Old 07-13-2013, 00:19   #1
ronduke

What is going on with Lakeland (FL) PD?

Florida police officers embroiled in sex scandal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...x-scandal.html
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 00:47   #2
countrygun

Sexual indescression is nothing new and we have a more active media to keep us informed but I don't understand why anybody today should be surprised. Over the last 30 years or so the rules have changed. A large part of our population think that police officers should be "De militarized" After all their job isn't special. These silly CUBO rules, the idea that they are never off duty, the idea that they should some how separate themselves from the ever changing morals and values, or lack thereof, is old fashioned and Passé . It is not only unfair to the officers to expect them to maintain a higher moral standard, it makes them feel some how superior to their neighbors and the marvelous, but misunderstood, individuals who's attempts to turn their lives around are often interrupted by some contact with the police that derails their efforts by incarceration.

We no longer demand better behavior than we would expect from a bartender or a guy working at the car wash.

Why are we supposed to be surprised when they act like the rest of the society, I thought that was what we wanted them to do ?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 14:05   #3
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Not sure what to think on this one... I can't honestly say she was a hundred percent innocent or unwilling in every single one of the encounters... we'll have to see the full investigation play out.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 16:00   #4
steveksux
Massive Member

Prosecutor is pissed because he wasn't on the list.

Once she's gone through a dozen or so officers, coerced is going to be a hard sell to a jury, I would think. Define coerced... cajoled, or pestered until she relented? Then relented = consensual in my book. If it was threatened, or more pressure than that, obviously a different story.

If she's just going for sexual harassment rather than criminal charges, she's way better off, while the groping charges will be hard to corroborate, sexting pics of your junk ought to be easy to document.

And sex on duty I would think is against policies and procedures most likely, so those guys are going to be in trouble either way.

I'm amazed her husband is standing by her after she's been banging a dozen or so other guys. $50 bucks he's the kind, forgiving husband... until she wins a big settlement, then divorces her butt and takes a big chunk of that change as community property.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 17:21   #5
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

"The investigation revealed an extraordinary amount of sexual conduct that was committed both on-duty and off-duty..."

I think Sue likes to spread it around.

On a side note... I didn't know you 'commit' sexual conduct. I always thought it was something you 'engaged in'.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 17:23   #6
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post

On a side note... I didn't know you 'commit' sexual conduct. I always thought it was something you 'engaged in'.

Never met my Ex, did you ?
Old 07-14-2013, 20:23   #7
Pepper45

Sounds like she's a bit of a whore that wasn't pleased she couldn't sleep her way all the way to the top. JMNSHWAG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Pepper45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 16:51   #8
A6Gator

Quote:
"The investigation revealed an extraordinary amount of sexual conduct that was committed both on-duty and off-duty..."

Maybe she was trying to spice up a slow day...
Old 07-15-2013, 18:05   #9
countrygun

Quote:

Community policing ?
Old 07-15-2013, 18:10   #10
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

same story for decades, just covered more by the state run media.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 20:54   #11
CAcop

We have a non sworn employee that has done on average one a year. That is with a couple of long term relationships thrown in there. She just got married after dating one of our guys for about a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 20:58   #12
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
We have a non sworn employee that has done on average one a year. That is with a couple of long term relationships thrown in there. She just got married after dating one of our guys for about a year.

Lemme guess... dispatcher or records clerk?

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was not an explorer... not that I haven't heard of that before.

Last edited by lawman800; 07-15-2013 at 20:58..
Old 07-15-2013, 22:50   #13
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Lemme guess... dispatcher or records clerk?

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was not an explorer... not that I haven't heard of that before.
CSO.

I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 07-15-2013, 23:26   #14
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

You guys have CSO's? Not a very common position in a lot of municipal places. We had them but called them "cadets" which are basically adult explorers and wrote parking tickets for the most part.
Old 07-15-2013, 23:40   #15
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53   #16
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
You guys have CSO's? Not a very common position in a lot of municipal places. We had them but called them "cadets" which are basically adult explorers and wrote parking tickets for the most part.
We used to have a dozen. Around 10% of the department. Now we have half that at best. They used to take our cold paper, now they write muni code tickets in our politically sensitive areas the local politicians want the voluntary homeless to stay away from or at the very least not urinate in front of a certain jewelry store.
Old 07-16-2013, 19:59   #17
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Awesome!

I was JUST thinking of this song when I was reading the article.

Sounds like that's an interesting place to work ...
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 20:46   #18
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Umm I would pass on her charms.. She pegged my skankho meter...
Old 07-16-2013, 23:31   #19
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam

So she says the evil badge and gun weilding cops "coerced" her into sex, dozens of times, with dozens of people? Well what about the firefighter and the non sworn employees? Did they "coerce" her too? How did any of them force her to lie to her husband and make excuses about where she was going? How did they keep her from speaking up if she didn't want to do it? Uh huh.

I'm willing to bet husband caught her and was going to leave her, so she fanricated this elaborate story to gain sympathy.

She's a badge bunny and everyone found out about it.
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
S.O.Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04   #20
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
You could look at it as analogous to a database transaction.

You can perform a ton of different database operations and perform a rollback, and no database change will have occurred - but once you commit, you've committed.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 07-17-2013 at 12:05..
void * is offline   Reply With Quote