GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 09:43   #1251
jim goose
"The Goose"
 
jim goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL, MO.
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJim View Post

It is a proven fact that neighborhoods with community watch programs suffer less problems than those without. Crooks love it when residents turn a blind eye to strange people/activity.
Where did I say I am against Neighborhood watches?

This issue is about having an idiot provide the service and killing a kid who was welcome in the subdivision.

Last edited by jim goose; 06-30-2013 at 09:48..
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:47   #1252
jim goose
"The Goose"
 
jim goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL, MO.
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
He was not acting as a neighborhood watchmen the night of the incident. He was on his way out of the community, carrying his personally owned firearm and noticed suspicious behavior.

He was doing something every one of us should do on a daily basis, looking for things that don't belong so we can contact the authorities. He did that, and in the process got attacked and defended himself.

All the evidence supports this, and if you don't see this, you are very naive.


Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
If you do this and don;t carry a 5 million dollar bond, then you are very naive.
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:48   #1253
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
Where did I say I am against Neighborhood watches?

This issue is about having an idiot provide the service.
You talked about not knowing the legalities of neighborhood watch, which implies that you believe there may be some ILlegalities of neighborhood watch.

Every post you make you dig yourself a deeper hole of ignorance. You've shown - repeatedly - that you have no grasp on the facts of this case or anything resembling common sense, so forgive me if I take your assessment of Zimmerman as an "idiot" with a freakin' salt-lick-sized grain of salt....

...especially since the PROFESSIONAL NW coordinator that works for the police department sang his praises for the work he was doing, as a witness for the PROSECUTION.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:52   #1254
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues
 
aircarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 24,322


The Goose is a DU activist.

We're wasting our time. He's here to disseminate propaganda.

.
__________________
They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55   #1255
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
If you do this and don;t carry a 5 million dollar bond, then you are very naive.
This would have helped Zimmerman how, exactly?

Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:57   #1256
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
The Goose is a DU activist.

We're wasting our time. He's here to disseminate propaganda.
If that's the case, he's going to run into a small problem of most folks in this thread knowing the facts of the case.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05   #1257
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,233
What we have here is a good illustration why jury selection is so important if justice is to be served.

Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06   #1258
jim goose
"The Goose"
 
jim goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL, MO.
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
You talked about not knowing the legalities of neighborhood watch, which implies that you believe there may be some ILlegalities of neighborhood watch.

Every post you make you dig yourself a deeper hole of ignorance. You've shown - repeatedly - that you have no grasp on the facts of this case or anything resembling common sense, so forgive me if I take your assessment of Zimmerman as an "idiot" with a freakin' salt-lick-sized grain of salt....

...especially since the PROFESSIONAL NW coordinator that works for the police department sang his praises for the work he was doing, as a witness for the PROSECUTION.

I'm not trying to prove anything to you.. We've heard from Zimmerman, but we will never hear from Martin. Based on that fact, If you do not think that Zimmermans actions deserve any scrutiny, or any kind of standard for a neighbor hood watch be upheld, then you are part of the problem, and are doing nothing to protect our freedom.
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:07   #1259
jim goose
"The Goose"
 
jim goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL, MO.
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
This would have helped Zimmerman how, exactly?

Regards,
Happyguy
Pay legal Bills.

Last edited by jim goose; 06-30-2013 at 10:10..
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:12   #1260
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
I'm not trying to prove anything to you.. We've heard from Zimmerman, but we will never hear from Martin. Based on that fact, If you do not think that Zimmermans actions deserve any scrutiny, or any kind of standard for a neighbor hood watch be upheld, then you are part of the problem, and are doing nothing to protect our freedom.
You're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

There are more stories being told than just Zimmerman. How about John Good, who testified this week that the lighter-skinned guy in a red and white jacket was on bottom, crying out for help, while the darker-skinned guy in a dark sweatshirt straddled him and was beating him in a mixed-martial arts style?

How about the fact that the Sanford police department investigated based on the EVIDENCE of the case, not just Zimmerman's statements, and found no inconsistencies, leading them to determine it was true self-defense case and make no arrests?

And before you make any judgments about what I have, am, or will do to protect my neighborhood, I suggest you get to know me first. You know nothing about me.

