Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-11-2013, 19:17   #1
frank4570
Feral human

A little good news in spite of the Zimmerman trial.

I moved here about 15 years ago. I am out in the country, I came from the city. One of the first things that happened when I moved here was I called a local store to get something. The guy picked up the phone and continued his conversation with somebody else before he started talking to me. What he said to the other person was the most racist thing I had heard in my life. And I have heard a lot more racist things from the local old timers since I moved here. If I was black, I would have left. But things are changing.
I was sitting in my building in town today. I was facing through the front window at an extreme angle, so I could only see a sliver of glass. There is a black beauty salon next door, and some of the locals were hanging out front smoking and chatting. Very normal.
I looked up for a second, and saw a gun. It was a buffed nickle looking thing with white grips. Maybe a taurus 9mm. It was in a black nylon holster with a thumb break. And this black guy was open carrying this flashy thing right out on main street.
He wasn't doing any kind of protest, he was just hanging out, talking to his friends about motorcycles, with a gun on his hip.
I was pretty impressed, and very pleased. Nobody cared much, and no police came flying up with their sirens screaming. Not long ago, the locals would have acted very differently.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt

Last edited by frank4570; 07-11-2013 at 19:18..
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 19:39   #2
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

That's impressive...
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 19:45   #3
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

"Lose that nickle-plated sissy pistol, and get yerself a Glock" .....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 19:46   #4
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

So you saw a homie accidentally showing off his concealed nickel plated gat, and didn't call the police? What kind of white person are you?
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 19:49   #5
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
"Lose that nickle-plated sissy pistol, and get yerself a Glock" .....

YES. Thanks tommy lee lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 07-11-2013, 19:54   #6
Detectorist

Cool story.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 19:59   #7
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I moved here about 15 years ago. I am out in the country, I came from the city. One of the first things that happened when I moved here was I called a local store to get something. The guy picked up the phone and continued his conversation with somebody else before he started talking to me. What he said to the other person was the most racist thing I had heard in my life. And I have heard a lot more racist things from the local old timers since I moved here. If I was black, I would have left. But things are changing.
I was sitting in my building in town today. I was facing through the front window at an extreme angle, so I could only see a sliver of glass. There is a black beauty salon next door, and some of the locals were hanging out front smoking and chatting. Very normal.
I looked up for a second, and saw a gun. It was a buffed nickle looking thing with white grips. Maybe a taurus 9mm. It was in a black nylon holster with a thumb break. And this black guy was open carrying this flashy thing right out on main street.
He wasn't doing any kind of protest, he was just hanging out, talking to his friends about motorcycles, with a gun on his hip.
I was pretty impressed, and very pleased. Nobody cared much, and no police came flying up with their sirens screaming. Not long ago, the locals would have acted very differently.

The man can open carry and thereby has the right to do so. He is as lawfully (and morally) right to be able to defend his life and family as the next person, and is following the law. I see no reason that any law abiding black citizen should be denied the RCBA.

I have read that some of the Confederacy's best sharpshooters (snipers) were black, and many blacks served armed positions throughout the war on both sides.

Times change, but the reasons things were done differently in the past has no bearing on today. Different times, different laws, different world.

Gray_Rider
Old 07-11-2013, 20:07   #8
JohnLloydScharf
Unregistered

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnLloydScharf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
So you saw a homie accidentally showing off his concealed nickel plated gat, and didn't call the police? What kind of white person are you?
He said he is from "out in the country." Everyone is a "homie" out there, even if they are pigmentally challenged. If it is not broken; we rednecks don't fix it. It is not concealed if he is showing it to others. If they don't screw with your horses, your pick-up, or your dog, leave them alone.

[B]The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay. Cogito, ergo armatus sum. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who shall guard the guardians? Born, raised, and spent most of my life in the Round-Up Capital of the World, Pendleton, Oregon... Where men are men and sheep aren't scared.
JohnLloydScharf is offline   Reply With Quote