SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:15   #101
Atlas
transmogrifier

No! Please, no!

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:18   #102
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Aaah, that really sucs. RIP Mr. Mayor. You will be missed.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21   #103
Baba Louie

The World is a better place for your passing thru it Mark.

R.I.P.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:22   #104
E-2-E
Long Trail

Sad news, RIP Okie
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
E-2-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:25   #105
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlDane View Post
Okie was one of a kind, GT will never be the same. RIP Mark.
Agreed.

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:27   #106
podwich

Well, crap.

We'll miss ya, Okie.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32   #107
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Rest in peace Okie. Okie was always there for everyone, Glocktalk's mayor. I looked forward to his posts because he was so genuine, always comforting anyone that went through life's difficult times. He was a truly positive influence on this place where we gather after work, during work for some of us. Okie you will be missed. The lover of people, dogs, 1911's and Alf.

Steve
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:42   #108
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

This news really made me cry , ,,

Last edited by Geeorge; 07-09-2013 at 04:42..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:49   #109
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

So long, my friend. I'm glad to have known you.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:00   #110
walt cowan

let us go and cross the jordan and once there, rest beneath the shade of the trees.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:02   #111
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsnet View Post
Rest in peace Okie. Okie was always there for everyone, Glocktalk's mayor. I looked forward to his posts because he was so genuine, always comforting anyone that went through life's difficult times. He was a truly positive influence on this place where we gather after work, during work for some of us. Okie you will be missed. The lover of people, dogs, 1911's and Alf.

Steve
Okie was also GT's leading authority on classic rock. He will be missed, my friend.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:04   #112
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

OMG...

RIP Okie... You were one of a kind.

Thoughts and prayers to your loved ones.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06   #113
mrmedina
NRA Member

To Okie's(Mark) family, my sincerest regrets. I reach out with the hope of healing. RIP Mayor!

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:08   #114
digitspaw
RIP 08/95~09/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
He didn't post great revelations, he wasn't a genious, he didn't make a lot of money or change the world. He just had a kind heart, and it showed in his posts. He had a kind and encouraging word for everyone.
Take it from one who spent a week with him in a cabin on a cruise ship. A more accurate description couldn't be written by G-d himself.
It was an awkward and humbling honor when Mark claimed me as his best friend and I remember getting phone calls seeking mentorship on various matters of the heart over the years. He was one who needed a little coaxing at times but I ran down many a cell phone battery.

I will look for and post (if we can still post pics) a pic of Okie sleeping onboard the ship and he is NOT in camo. This is a pic he asked me not to post until after he passed. I teased and threaten him with it for years.

Eulogy:
Mark was the epitome of unconditional love. A kind, polite man with manners that would shame a nun. That said, he did have his own demons and there are a couple of folks that still frequent this board who will have to reconcile on the "other side" for the way they treated Mark circa 2007ish.
You will never again need to avoid him or feel embarrassed in his presence but you still suck for being so stuck up.

He really wanted to get out of Muskogee and move to Vegas but the employment opportunities were just not here for him and the cost of living made it not possible even with the lodging offers and options I gave him. There was talk of getting in one more cruise vacation, but it looks like time won.
Mark had few close friends and when he felt "wronged", it really cut him deeply. I got an earful of some of his deepest personal feelings and it saddened me when he felt slighted.
You'd never know it though. Not a word in public. That was the "Way of the Okie".

FWIW, he was very afraid. Personally, I think he was also relieved in his own way. He became kind of reclusive with me lately. I feel just a little ripped off that I didn't get to say goodbye but at least we said "I love you" in earnest at the end of each conversation. Not "okay, luv ya man" but..."I love you". Different. Know whadda mean, Vern?

To Mark:
"Don't RIP, bro'. Cut it up. You are free now. I will notify Golden Corral. I hope the pocket watch still keeps good time. Thanks for being my best man. Thanks for being muh friend, brutha.
Yes, of course you can play with Digit and Minnie. I'll see you again, Slim. Don't worry about me. My face will dry out in a couple of days. Now I can post that picture. Right?
I love you."

Paw

BTW:
It wasn't the tumor that killed Mark. It was the blood clot in his leg that freed up during the surgery procedure he was undergoing to have it filtered so this very thing wouldn't happen. He died as he was being anesthetized.

Paw

Last edited by digitspaw; 07-09-2013 at 06:04.. Reason: spleling adn grams
digitspaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:09   #115
Cclass
CLM Number 16
Charter Lifetime Member

Rest in peace Mark you will be missed. Very nice gesture to rename GNG to The Okie Corral. Well done Eric.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:10   #116
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Truly sad news,.............
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:15   #117
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

Always a kind word. Always a smile to read his stories. He will be missed.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24   #118
pac201

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitspaw View Post
Take it from one who spent a week with him in a cabin on a cruise ship. A more accurate description couldn't be written by G-d himself.
It was an awkward and humbling honor when Mark claimed me as his best friend and I remember getting phone calls seeking mentorship on various matters of the heart over the years. He was one who needed a little coaxing at times but I ran down many a cell phone battery.

I will look for and post (if we can still post pics) a pic of Okie sleeping onboard the ship and he is NOT in camo. This is a pic he asked me not to post until after he passed. I teased and threaten him with it for years.

Eulogy:
Mark was the epitome of unconditional love. A kind, polite man with manners that would shame a nun. That said, he did have his own demons and there are a couple of folks that still frequent this board who will have to reconcile on the "other side" for the way they treated Mark circa 2007ish.
You will never again need to avoid him or feel embarrassed in his presence but you still suck for being so stuck up.

He really wanted to get out of Muskogee and move to Vegas but the employment opportunities were just not here for him and the cost of living made it not possible even with the lodging offers and options I gave him. There was talk of getting in one more cruise vacation, but it looks like time won.
Mark had few close friends and when he felt "wronged", it really cut him deeply. I got an earful of some of deepest personal feelings and it saddened me when he felt slighted.
You'd never know it though. Not a word in public. That was the was of the Okie.

FWIW, he was very afraid. Personally, I think he was also relieved in his own way. He became kind of reclusive with me lately. I feel just a little ripped off that I didn't get to say goodbye but at least we said "I love you" in earnest at the end of each conversation. Not "okay, luv ya man" but..."I love you". Different. Know whadda mean, Vern?

To Mark:
"Don't RIP, bro'. Cut it up. You are free now. I will notify Golden Corral. I hope the pocket watch still keeps good time. Thanks for being my best man. Thanks for being muh friend, brutha.
Yes, of course you can play with Digit and Minnie. I'll see you again, Slim. Don't worry about me. My face will dry out in a couple of days. Now I can post that picture. Right? I love you."

Paw

Dang screen...

EGO mos nunquam alieno.
pac201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24   #119
GLWyandotte
Señor Member

RIP Okie, you'll be missed.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:25   #120
dotsun
conf t

This is so unexpected. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dotsun is offline   Reply With Quote