But, from your posts, I still know you're an idiot. And you have yet to put up anything to support your ridiculous assertions, while having fact after fact presented to you and soundly ignored.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb

Last edited by WarCry; 06-30-2013 at 10:13..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18   #1261
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP
 
MtBaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: At the beach
Posts: 15,946


Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
I'm not trying to prove anything to you.. We've heard from Zimmerman, but we will never hear from Martin. Based on that fact, If you do not think that Zimmermans actions deserve any scrutiny.
You do know his activities on that night were thoroughly scrutinized by Sanford Police right? On the night of the shooting they held him for 5 hours and question his version of events repeatedly right? You know Zimmerman submitted to this voluntarily and without lawyering up right? You do know he submitted voluntarily, again without lawyering up, to a voice stress analysis? And was determined by that analysis to be telling the complete truth? He voluntarily met with Sanford Police and took them on a walk through of events of that night right? You know Sanford Police conducted an investigation and questioned everyone with any first hand knowledge of the events of that night right? You know the investigation was submitted to the Sanford DA and he concluded there was no indication it was anything other than self defense and declined to charge Zimmerman right?

Fact is it was an open and shut self defense case until the race baiters became involved. Fact is Rick Scott caved to their threats of racial violence and decided destroying one likely innocent man's life was an acceptable cost to avoiding riots in FL cities.

Edit:

Aaah, WarCry got in while I was typing but I'll leave this up anyway.
__________________
ďA democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."
― Elmer T Peterson

Last edited by MtBaldy; 06-30-2013 at 10:20..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:26   #1262
jim goose
"The Goose"
 
jim goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL, MO.
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
You're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

There are more stories being told than just Zimmerman. How about John Good, who testified this week that the lighter-skinned guy in a red and white jacket was on bottom, crying out for help, while the darker-skinned guy in a dark sweatshirt straddled him and was beating him in a mixed-martial arts style?

How about the fact that the Sanford police department investigated based on the EVIDENCE of the case, not just Zimmerman's statements, and found no inconsistencies, leading them to determine it was true self-defense case and make no arrests?

And before you make any judgments about what I have, am, or will do to protect my neighborhood, I suggest you get to know me first. You know nothing about me.

But, from your posts, I still know you're an idiot. And you have yet to put up anything to support your ridiculous assertions, while having fact after fact presented to you and soundly ignored.

Insults? Really.

The idiot is the guy who follows people around at night, and into alley ways without identifying himself. If thats something you do, then I can quit now, because your gene pool, and its ability to reproduce itself, will eventually kill itself off.

Last edited by jim goose; 06-30-2013 at 10:26..
jim goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:29   #1263
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
Insults? Really.

The idiot is the guy who follows people around at night, and into alley ways without identifying himself. If thats something you do, then I can quit now, because your gene pool, and its ability to reproduce itself, will eventually kill itself off.
Nahhh... I agree with WarCry. You are indeed what he says you are.

Go make up an alternative reality somewhere else, Neo.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:31   #1264
Russ in PA
Senior Member
 
Russ in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,079
Can't we all just get along?
__________________
Ya think bad, then bad's what ya get.
Russ in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:31   #1265
unit1069
Senior Member
 
unit1069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Central US
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
I disagree, I am not sure about the legalities in support of neighborhood watches, but I know he was carrying a gun, and looking to stop, question, and detain someone against their will.
This is quite an incredible assertion, unless there's testimony to support it. If Zimmerman had acted in this manner during any of the nearly 50 calls to the Sanford PD I'm sure the world would have heard about that, don't you?

However, since I admit I don't know every detail about Zimmerman's history as the neighborhood watch captain I will rely on you to provide support for your statement.
__________________
Rocket Scientist
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:33   #1266
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I do not know M's future actions, but based on his past and sworn testimony during this trial thus far, it's certain that M had a HUGE chip on his shoulder as far as a person's race goes, which is especially true when it comes to "white" people, or as M puts it while on the phone with his gf just moments before the event, "cracker *ss m*****-*****r."


Anyway, people asking the wrong questions on purpose is a tactic of the liberal and or those unable to use reasoning. For example, a reporter asking an LE sniper how many perp's he/she has killed, at a specific call out/event, is just not the same as asking the same LE sniper how many people they saved?
I know I'm sober so I must be seeing things.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:40   #1267
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ in PA View Post
Can't we all just get along?
I see what you did there.
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:49   #1268
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
Insults? Really.
Yes, I insulted you. Because you've insulted every person with any sort of rational-thinking skills by continuing to ignore facts and argue with speculation, unfounded by even the weakest of circumstantial evidence.

