GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-03-2013, 22:50   #2501
KALD

At first I was thinking what evidence could Mama Martin provide other than "he was a good boy" and "he wanted to be an astronaut" but I wonder if she says "he was a good boy" if the defense can bring in his past in order to refute it?
Old 07-03-2013, 22:53   #2502
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
HLN is (or was) CNN's "fast news" channel, "Headline News". They used to run headlines, repeating every 30 minutes, like, 10 minutes of "top news", 10 minutes of weather and travel, 5 minutes of sports, and 5 minutes of human interest, then start over.

There use to be really even-keel on spin because there wasn't really enough TIME to spin.

I don't know why they stopped this (my guess would be they were losing money), but even when they started doing special programming, it was still pretty balances. Over the last 6 months or so, though, they've gone WAY heavy to the left. Again, I don't know what the driving force was behind this change, but it's left me with pretty much no balanced news source worth mentioning.
It was great in it's old format. You could turn it on any time of the day and get the latest news, pretty much unbiased, in 30 minutes.

It was probably a money loser because most people would probably only watch it for 30 minutes a day. Maybe twice a day.

With Nancy Grace screeching for hours on end lazy housewife's have something other than trashy romance novels and soap operas to keep them entertained.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 22:53   #2503
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALD View Post
At first I was thinking what evidence could Mama Martin provide other than "he was a good boy" and "he wanted to be an astronaut" but I wonder if she says "he was a good boy" if the defense can bring in his past in order to refute it?
The excuse is o that she can say "That was my little baby screaming for help on the 911 recording"

Of course the defense will bring dad in and ask him why he said it wasn't, but the prosecution wants to give a "dramatic human face" to the proceedings
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 00:53   #2504
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Not everything in this world can be measured and quantified.

There was a pretty good definition of the Florida law put up on some other site a couple of days ago but it boiled down to, basically, "did the threat exist and was the person in fear of it"

The lawyer that posted it pointed out that the law doesn't say that it matters later if the threat can be shown to not been that severe, only that at the moment the person believed it was.
Most states that I am aware of use the "reasonable person" standard.

I probably should have just looked it up as a quick Google search shows that Florida does indeed use that standard for justifiable use of deadly force.

Last edited by HarlDane; 07-04-2013 at 00:55..
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41   #2505
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
HLN is (or was) CNN's "fast news" channel, "Headline News"...

Over the last 6 months or so, though, they've gone WAY heavy to the left...

Talk about understatement!!! HLN is about six steps Left of Karl Marx!! Their bias is so blatantly repugnant as to be vile. They have assembled a horde of Affirmative Action law school grads who basically despise White people and scoff at facts as well as science to spread the same old BS, i.e, "Man keepin' the Brother down"
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:49   #2506
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Talk about understatement!!! HLN is about six steps Left of Karl Marx!! Their bias is so blatantly repugnant as to be vile. They have assembled a horde of Affirmative Action law school grads who basically despise White people and scoff at facts as well as science to spread the same old BS, i.e, "Man keepin' the Brother down"
So you are saying they are pretty much like MSNBC?
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:05   #2507
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
This was my thinking as well.... but I have a feeling the prosecution will very carefully prep her to avoid statements like this.

It'd be awesome if she walked into it though.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:55   #2508
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
The fortunate part is that the jury is not watching HLN or any other press coverage. So, in theory, they ought to be rendering a verdict based on their own assessment of the facts presented and with the guidance in law from the judge.

This is how 'shock verdicts' come to being. In most cases when the public is led down one path only to find the verdict was the opposite, the response is shock, disbelief, and possibly mild protests. In this case, I don't expect a controlled & civilized response if the verdict is anything less than 'guilty of second degree murder'. Of course, HLN will be right there to cover the aftermath. I'm sure some executive there is thinking 'this will be awesome for our ratings.'

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:59   #2509
JuneyBooney

Quote:
That is exactly what I was wondering.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:00   #2510
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Thing is, she really didn't know Trayvon. Tracy and her divorced when he was 3 years old. For the next 11 years he lived with Tracy and his second wife, who by all accounts was really the only real anchor in his life. When Tracy started taking up with Brandi, Trayvon was bounced from place to place but mainly stayed with his uncle, a veteran, who lived near Sybrina Fulton in Miami.

