SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-06-2013, 22:24   #1
Keeplokd

Howdy from Western NY State

I'm not sure if I got around to posting an intro before, so here goes -

I'm a big Glock fan. Have been for at least 15+yrs when I bought my first - a Gen 2 Model 30 ("Baby"). She has been a constant companion and source of comfort since. She is well cared for and has 2 Alessi leather holsters (a belt slide and an IWB), and 2 Alessi mag pouches (a single and a double), depending upon use and concealability.

My second Glock, a Gen 3 Model 23 (no name yet), came to me when I won a raffle and decided to take store credit. I drove to Erie, PA, to pick something out. There she was - marked "used", sitting in the case looking like she really wanted to go home with me. I did a field strip and armorers examination and determined her to be nearly new. The story checked out. Then I spotted an Advantage Arms conversion for .22lr rounds. I got a deal on the pair and the conversion went home with me while the 23 was mailed to my dealer. She enjoys a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for now. Haven't picked out suitable leather for her yet.

My third Glock, a Gen 3 Model 27 ("Lil' Bit"), hasn't arrived home yet. I purchased her the other day (at a great price for a new piece!) and have been working since, so I haven't had the opportunity to have her put on my permit yet. She comes home Monday afternoon.

I've started riding my bicycle and walking for exercise lately and have been carrying the 30 mostly. But the 27 would be a better fit for these activities. I'm in a rural area and we have dogs, coyotes, black bear, and the infrequent 2-legged predator to possibly contend with.

Ok, enough rambling. Off to bed. Great site folks!
Keeplokd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36   #2
mymini40

welcome to the forum!
mymini40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:51   #3
Upstate Glocker

Your 27 is the perfect outdoor gun for anywhere in Upstate NY. Its my carry along trails in the finger lakes/southern tier and the Adirondacks. The chances of a bear encounter in NY are virtually nil unless you are camping with food improperly stored; I do not recall any bear-human encounters in NY in many years since the black bears we have are small and avoid humans. Everything else the 27 is more than enough gun. The 2-legged threat is probably greater than 4-legged since there are meth labs and weed farms in many of the rural counties, although unlike in CA and other states they are not on state-owned land. All in all upstate NY offers great outdoor rec opportunities, although the 27 will give you that nice sense of security.

Since you are a shooter in NY, I hope you are a member of SCOPE and NYS Rifle & Pistol. They are fighting a death match with Cuomo and the NYC politicians over the SAFE Act and other atrocities in the hopper like microstamping, tougher permit rules, etc. Anyone who cares about the future of the 2A in NY needs to join and contribute at the highest level they can.
Upstate Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:12   #4
bac1023

Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:38   #5
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 17:46   #6
Keeplokd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Glocker View Post
Your 27 is the perfect outdoor gun for anywhere in Upstate NY. Its my carry along trails in the finger lakes/southern tier and the Adirondacks. The chances of a bear encounter in NY are virtually nil unless you are camping with food improperly stored; I do not recall any bear-human encounters in NY in many years since the black bears we have are small and avoid humans. Everything else the 27 is more than enough gun. The 2-legged threat is probably greater than 4-legged since there are meth labs and weed farms in many of the rural counties, although unlike in CA and other states they are not on state-owned land. All in all upstate NY offers great outdoor rec opportunities, although the 27 will give you that nice sense of security.

Since you are a shooter in NY, I hope you are a member of SCOPE and NYS Rifle & Pistol. They are fighting a death match with Cuomo and the NYC politicians over the SAFE Act and other atrocities in the hopper like microstamping, tougher permit rules, etc. Anyone who cares about the future of the 2A in NY needs to join and contribute at the highest level they can.
Thanks all. And Upstate Glocker - I am a member of Scope, but not yet of NYS Rifle and Pistol. I've been a NYS permit holder since 1997 and hold non-res permits for Utah and Pennsy. Also a member at Front Sight (who isn't, right?).
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26   #7
greatwun

Send a message via AIM to greatwun
Welcome to the boards!
greatwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14   #8
Keeplokd

And if anyone near Genesee Co. is in need of a Glock certified armorer, I'm re-certifying next month. I'm also expecting to receive a rear sight press any day now. I do this for sh&ts and giggles - not money. If I do anything to a Glock, I'll also do the yearly PM check on it too (as suggested by Glock).
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47   #9
pipedreams

Enjoy GT....................

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16   #10
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 14:24   #11
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeplokd View Post
Thanks all. And Upstate Glocker - I am a member of Scope, but not yet of NYS Rifle and Pistol. I've been a NYS permit holder since 1997 and hold non-res permits for Utah and Pennsy. Also a member at Front Sight (who isn't, right?).
Cool.

I'm not a member of Front Sight, but I am a member of both SCOPE and NYSRPA.

Also a member of the NRA, of course
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 14:32   #12
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Welcome to GT.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 15:40   #13
Kichigai
気違い Was Mr30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeplokd View Post
I'm not sure if I got around to posting an intro before, so here goes -

I'm a big Glock fan. Have been for at least 15+yrs when I bought my first - a Gen 2 Model 30 ("Baby"). She has been a constant companion and source of comfort since. She is well cared for and has 2 Alessi leather holsters (a belt slide and an IWB), and 2 Alessi mag pouches (a single and a double), depending upon use and concealability.

My second Glock, a Gen 3 Model 23 (no name yet), came to me when I won a raffle and decided to take store credit. I drove to Erie, PA, to pick something out. There she was - marked "used", sitting in the case looking like she really wanted to go home with me. I did a field strip and armorers examination and determined her to be nearly new. The story checked out. Then I spotted an Advantage Arms conversion for .22lr rounds. I got a deal on the pair and the conversion went home with me while the 23 was mailed to my dealer. She enjoys a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for now. Haven't picked out suitable leather for her yet.

My third Glock, a Gen 3 Model 27 ("Lil' Bit"), hasn't arrived home yet. I purchased her the other day (at a great price for a new piece!) and have been working since, so I haven't had the opportunity to have her put on my permit yet. She comes home Monday afternoon.

I've started riding my bicycle and walking for exercise lately and have been carrying the 30 mostly. But the 27 would be a better fit for these activities. I'm in a rural area and we have dogs, coyotes, black bear, and the infrequent 2-legged predator to possibly contend with.

Ok, enough rambling. Off to bed. Great site folks!
welcome sorry to hear you live with the nanny
Kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 16:07   #14
Sigobsessed

Welcome aboard from a fellow member locked behind the iron curtain in the people's republic of ny. I live in Monroe county so we are neighbors hope to see you around sometime.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09   #15
oily_oink
###########

From Michigan!