GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05   #121
WD8T
Senior Member
 
WD8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 434
I see the point of a trigger block for carry. It's like the folks who have to wear the hockey helmet all the time to keep themselves safe from being injured. In this case the trigger block keeps everyone safe from someone with a finger that wanders to the trigger every time they touch the gun.

I've been carrying a Glock since the late 90's without a problem. I attribute that to having some common sense about how I carry and keeping my finger off the trigger.

If someone feels the need for a trigger block then they probably need to have one and this design seems to be a good one. Actually I'd like to see one that determines a persons IQ before it disengages.

Last edited by WD8T; 11-17-2013 at 10:09..
WD8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 16:14   #122
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 9,091
If I was that worried about not having a safety, I'd carry a gun with a thumb safety. The beauty of the Glock is not having to disengage a manual safety in order to fire the gun.

This device is just another thing to fumble with. It's a solution searching for a problem. It's a nice design but in my view it's unnecessary.

The sad thing is there are people that will buy it simply because somebody is selling it and they must have every accessory on the market. Practical or not.

No thanks. Keeping my finger off of the trigger works fine for me.

__________________
When you finish speaking, don't forget to wipe.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 16:53   #123
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
PhotoFeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,825
Blog Entries: 2
Is the primary objection to the trigger block the perceived danger of installing it behind the trigger? Or is it the risk associated with pushing it out of the way in the event its necessary to shoot in SD
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 17:16   #124
tonyparson
Senior Member
 
tonyparson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dayton, TN.
Posts: 5,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Is the primary objection to the trigger block the perceived danger of installing it behind the trigger? Or is it the risk associated with pushing it out of the way in the event its necessary to shoot in SD
Both!!!
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.......
Thomas Jefferson
tonyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 17:47   #125
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
PhotoFeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,825
Blog Entries: 2
Snapping that little block in place behind the trigger doesn't seem like such a risky thing to do.

Pushing the block out under combat stress does seem potentially problematic. Snicking off a manual safety seems like a much better arrangement.

In non-combat situations, like 99.999% of everyday life, the block is probably safer than not having a factory-installed safety.

I guess it could be argued that the safety block is not a good thing in combat, but it does have redeeming quality for non-combat use. In other words, if you want to be prepared for attack, don't equip your Glock with a safety block. If you are comfortable that attack is highly unlikely, the block may provide comfort.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 18:54   #126
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
If I was that worried about not having a safety, I'd carry a gun with a thumb safety. The beauty of the Glock is not having to disengage a manual safety in order to fire the gun.

This device is just another thing to fumble with. It's a solution searching for a problem. It's a nice design but in my view it's unnecessary.

The sad thing is there are people that will buy it simply because somebody is selling it and they must have every accessory on the market. Practical or not.

No thanks. Keeping my finger off of the trigger works fine for me.

Bingo.

Completely dumb IMO to buy a gun with no external manual safety and then put one (or something similar) on the gun. There are plenty of polymer guns that have manual safeties.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 20:21   #127
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
PhotoFeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,825
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Bingo.

[Not advisable] to buy a gun with no external manual safety and then put one (or something similar) on the gun. There are plenty of polymer guns that have manual safeties.
Most of us can probably agree with this.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 20:47   #128
NAS T MAG
Senior Member
 
NAS T MAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 1,729
From the Glock manual.
"The pistol can only be fired by deliberately pressing the trigger (26). To do this the trigger
finger must actuate the trigger safety. Discharge of a shot by off-centre, sideways pressure on the
trigger is impossible."

And that's why all my Glocks have a Siderlock.

And don't even get me started about the morons who have no lasers on their EDC guns.
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,032
279 Members
753 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31