Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2013, 19:58   #1
Idontplaynice

If a friend of yours attended a rally for TM

How would it affect your relationship with that friend?

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Idontplaynice; 07-14-2013 at 21:39..
Idontplaynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:00   #2
Kevinr20

I'd think they have no ability to think for themselves and would tell them so; most likely starting an argument that would result in us not talking for a long time.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:03   #3
Bruce M

I would want to know why and how they had made the conclusions they had come to.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:04   #4
Tiro Fijo

Write off.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:04   #5
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

I don't keep stupid people as friends.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:05   #6
countrygun

A "friend" of mine???? You're kidding, right?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:15   #7
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

I know a few TM sympathizers who are still on the "he's a racist" kick. I told them to turn off MSNBC, remove their head from their *****, and when they gain a comprehension level above a 4th grader's, I'll introduce them to the Florida self defense statutes. I also ask for any evidence supporting the racist claims, which causes them to shut up.
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:25   #8
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Trucker View Post
I know a few TM sympathizers who are still on the "he's a racist" kick. I told them to turn off MSNBC, remove their head from their *****, and when they gain a comprehension level above a 4th grader's, I'll introduce them to the Florida self defense statutes. I also ask for any evidence supporting the racist claims, which causes them to shut up.
I had the same thots with a cousin of mine back in '95 with the OJ "trial". He still prattles on about O.J.s' "innocense",so even in the rare occasions I do see him, I never bring the subject up.

Fla's self defence statutes that the kangroos trashed at every turn. The scumbags tried every slimey trick and lie they could use and, WHOOOOOOOOOOOPS! The jury relied on common sense. Dang it all anyway!!! No "justice" for thug wanabes who get shot commiting attempted murder.

Gray_Rider
Old 07-14-2013, 20:26   #9
JMS

I think the silence in the black community about black on black crime is telling. Where's the outrage? Where's the marches and protests? I'd love to see the statistics for Chicago for example, how many of those killed in the last year were white?

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:44   #10
F350

I don't have stupid friends; if he is that stupid it would have come out in other situations and we would have parted long ago.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:47   #11
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

This trial is the new intelligence test. Attending a rally for TM, means you failed the test.

Has this ******* country gone absolutely off its rocker?
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:52   #12
hpracing007

Wouldn't change my opinion of them, since they are the same ones who voted for Obama twice. I can look past politics, but can understand those who wouldn't, which was how I used to be.
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 20:52   #13
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

I have many friends with whom I strongly disagree about many things. That's fine. I don't need everyone to see the world as I do, I'm not Michael Bloomberg.
Old 07-14-2013, 21:00   #14
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
I don't keep stupid people as friends.
Yep. Same here.
Old 07-14-2013, 21:09   #15

My liberal sister would probably go to a TM rally if there was one here.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:10   #16
BEER
bad example

3 questions before i pass judgement.

why?

who?

to what end?

depending on the answers to those 3 questions would i base my continued friendship with such a person.

Last edited by BEER; 07-15-2013 at 08:09..
BEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:11   #17
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
I have many friends with whom I strongly disagree about many things. That's fine. I don't need everyone to see the world as I do, I'm not Michael Bloomberg.
I have had many friends of many different persuasions, many different opinions, but core values have always been similar.

Supporting a thug who committed assault when he had the option of calling the police speaks to core values.
Old 07-14-2013, 21:22   #18
sigman69

kicked to the curb...
Old 07-14-2013, 21:24   #19
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I have had many friends of many different persuasions, many different opinions, but core values have always been similar.

Supporting a thug who committed assault when he had the option of calling the police speaks to core values.
To put it another way, I had a friend in high-school who died in a drunk driving accident. That he committed a criminal act was not in dispute. That his death was his own fault was not in dispute. That if things had gone differently he might have killed an innocent person was not in dispute. I still attended his memorial. I did PLENTY of dumb-feces at seventeen, some of it criminal. I survived by the grace of God, not any merit of mine. When a seventeen year old's mistake kills him, he has no opportunity to change course and become a decent man. I can understand simply seeing that as a tragedy, without condoning the young man's action. I certainly would not discard an otherwise good friend because they saw it that way.
Old 07-14-2013, 21:27   #20
M2 Carbine

No way would I have a "friend" that is that much of a blind fool.

So it's not possible that I'd be calling such a person "friend" in the first place.

Every day I remove cat turds from the litter box.
IMO those turds have more value to humanity than someone that would attend a rally for that dead punk.

Last edited by M2 Carbine; 07-14-2013 at 21:30..
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:28   #21
HollowHead
Firm member

GZ and TM made equally stupid decisions. One was as right as the other was wrong, so it's a wash. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:34   #22
silentpoet

I have a cousin who posted to facebook something like "oh no..." after the verdict was announced. But she is a little bit special so I tolerate her.
silentpoet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:41   #23
vart

Quote:
To put it another way, I had a friend in high-school who died in a drunk driving accident. That he committed a criminal act was not in dispute. That his death was his own fault was not in dispute. That if things had gone differently he might have killed an innocent person was not in dispute. I still attended his memorial. I did PLENTY of dumb-feces at seventeen, some of it criminal. I survived by the grace of God, not any merit of mine. When a seventeen year old's mistake kills him, he has no opportunity to change course and become a decent man. I can understand simply seeing that as a tragedy, without condoning the young man's action. I certainly would not discard an otherwise good friend because they saw it that way.
I get your point and can sympathize with it. However, there is a difference in attending a memorial for a teen that died doing something stupid and attending a rally meant to make a racial/political point.

Had I know TM, I would have gone to his memorial, but would not go to a rally supporting his stupidity...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 21:50   #24
countrygun

Quote:
Was there a rally your friends attending that blamed the tree your friend hit and calling for it to be cut down for killing your friend ?
Old 07-14-2013, 21:56   #25
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Wouldn't change my opinion of them, since they are the same ones who voted for Obama twice. I can look past politics, but can understand those who wouldn't, which was how I used to be.
Life is short; why waste any of it???
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote