Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:54   #1
AL Bundy's Dodge

NY1 trigger vs. NY2

i prefer to shoot revolvers, but have decided a G26 would be better weapon to carry, when Illinois finally gets its ccw act together.

even though i am a revolver guy, i feel that a glock is more durable and tolerant of things like lint and dirt. i feel that a glock is simpler to clean, maintain and to replace parts on. after almost falling in my uncles pond while pulling a boat from the water, carrying a sp101, i came to this decision, lol

anyway, i decided to install the NY1 trigger so as to try and get my soon to be carry piece more in line with a revolver trigger, which i personally feel is safer than a standard glock trigger because of the longer trigger pull.

i installed the NY1 trigger and I am surprised that it isn't much different than the stock set up. i do like its feel better and will stick with it.

however, i find myself wondering if i should have gone with the NY2 spring. i have read that the NY2 spring is too heavy, actually hurting accuracy.

for the record, i feel a ruger sp101 trigger is too heavy and i also feel that a ruger lcr has the finest handgun trigger made. i shoot my lcr much more accurately than my sp101.

anyone have any input?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
AL Bundy's Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:18   #2
Dave.1

When I switched from my S&W model 60 to an auto pistol I did the same thing. NY1 trigger.

Since you're used to the revolver trigger, I don't think the NY2 would actually be a problem for you when it comes to accuracy provided your grip is strong. Remember, you don't have the weight of the SP 101 to work for you.

After a few years, I've switched to a stock trigger on my carry Glock. Mostly auto pistols of some kind is all I shoot and I found if I loaned my pistol to people at the range they had problems with the heavier NY1 trigger.

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:12   #3
BBMW

Other than maybe doing the DIY buff and fluff (aka the $.25 trigger job), what else does a glock trigger REALLY need? It's not like it's heavy out of the box.
BBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 14:03   #4
joeboxer22

I run a ny1 in my g26 g4 and have tried a ny2. The ny2 I think is less safe in that the trigger will be so heavy you may not hit what you need to should you ever have to use the weapon in self defense.
joeboxer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 15:58   #5
Frank V

I use the NY1 trigger & haven't found it to be a problem. I have never used a NY2 trigger though so can't comment on it.
Old 06-30-2013, 16:43   #6
barth
six barrels

I started out on revolvers.
But all mine have tuned actions and light triggers.
I tried a NY1 with the standard connector in my gen 3 Glock G27.
Believe this is how Mas Ayoob likes to run his G30.
I could shoot with it, but it felt a bit heavy for me.
Added a Glock OEM "-" connector to the NY1 - and for me that's perfect.

I can't recall anyone running a NY2.
I'm thinking it's heavy as hell.

The NY1 and NY2 springs are stupid cheap and crazy easy to swap in and out.

Recommend you get both and try them for yourself.
That's really the only way.

Last edited by barth; 06-30-2013 at 16:46..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 17:28   #7
AL Bundy's Dodge

the more i dry fire with the NY1, the more i like it.

that first 3/8" of travel is still easy enough to pull that it doesn't throw the sights off target. also, the break seems crisper then the stock spring.

Old 06-30-2013, 19:44   #8
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Bundy's Dodge View Post
the more i dry fire with the NY1, the more i like it.

that first 3/8" of travel is still easy enough to pull that it doesn't throw the sights off target. also, the break seems crisper then the stock spring.

You will likely find the NY1 affords a more positive reset as well.
Adding the NY1 is a fine starting point.
Get to the range and try it out.
It's definitely shoot-able in that configuration.

If it's good enough for Mas...

Good Luck and enjoy your Glock!

Last edited by barth; 06-30-2013 at 19:45..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 20:12   #9
igor

like yu i cAme up on revolvers till 1988. my dept switched to 9mm berettas, so i went to a auto for off duty. enter all my glocks i have ythe ny1 in all of them and really like it .
i tried a friends ny2 and it sucks. i can see now why nypd shot so many folks when they were trying to hit a guy with a 45 shooting at them.
stay with teh ny1 and you will be happy
Old 06-30-2013, 20:47   #10
DannyR

The NY trigger pull is not longer, just heavier. Stock is about 5.5#, NY1 around 8# and NY2 around 11#. All have the same 1/2in pull distance. All have the same 1/8in short trigger reset.

Some folks combine the NY1 with a "-" connector to provide a steady 6# pull that is very much like a revolver.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 20:49   #11
DannyR

I might add I've carried a subcompact Glock, standard trigger, in a Galco horsehide pocket holster since 1997 and have no bullet holes in my legs.
Bull Dawg #1

DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 20:58   #12
SargeMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank V View Post
I use the NY1 trigger & haven't found it to be a problem. I have never used a NY2 trigger though so can't comment on it.
Same here. I also can tell you that when the fat's in the fire that NY1 trigger isn't even noticeable. If you can shoot, you can shoot and you'll do OK with whatever you're packing.

PS- if you're being a retard, don't expect a reply.
SargeMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:27   #13
cadillacguns

I use NY-1 in all of mine, prefer them that way.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 17:31   #14
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

NY1 trigger vs. NY2

I have tried NY1 with stock connector, NY1 with minus connector, NY2 with stock connector, NY2 with minus connector.

