SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2013, 13:15   #51
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
This case is unique for many reasons. One of which is it took public outcry to even get the guy charged.
Actually, it's unique because the public outcry RESULTED in an arrest, where Florida law is pretty damn clear that it shouldn't have happened. In a self-defense case, if the evidence at the scene is matched up with the statements of those involved (directly or as witnesses), then arrests are forbidden by law and charges should have never been filed. In this case, there were no witnesses to the event other than George Zimmerman, and the physical evidence at the scene matched his description of events as they happened. The Sanford police questioned him, and found this to be the case, and that's why an arrest was never made. Because they understand the laws on self-defense.

This whole trial is 100% based on the court of public opinion, and God help us when the Nancy Grace crowd starts dictating how the law is applied.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:17   #52
mixflip

Yesterday I asked a friend (who is African American) what he thought of the case.

He said "I havent been following the case hardly at all but at the end of the day Treyvon is dead and that isnt right".

I said what about the argument that it was self defense? He said, "Treyvon didnt have a gun right? How could it be self defense?"

Last edited by mixflip; 06-26-2013 at 13:20..
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:17   #53
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Ok, so she tells the 911 operator what is going on, a call is logged and they contact Sanford PD to investigate. Simple really. her reaction is not conducive with the phone call she claims to have had.

Friend calls for help, now won't answer phone.

Go to sleep and go to school the next morning.
No to mention that - in fear of his life from this creepy, crazy guy - Martin never said "let me get off here, I'm gonna call a cop" or "If something happens, call the cops". In the meantime, the creepy, crazy guy is on the line with police dispatch nearly the entire length of the event.

I'm not a rocket scientist, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but something here......
Old 06-26-2013, 13:24   #54
WarCry

I have to say, the defense was pretty damn gracious to give her a break before cross-exam started (I think they're the ones who asked for the break, anyway). It would have seemed mean, attacking to start hammering her while she was still emotional from talking about the funeral.

Now, after having a chance to collect herself, it's going to get rough for her.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:26   #55
NIB

HAHAHA!

I just took a gander at my facebook page and noticed that even the "Justice for Trayvon" crowd is yelling to get her off the stand.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:27   #56
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
Yesterday I asked a friend (who is African American) what he thought of the case.

He said "I havent been following the case hardly at all but at the end of the day Treyvon is dead and that isnt right".

I said what about the argument that it was self defense? He said, "Treyvon didnt have a gun right? How could it be self defense?"

There is not a lot of independent thought and research left in this world. People are sheep to the media and their peers. Most vote based upon popularity and media influence and do not even bother to research a candidates past and stances.

Last edited by eb07; 06-26-2013 at 13:27..
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:29   #57
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
That's when you declare "I am not carrying a gun right now" and then proceed to beat the crap out if him, and tell him he can't defend himself because he knows you don't have a gun (which, I might add, would still be more information than Zimmerman had about Martin).

....Unless you want to keep a friend, I guess.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:30   #58
WarCry

Ooh! West is starting to get to her!
Old 06-26-2013, 13:33   #59
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Ooh! West is starting to get to her!
She is making it very obvious that she doesn't want to be there, with her attitude in the answers.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:33   #60
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Following this case daily...praying for Justice to be served. It looks like every state witness has done a really good job for the defense.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:36   #61
WarCry

I'm a courtroom novice, but is derision like this from a witness toward an attorney typically tolerated? She's not gotten really bad yet, but she's right on the edge.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:38   #62
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
The court (namely, the judge and reporter) keep blaming the microphone for comprehension trouble. Perhaps it's the fact that the woman is talking like she's half asleep, doesn't want to be there, and has a mouth full of marbles? They need to tell her to enunciate her answers - she's in a damn court of law, just just jaw-jacking with some buddies.
I used to have a Sgt. that would say something WILDLY GT inappropriate to get his point across to inmates who were talking like this woman.

They always got the point and started opening their mouth and talking.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:40   #63
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

This lady has no credibility. She's not even remotely believable.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 06-26-2013, 13:41   #64
eb07
Sharkin'

She just contradicted her original testimony. Wow
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:42   #65
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I used to have a Sgt. that would say something WILDLY GT inappropriate to get his point across to inmates who were talking like this woman.

They always got the point and started opening their mouth and talking.
No you've piqued my curiosity. Feel free to PM me any of those if you care to share!
Old 06-26-2013, 13:43   #66
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
HAHAHA!

I just took a gander at my facebook page and noticed that even the "Justice for Trayvon" crowd is yelling to get her off the stand.
RIP Jack
Old 06-26-2013, 13:45   #67
Altaris

Quote:
I'm a courtroom novice, but is derision like this from a witness toward an attorney typically tolerated? She's not gotten really bad yet, but she's right on the edge.
The prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case, that I watched a lot of, was super aggressive. He would have stopped her many times saying "Judge this witness is being non-responsive or combative"...which he actually did many times in his case.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:46   #68
RHVEtte

Oh, joy. The CSI defense. Jesus tapdancing Christ, this woman is a riot.
Liberty is a candle in a tempest. It is a rare and beautiful thing that must be jealously guarded, lest it be snuffed out. And like the candle, Liberty under tyranny is difficult to reignite. -- undoubtedly said by someone smarter than I.
RHVEtte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:47   #69
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

HLN is calling this lady their "star witness"... if that is the case. The judge might dismiss this case w/o there needing to be a defense.
RIP Jack
Old 06-26-2013, 13:47   #70
kensb2
pistol n00b

Anyone else notice that Tracy Martin just bursted out in tears, a bit audibly, when West starting tripping her up on her testimony and she was getting combatitive?
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:48   #71
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

The innocent angel Trayvon on the phone with his friend describing George Zimmerman "creepy arse cracka'"

Let's reverse roles: imagine Zimmerman shot dead by Trayvon and the witness saying "when I asked George how the person following him looked like he answered "like a ni**a on crack".

Anyone doubts in this reversed role situation the verdict could be anything else than NOT guilty?
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:49   #72
Cashgap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHVEtte View Post
Oh, joy. The CSI defense. Jesus tapdancing Christ, this woman is a riot.
I need to take a break and watch "Firs 48", it sounds very informative.

I think I was crying with laughter while you were posting.

"Go ahead. Go ahead!!!!"
Cashgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:49   #73
meathead19

She is a bit hard to understand at times.
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:50   #74
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
Anyone else notice that Tracy Martin just bursted out in tears, a bit audibly, when West starting tripping her up on her testimony and she was getting combatitive?
I think Trayvon's Dad is crying because he's watching the prosecutions case fall apart.

I know this is a difficult thing for them, but them getting up and walking out, etc.. just seems a bit dramatic to me. I count at least twice for each of them getting up and walking out.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 06-26-2013 at 13:52..
Old 06-26-2013, 13:52   #75
RHVEtte

"I do not watch news. I do not watch news." And she votes, people. Well, at least she's old enough to vote. Whether or not she could be bothered to actually go is another matter.
Liberty is a candle in a tempest. It is a rare and beautiful thing that must be jealously guarded, lest it be snuffed out. And like the candle, Liberty under tyranny is difficult to reignite. -- undoubtedly said by someone smarter than I.
RHVEtte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane pillow neck, diverse vibrancy, full retard, glockeroo cowboy, gobble gobble, labeefa tesifies, msm non-sense, my precious, retarded hippo, riot, skittles, stage name diamond, stop tag abuse, trayvon martin, underground railroaded, zimmerman