelite. It's weak & brittle crap compared to what's been invented in the past 50 years or so.
I tried looking all over online about it being brittle and breaking and all ive seen are they are real strong...
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:46.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,213
380 Members
833 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31