SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 00:51   #1
Glockumollie

guilty or not, why?

well, he got a clean sweep, he is free. was he guilty of taking a mans life? of course. did he get away with murder? manslaughter? or was he inside the law when he killed the man? To be honest I never have wanted more to try to learn the facts of a homicide case and come out with my own objective yet accurate conclusion. I really don't know, I can"t even be sure for that matter honestly who was screaming help. Was there a reasonable doubt he was not guilty? I'd say yes for sure there was a reasonable doubt. But I'm just as sure he was a jerk for ever playing patrol agent. That's the kind of junk that gives us concealed firearm carrier's a bad rap. If he had gone to a movie that night I don't think anything worth anyone dying over would have happened in that complex. That has got to be the right answer. Right? then why not?

Last edited by Glockumollie; 07-14-2013 at 00:57.. Reason: composition
Old 07-14-2013, 01:55   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockumollie View Post
If he had gone to a movie that night I don't think anything worth anyone dying over would have happened in that complex. That has got to be the right answer. Right? then why not?
Problems with dealing with the facts?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:06   #3
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Not.

If you can't figure out why, nothing I could ever say will help you.

Good luck to you!
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Old 07-14-2013, 09:31   #4
fran m

Both were guilty of profiling each other. Trevon thought he could beat up the doughy Zimmerman. Zimmerman thought that because of previous crimes in the community that Martin was a criminal.

Both made poor assumptions.

I believe it was Zimmerman screaming for help. From Zimmerman's injuries, it appears he was getting his butt handed to him. If you are doing the tuning, why scream for help?

Regardless, this situation does nothing to improve race relation in the U.S.

I believe that Zimmerman lawfully defended himself. I also believe that he interjected himself in the situation and now has to live with it for the rest of his life. Both parties could have done something different, anything probably, and the outcome would have been different.

Shame Trevon didn't call police to say that he was being followed.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:05   #5
AZson

I have a strange felling Holder is going to take his swing at him for civil-rights violations.
Old 07-14-2013, 14:29   #6
Bigpoppie50

You can believe it or not, We do not get away with anything I used to have that shallow type of thinking believing I could get away with this or that just because I could lie my way out or someone did not see me do such and such but as I have gotten older I can see how the laws of nature always balances things out and sometimes you do not see it but the laws of nature are still at work.
Old 07-14-2013, 15:39   #7
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Did you post this in how-to to avoid getting lit-up like a Christmas tree in the (several) existing threads in the Okie corral?
Old 07-14-2013, 17:38   #8
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran m View Post
Seems to me that Zimmerman assumed that the community belonged to the decent people living there. Martin assumed it belonged to the local thugs.

Quote:
Shame Trevon didn't call police to say that he was being followed.
That ain't the thug lifestyle.
Old 07-14-2013, 18:07   #9
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Both were guilty of profiling each other. Trevon thought he could beat up the doughy Zimmerman. Zimmerman thought that because of previous crimes in the community that Martin was a criminal.

Not the least bit true.

T-Ray was indeed a textbook definition of a criminal, with illegal drugs in his bloodstream at the time of his death. He also freely posted--both on Facebook and Twitter--a litany of his illegal behaviors, and his solicitations for others to join in his criminal activities. Further, it can be inferred that his final act of assault and battery cost him his life, since the jury needed to have believed said crime of assault and battery had occurred in order to reach a verdict of not guilty.

How on Earth is a 100% correct assumption "poor"?
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Old 07-14-2013, 18:56   #10
fran m

It is not inferred that the assault and battery cost Treyvon his life. That is what cause the shooting. I believe that Treyvon bought into being a thug and as a thug decided to commit the assault. The girl he was talking with on the phone may have even told him to attack Zimmerman. I saw some of her testimony but not all.

The weed in his system seems to be given in the thug culture. Black, white or whatever. The weed itself does not mean that a person will commit other crime.

I was not aware of the Twitter and Facebook post.
Old 07-14-2013, 19:01   #11
fran m

I agree that the right verdict was reached also.

The special prosecutor said that race had nothing to do with the event last night in an interview I saw. Justice will now be after him after declining when the state brought charges. Shame he is not out of the woods yet.
Old 07-14-2013, 19:05   #12
fran m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
Not the least bit true.

T-Ray was indeed a textbook definition of a criminal, with illegal drugs in his bloodstream at the time of his death. He also freely posted--both on Facebook and Twitter--a litany of his illegal behaviors, and his solicitations for others to join in his criminal activities. Further, it can be inferred that his final act of assault and battery cost him his life, since the jury needed to have believed said crime of assault and battery had occurred in order to reach a verdict of not guilty.

How on Earth is a 100% correct assumption "poor"?
The thing to me is that he didn't do anything that Zimmerman saw that night that was suspicious or criminal. Zimmerman was reporting to police a person walking that was doing nothing other than that.
Old 07-14-2013, 19:16   #13
tnhawk

Quote:
.....Shame Trevon didn't call police to say that he was being followed.
Thugs don't usually call the police
Old 07-14-2013, 19:34   #14
GaGlock01

Quote:
The thing to me is that he didn't do anything that Zimmerman saw that night that was suspicious or criminal. Zimmerman was reporting to police a person walking that was doing nothing other than that.
They had tons of break ins and why Zimmerman was on "patrol". I bet if a bunch of break ins occurred in your neighborhood and you found someone out of place you would call the police, if not stop and ask them questions.