I find it insulting that anyone would be that willfully ignorant. I find it to be one of two things: Either you're an embarrassment to whatever educational process you've come up through, or you're deliberately presenting a completely fallacious argument just for the sake of arguing (in internet vernacular, known as 'trolling').

Regardless of which of these two things is true, the short-hand I've selected to describe it is "idiotic", and therefore, the person employing one or both of them is an idiot.

I will gladly revise my opinion of you if you do the same thing I did - support your view with facts from testimony or police reports. Unless and until that happens, my opinion stands as my opinion. No one has to agree with me (though it appears several do).
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb

Last edited by WarCry; 06-30-2013 at 10:49..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:52   #1269
Inebriated
Senior Member
 
Inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
I'm not trying to prove anything to you.. We've heard from Zimmerman, but we will never hear from Martin. Based on that fact, If you do not think that Zimmermans actions deserve any scrutiny, or any kind of standard for a neighbor hood watch be upheld, then you are part of the problem, and are doing nothing to protect our freedom.
What about WarCry giving you examples of evidence in Zimmerman's favor implies that he thinks Zimmerman deserves no scrutiny?
__________________
التكبر يقللل قيمة الحكمة
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:37   #1270
unit1069
Senior Member
 
unit1069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Central US
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
I find it insulting that anyone would be that willfully ignorant. I find it to be one of two things: Either you're an embarrassment to whatever educational process you've come up through, or you're deliberately presenting a completely fallacious argument just for the sake of arguing (in internet vernacular, known as 'trolling').
In order to prevent this thread from being closed let's not let it devolve into an insulting match and just let jim goose provide factual information. We'll soon find out if he is capable of stating facts, educated opinions based upon facts, or is reciting incendiary speculation to push buttons.
__________________
Rocket Scientist

Last edited by unit1069; 06-30-2013 at 11:37..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:43   #1271
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?
 
zoyter2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Anniston, Alabama
Posts: 11,626


Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
Where did I say I am against Neighborhood watches?

This issue is about having an idiot provide the service and killing a kid who was welcome in the subdivision.
Again, you are needlessly convoluting the issue. Neither GZ's intelligence nor TM's welcome is an issue.

The only issue here is physical interactions that led up to TM's being shot and killed, and whether THAT was a legal response by GZ.
__________________
Sorry, Okie. I tried, I really did. There are just too many idiots for whom I have little patience. You were a better man than I.
zoyter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50   #1272
unit1069
Senior Member
 
unit1069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Central US
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goose View Post
The idiot is the guy who follows people around at night, ...
Please feel free to inform us of any Zimmerman actions deemed by the Sanford PD to have been improper on the night of 2/26/12 or any of the other 40+ times he called to report unknown persons in the complex.

Quote:
... and into alley ways without identifying himself.
Interesting that you consider a sidewalk an "alley way". Have you seen the aerial photo shots of the complex, by any chance?
__________________
Rocket Scientist
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05   #1273
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,684
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
What about WarCry giving you examples of evidence in Zimmerman's favor implies that he thinks Zimmerman deserves no scrutiny?
I think he is saying that it is zimmermans fault, including if zimmermans story is true.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:08   #1274
DocCasualty
Senior Member
 
DocCasualty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 659
One thing the testimony has made very clear so far is that TM, who was supposedly in fear of the "crazy ***** cracker" following him per DeeDee's testimony, had lost GZ and had plenty of time to get back to his "daddy fiancee" townhouse but didn't. Of course he could have called 911 but we've been told he would not have trusted the police, so I can accept that. Still, why did he choose to lurk in the shadows and confront GZ, which even DeeDee corroborates as having happened? This doesn't sound like somebody who was in fear.
__________________
NRA Life Member
DocCasualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:23   #1275
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post
Still, why did he choose to lurk in the shadows and confront GZ, which even DeeDee corroborates as having happened? This doesn't sound like somebody who was in fear.
Well, see, that doesn't support the idea of Zimmerman running him down like a treed animal with intent to first intimidate, then assault and batter, and finally kill him. And it it doesn't support that idea, it's OBVIOUSLY not true, and simply people making up excuses.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
airplane pillow neck, diverse vibrancy, full retard, glockeroo cowboy, gobble gobble, labeefa tesifies, msm non-sense, my precious, retarded hippo, riot, skittles, stage name diamond, stop tag abuse, trayvon martin, underground railroaded, zimmerman
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 683
178 Members
505 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42