I have the NY1 with stock connector in all my carry guns.
I have one G17 with NY2 and minus connector.
I have a couple floating around with stock everything.

My 'pinions:

Stock: it works fine but is not my favorite.

NY1 and stock connector: Pull is heavier than stock but not too much IMO. Reset seems much more positive and I like the feel better.

NY1 and minus connector: about the same feel to the pull weight as stock. Better reset.

NY2 and stock connector: really heavy trigger. Ridiculous.

NY2 and minus connector: feels about the same as the NY1 and stock connector. Maybe a bit heavier.

It's only a couple bucks for the parts to try out the combos.

That's all I have.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 07-01-2013 at 17:33..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 18:34   #15
AL Bundy's Dodge

nice post hk&loving it.

before i order one, i guess ill ask, does anyone actually use and like the NY2 tigger?

ive never heard a good thing about them, but i just cant seem to let it go....

Old 07-03-2013, 22:00   #16
4Rules

Quote:
before i order one, i guess ill ask, does anyone actually use and like the NY2 tigger? ive never heard a good thing about them, but i just cant seem to let it go....
The NYPD does.

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/24...an-police-say/

NYPD confirms: All bystanders in Empire State attack hit by police bullets
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...e-bullets?lite

Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justic...state-shooting

Mayor Bloomberg Downplays NYPD Alleged Shooting of Citizens
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:31   #17
Eric2340
Infidel :)

I have ran a NY1 in all my Glocks (around 13 or so this far) for the past 20 years or so.

I initially started doing it for the added protection against liability of using a gun with a lighter (meaning the stock setup) trigger for fear of God forbid ever being in a SD situation, and the added courtroom drama sure to follow with a good attorney on the other side. I have since decided this probably is BS, and would not matter in the end anyway. :(

I then discovered the flaw in the older designed Glock trigger bars, and their tendency (now pay close attention to the next two words --->) "POSSIBLE TENDANCY" to break the stock coil springs. I then continued to use the NY1 to eliminate this POSSIBILITY (NOT "certainty") and make the Glock as close to 100% reliable as humanly possible. Well, we all know nothing is 100% certain aside from death and taxes, so this is debatable too. That, and the redesign of the newer factory trigger bars is supposed to help eliminate this POSSIBILITY from ever happening. I can't speak from experience, never had one break, don't have a gun with the new trigger bar in it (yet).

ALL that said I then for some God awful reason decided if a little was good, then a LOT had to be better. WRONG!! :( I tried the NY2 for a brief while in both a G27 and my G21. If you are considering this, go punch yourself in the crotch for a while, you will accomplish more and have the same basic feeling about your performance. It was a disaster in the G27 (accuracy wise, NOT reliability - still rock solid there!) and it's added smaller size and increased recoil over a 9mm G26 in the same size gun did NOT help at all! I would have been better off throwing the gun at the bad guy than shooting him with it!!! I tried it in the G21 for a while with mixed results and in the end finally decided it was just too much and returned to the NY1.

I then started playing with the old 3.5 connector when I got my G35 and the NY1 combo and finally found this to be the happy medium I could live with. Do NOT get me wrong, this set up is NOT for everyone (that and again the fact they have redesigned the trigger bars to protect the trigger coil springs). Most would still be better served with the stock trigger setup and it IS easier to shoot the Glock better with, but you can also find a way to live with the NY1 & 3.5 connector (now a "4.5" connector is what they are calling it I believe???) IF you work at it. Probably more so if you are already used to shooting either a double action only gun, or a small hammerless revolver that can not be cocked into single action (like the classic S&W J frame Centennials) and only fired in double action mode.

I have NO doubt one can shoot the standard trigger better and easier than with any combo and the NY1, and even better with the standard trigger spring and the 3.5 connector - Lord knows I had a G34 like this and it shot like a DREAM! I also switched it over too eventually to the NY1 and 3.5 connector and it could still shoot the hair off of a gnat's n*ts at distance too.

I highly recommend if you have a desire for whatever reason to run the NY1 you do two things -

1. LEARN TO KEEP YOUR FINGER OUT OF THE TRIGGER GUARD UNTIL READY TO FIRE!!! (As you should already with ANY gun, much less a Glock period ) - also known as "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until ready to go!!!" as I teach my boys.

2. Run it with the 3.5 connector to help smooth and lighten it up a little at least if you're going to do it.

Again, it's not the end all to be all, but it DOES work for some, and SOME (like me ) prefer it. It IS manageable and LEARNABLE.

Hope this helps -
Old 07-04-2013, 05:20   #18
AL Bundy's Dodge

to the last two posters, you made me laugh so hard i had to explain to my wife what i was laughing about! good stuff

Old 07-04-2013, 07:06   #19
Eric2340
Infidel :)

Quote:
to the last two posters, you made me laugh so hard i had to explain to my wife what i was laughing about! good stuff

Well thanks I guess?

I certainly hope it was my description/language, and not my content then ?

Old 07-04-2013, 08:19   #20
AL Bundy's Dodge

lol, the part that was funny was when you described your experiences trying the ny2. hilarious