I can't believe how many people are complaining about the Zimmerman NOT GUILTY verdict.

Please keep in mind Baskin Robbins sells 31 flavors for a reason. No one is going to agree on everything all the time..

Also keep in mind the police cleared Zimmerman and did not charge him because he was not wrong. The police are not in business to let people that commit criminal acts go, especially when it involves a wrongful death / murder.

Then the police chief was fired when this case came to light because he did not believe Zimmerman did anything wrong, he took it to the DA and thy said no thanks. Then the new chief took it to the states attorney (DA) to paper the case again, and they said no again.

After all of that, and more public, political pressure, and Obama dumb statement (if I had a son he would look like Travon), they brought in a special federal DA to paper the case and fight it with piss and vinegar, and they lost.

What more could you ask for?

I don't see how they can charge him with anything more, he was taken to trail, and they lost. Double jeopardy would have to protect him.

If you feel he is guilty and got away with murder, then you should be happy knowing that he will be broke from the pending civil case.

Last edited by GaGlock01; 07-14-2013 at 19:38..
Old 07-14-2013, 19:44   #15
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
ain't no one

Posted in the "General How-To Help Forum"

Quote:
This for is a place to ask general how-to questions about the functions of this site. This is the place to ask for help with an avatar or how to modify your sig line, etc.
Guess Glockumollie wanted to expand on that definition.
Old 07-14-2013, 20:46   #16
doglett386

If some drugged up thug was bashing my head into the ground, he would have gotten more than one lead bullet in his thug body.
Old 07-14-2013, 20:48   #17
doglett386

Quote:
Ashtray was seen roaming around looking into windows. That would make me suspicious when there had been a rash of home break-ins in the area.
Old 07-14-2013, 22:36   #18
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Nonsense. He called the non-emergency number because a young male was walking around--that he (Zimmerman) did not recognize (again Zimmerman was part of the neighborhood watch)--in the dark and in the rain, in a way that led Zimmerman to believe he may be high on drugs. T-Ray also fit the general description of the burglars who had recently been plaguing the community; a community for which Zimmerman was part of the watch. All of which Zimmerman communicated to the person who answered the NEN.

Now Zimmerman could have been wrong, and in a normal world (the world in which I grew up) the older man, or even woman, would have challenged the young stranger's presence, and perhaps found that it was a young man just there to visit his dad, or perhaps new to the neighborhood, and maybe he wasn't quite sure which townhouse was his dad's because it was dark, and rainy. In the normal world, the neighbor says 'oh, you mean ____'s house... he's three houses from the far end of that block of townhouses I'll walk with you to it', and the young stranger says 'thanks' and goes home to his dad. No punches thrown, not even an angry word exchanged, just a new acquaintance made and everybody home safely.

Instead, Zimmerman's instinct was right on the money, and unfortunately the young thugsta felt the need to 'keeps it real' and did the thugsta dance of his so-called "culture". A dance that ended with him dead in the wet grass. What a pathetic loser way to die.

In the normal world, in which I grew up, all kids--especially teenaged boys--knew they were subject to being challenged 24/7/365 to state their identity, reason for their presence, and to generally give account of themselves to any and all adults they encountered. The inmates were not allowed to run the asylum when/where I grew up.

A great many of my hometown elders were WWII, Korea, and even a few newly returned Vietnam vets, a thugsta could have tried to throw a punch at one of them, but I suspect it would not have gone well for the piece of filth. And the women were even tougher in their own way: having known sacrifice and heartbreak up-close-and-personal, they didn't **** around when it came to defending their own. To quote the inimitable Mr. T, "I pity the fool!" As an added bonus we made it plain that God himself had gifted us with plenty of logging chains and beaver swamps, so vermin entered our community strictly at their own risk.

And of course because of that sound policy, we didn't have roving packs of feral animals doping, selling dope, thieving, thugging, and killing each other over absurd things like gang turf. We children could run and play, and even ride our bikes to the town beach without being murdered for wearing the wrong gang color. Our worst case scenario would be that one of our neighbors might yell at us for stomping around too much in their hayfield.

But then the leftist liberal pigs came along, and from high in their ivory towers they decreed that normal people shall not have the right to decide that having vermin in their midst is unacceptable. Everyone is supposed to crawl under a rock and let the T-Rays of the world decide how much of a beating we are to receive.

So I guess we will see how the world goes from here. The T-Rays of the world just might want to keep on "keepin' it realz". My advice to them would be to bring more than Skittles and their pathetic fists.

I'll try to keep on doing my part by teaching people how to properly defend themselves.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:39   #19
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Nothing to say fran m?
Old 07-17-2013, 18:36   #20
Glockumollie

Oldschool64, Since my first visit here I made it clear i was a dino that could neither type or compose written content worth a squat. I'm blessed to be much much better with firearms than computers. Frankly I'm surprised I got the thread started at all and am quite impressed with the quantity of responses though not as excited with the quality. The thesis of my thread was a very primary question. He was aquitted, was that right or wrong? and tell me why? and what is your verdict? People go on and on with long diotribes about things that really don't even apply to the questions I asked. OH WELL! Hey, how do you like that big word diotribes. I'm quite sure I slaughtered the spelling on my big word, Dang! think i'll go shoot some air pistol. See ya!

Closed Thread

Tags
not guilty, right or wrong?, verdict