GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:05   #121
WD8T

I see the point of a trigger block for carry. It's like the folks who have to wear the hockey helmet all the time to keep themselves safe from being injured. In this case the trigger block keeps everyone safe from someone with a finger that wanders to the trigger every time they touch the gun.

I've been carrying a Glock since the late 90's without a problem. I attribute that to having some common sense about how I carry and keeping my finger off the trigger.

If someone feels the need for a trigger block then they probably need to have one and this design seems to be a good one. Actually I'd like to see one that determines a persons IQ before it disengages.

Last edited by WD8T; 11-17-2013 at 10:09..
WD8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 16:14   #122
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

If I was that worried about not having a safety, I'd carry a gun with a thumb safety. The beauty of the Glock is not having to disengage a manual safety in order to fire the gun.

This device is just another thing to fumble with. It's a solution searching for a problem. It's a nice design but in my view it's unnecessary.

The sad thing is there are people that will buy it simply because somebody is selling it and they must have every accessory on the market. Practical or not.

No thanks. Keeping my finger off of the trigger works fine for me.

Old 11-17-2013, 16:53   #123
PhotoFeller

Is the primary objection to the trigger block the perceived danger of installing it behind the trigger? Or is it the risk associated with pushing it out of the way in the event its necessary to shoot in SD
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 17:16   #124
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Is the primary objection to the trigger block the perceived danger of installing it behind the trigger? Or is it the risk associated with pushing it out of the way in the event its necessary to shoot in SD
Both!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 17:47   #125
PhotoFeller

Snapping that little block in place behind the trigger doesn't seem like such a risky thing to do.

Pushing the block out under combat stress does seem potentially problematic. Snicking off a manual safety seems like a much better arrangement.

In non-combat situations, like 99.999% of everyday life, the block is probably safer than not having a factory-installed safety.

I guess it could be argued that the safety block is not a good thing in combat, but it does have redeeming quality for non-combat use. In other words, if you want to be prepared for attack, don't equip your Glock with a safety block. If you are comfortable that attack is highly unlikely, the block may provide comfort.
Old 11-17-2013, 18:54   #126
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
If I was that worried about not having a safety, I'd carry a gun with a thumb safety. The beauty of the Glock is not having to disengage a manual safety in order to fire the gun.

This device is just another thing to fumble with. It's a solution searching for a problem. It's a nice design but in my view it's unnecessary.

The sad thing is there are people that will buy it simply because somebody is selling it and they must have every accessory on the market. Practical or not.

No thanks. Keeping my finger off of the trigger works fine for me.

Bingo.

Completely dumb IMO to buy a gun with no external manual safety and then put one (or something similar) on the gun. There are plenty of polymer guns that have manual safeties.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 20:21   #127
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Bingo.

[Not advisable] to buy a gun with no external manual safety and then put one (or something similar) on the gun. There are plenty of polymer guns that have manual safeties.
Most of us can probably agree with this.
Old 11-17-2013, 20:47   #128
NAS T MAG

From the Glock manual.
"The pistol can only be fired by deliberately pressing the trigger (26). To do this the trigger
finger must actuate the trigger safety. Discharge of a shot by off-centre, sideways pressure on the
trigger is impossible."

And that's why all my Glocks have a Siderlock.

And don't even get me started about the morons who have no lasers on their EDC guns.
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote