SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2013, 14:24   #26
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
I wanted a thread to discuss aspects of the trail, not about whether or not there will be riots, etc...
And that thread is a running commentary on the trial. It may not have started that way, but that's the way it's gone. Just saying, reading threads helps avoid repetition.
Old 06-25-2013, 14:38   #27
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_jewapo View Post
I've been expecting to settle into a long trial like Jodi Arias. You think this one will be done in a week or two?
There are a lot of earwitnesses I think they could drop out. They may argue the audio but dueling experts is such a gamble. Zimmerman is going to be the heart of the case. I suspect he will take at least a few days. I think this one might be done in a few weeks. Of course the jury could spend weeks deliberating it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 15:00   #28
wingryder

I missed the past couple of hours of the trial... had to take the in-laws shopping...

But now watching Mark Omara questioning state witness Bahadoor... She has apparently changed her testimony since her previous statements and may be considered for being impeached as a witness (according to local news WESH). Her credibility is plummeting...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 16:22   #29
Highspeedlane
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

Why are we not hearing about any or all of those?
It seems that the news media has a hidden agenda?
They absolutely do. They despise the notion of stand-your-ground, of guns and their use for self-defense in general, and the racist controversy they created out of thin air doesn't hurt ratings either.

Never heard of a "white Hispanic" before this event either.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05   #30
WarCry

Presuming what the issue was in the other thread, how about no one post stupid, jack-ass photos in this one so there can continue to be a discussion about this very-important-to-gun-owners trial, whaddya say?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25   #31
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Presuming what the issue was in the other thread, how about no one post stupid, jack-ass photos in this one so there can continue to be a discussion about this very-important-to-gun-owners trial, whaddya say?
I'm just glad we have another thread on this. This is where I get most of my info.

I looked in on D.U. to see how they are handling this. It was a very nasty, hate filled experience.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27   #32
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Agreed!

That was a purely foolish post/pic and I knew it was getting locked as soon as I saw it.

This is a good discussion to have, and hopefully mods can use a little more discretion than normal and delete idiotic posts rather than locking the thread.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:30   #33
Altaris

That woman is 19?
She looks like she is 30.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:33   #34
WarCry

This girl/woman seems belligerent to the prosecution, annoyed at being asked questions at all. The cross is going to be a riot with this one!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:36   #35
eb07
Sharkin'

My thoughts on the "star prosecution witness" .... After all she has posted on twitter and facebook, I just do not see how the prosecutions star witness isn't going to get her credibility shattered by the defense. Unless the defense are complete incompetents. However with the opening statement as an example, anything is possible.

My other observation is that they are allowing Zimmerman's past 911 calls to be allowed to show his motive and intent to attack but they will not allow Martin's past violence and posts about violence to be introduced to show his intent to attack.

Seems like they are doing everything they can to stack the deck for a weak prosecution.

Last edited by eb07; 06-26-2013 at 12:36..
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37   #36
Altaris

Quote:
This girl/woman seems belligerent to the prosecution, annoyed at being asked questions at all. The cross is going to be a riot with this one!
uh oh.... she just said that his response was that zimmerman looked like a "creepy ass cracker"
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38   #37
Altaris

Quote:
Holy crap you are right. The cross is going to be great.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38   #38
countrygun

If you want to get a glimpse of why we have problems in this Country go to the clickorlando link and read some of the real time comments in the chat.

No matter how you feel about the case, if you have any grasp of the facts and the charges, it is scary to think that those folks might be on the jury if you were on trial.

Wow, some of them are oblivious to the real world and the law to boot. At one point, yesterday, someone said "It was illegal for GZ to follow TM". Gee, call the DA he must have forgotten about that law.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:43   #39
Altaris

Jeez.....Speak clear English so we can understand you and don't have to ask you to repeat yourself over and over and over.
This witness is terrible.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:47   #40
WarCry

The court (namely, the judge and reporter) keep blaming the microphone for comprehension trouble. Perhaps it's the fact that the woman is talking like she's half asleep, doesn't want to be there, and has a mouth full of marbles? They need to tell her to enunciate her answers - she's in a damn court of law, just just jaw-jacking with some buddies.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:47   #41
kensb2
pistol n00b

Anything this girl says is just going to gloss over the jury if she can't say things well enough to understand her. I'm already losing interest in what she has to say, and I'm sure the jury is starting to as well.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:51   #42
eb07
Sharkin'

If the defense cannot rip holes in this witnesses story then they aren't worth their salt.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:54   #43
WarCry

I've not felt any sympathy for the prosecution in this case so far. The charges being brought was absurd, and it's all been downhill from there....

However, at this point, my heart goes out to whomever on the state's team that had to do the witness-prep on this witness. I have the feeling that's a Floridian that may have a newly-acquired drinking problem.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:57   #44
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why are we even hearing about this trial?

Since the Zimmerman/Martin event anywhere from 100-200 black males have been killed by other black males in this country. And under far more hostile conditions.

Why are we not hearing about any or all of those?
It seems that the news media has a hidden agenda?
This case is unique for many reasons. One of which is it took public outcry to even get the guy charged.
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58   #45
eb07
Sharkin'

Her is my issue with this testimony her friend was supposedly attacked on the phone with her, she heard "mushy wet grass" she supposedly heard cries for help..... yet she never called him back, called 911, called his parents, or called him the next day to see if he was alright. She heard about it as a rumor at school.

This woman is flat out lying and that fact alone saddens me. There are no morals.

Last edited by eb07; 06-26-2013 at 12:59..
Old 06-26-2013, 13:05   #46
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Her is my issue with this testimony her friend was supposedly attacked on the phone with her, she heard "mushy wet grass" she supposedly heard cries for help..... yet she never called him back, called 911, called his parents, or called him the next day to see if he was alright. She heard about it as a rumor at school.

This woman is flat out lying and that fact alone saddens me. There are no morals.
In her defense, she did say she attempted to call him back and got no answer. Would she have been able to give an appropriate address to where he was to a 911 operator? Plus, she'd have gotten a 911 operator in Miami, which is pretty far from Sandford. Did she have Tracy Martin's #? I wouldn't suspect that she did.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:09   #47
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

So TM called GZ a creepy ass cracker, then attacked him. Sounds like TM is the racist and GZ is the victim of racial profiling.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 13:10   #48
Altaris

19 and just about to start her senior year in highschool...she is a smart one.
Old 06-26-2013, 13:11   #49
kensb2
pistol n00b

How in the hell would Zimmerman be 'out of breath' from having to walk/jog that short distance? He was in good shape when this happened. Also, how far from his (guest) residence was he when this happened? She did say that she told him to run, and he said no. Why not run if this person ACTUALLY frightens you?
Old 06-26-2013, 13:12   #50
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
Plus, she'd have gotten a 911 operator in Miami, which is pretty far from Sandford.

Ok, so she tells the 911 operator what is going on, a call is logged and they contact Sanford PD to investigate. Simple really. her reaction is not conducive with the phone call she claims to have had.

Friend calls for help, now won't answer phone.

Go to sleep and go to school the next morning.

Tags
airplane pillow neck, diverse vibrancy, full retard, glockeroo cowboy, gobble gobble, labeefa tesifies, msm non-sense, my precious, retarded hippo, riot, skittles, stage name diamond, stop tag abuse, trayvon martin, underground railroaded, zimmerman