Keep in mind, when Trayvon was shot Tracy was still married to his second wife (he got a quicky divorce right after the shooting to clean things up and for the optics), but had been living with Brandi for a couple of years or so. He didn't have his own place so when Trayvon was kicked out of his uncle's place, he went to Sybrina's, who kicked him out after a short while, put him on a bus, and sent him to Brandi's place.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:10   #2511
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Thing is, she really didn't know Trayvon. Tracy and her divorced when he was 3 years old. For the next 11 years he lived with Tracy and his second wife, who by all accounts was really the only real anchor in his life. When Tracy started taking up with Brandi, Trayvon was bounced from place to place but mainly stayed with his uncle, a veteran, who lived near Sybrina Fulton in Miami.

Keep in mind, when Trayvon was shot Tracy was still married to his second wife (he got a quicky divorce right after the shooting to clean things up and for the optics), but had been living with Brandi for a couple of years or so. He didn't have his own place so when Trayvon was kicked out of his uncle's place, he went to Sybrina's, who kicked him out after a short while, put him on a bus, and sent him to Brandi's place.
wonder if the defense can get this in to shatter the image of tracy and sybrina being loving devoted family. They are what they are.

Doc44
Old 07-04-2013, 06:29   #2512
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i made my wife turn off the tv , or i was gonna shoot it . all these so called experts yelling and ranting and spewing just down right lies and BS . cnn, hln , nancy grace dr drew all of those idiots need to just vanish .
i was working on my laptop and wife was watching some crap in the den and it gave me a fing migraine . i had enough walked over snatched the power cord out of socket .
Could you have just went to another room where you couldn't hear the tv instead of forcing her to give up what she wanted to watch? It's none of my business, but I can imagine that wasn't much appreciated.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:36   #2513
breacher1

This says it all about Trayvons dad, Tracy. And junior was well on his way to being just like dad!!!

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...g-connections/
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09   #2514
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breacher1 View Post
This says it all about Trayvons dad, Tracy. And junior was well on his way to being just like dad!!!

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...g-connections/
but...but...he was just a 17 yr old boy getting skittles?!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:29   #2515
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The excuse is o that she can say "That was my little baby screaming for help on the 911 recording"

Of course the defense will bring dad in and ask him why he said it wasn't, but the prosecution wants to give a "dramatic human face" to the proceedings

I wonder if the defense will put Zimms mom on the stand to say "no, that is MY baby". Mrs. Zimm would be the last the jury hears say it.

A Nation of Cowards

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and doesn't help your business.

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 07-04-2013 at 08:29..
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:18   #2516
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Could you have just went to another room where you couldn't hear the tv instead of forcing her to give up what she wanted to watch? It's none of my business, but I can imagine that wasn't much appreciated.
It's obvious you don't respect the importance of having a strong pimp hand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Last edited by TBO; 07-04-2013 at 09:19..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:36   #2517
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
but...but...he was just a 17 yr old boy getting skittles?!
Skittles + tea + cough syrup = purple lean, aka purple drank, aka Sizzurp

The Okie Corral

Quote:
Some call it “lean”:
Purple drank is a slang term for a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston, Texas. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine. Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as Sprite soft drink or Mountain Dew and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup. There are numerous slang terms for purple drank, including sizzurp, lean, syrup, drank, barre, purple jelly and Texas tea.

The most popular type of codeine syrup is promethazine-codeine, a prescription cough syrup. The active ingredients are codeine, a narcotic, and the antihistamine medication promethazine. When taken in large quantities, both medications can lead to sedation and altered levels of consciousness. The addition of these antihistamines is intended to deter abuse at high doses (doses higher than recommended can produce extreme somnolence or weakness, and may even cause fatal respiratory depression). In lower doses, these potentiate the opiates.
More here
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:42   #2518
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

If anybody believe all of the above is a coincidence or maybe just some creepy arse cracka' B.S, take a look at this snapshot of Trayvon Martin Facebook page (click twice to enlarge full size):

The Okie Corral

It is very likely little innocent Trayvon was high as a kite at the time he attacked G.Z. It would be interesting to see the results of his blood test if it was done during the autopsy.

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 07-04-2013 at 09:49..
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17   #2519
jdavionic
NRA Member

I've been catching up on the trial details from this week. I noticed the discussion on trigger pull, which was interesting. I wonder whether the presentation would have been more swaying if he had modified the trigger pull down to 3 lbs.

That aside, I don't recall seeing any discussion on the ammo; however I didn't watch every minute of the trial. Did that discussion take place?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:25   #2520
kussor

The only reason that they are prosecuting him at all was the threat of black riots.
kussor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:33   #2521
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIockGuy24 View Post
I think it might be dangerous if the defense pushes the self-defense too strongly instead of discrediting the prosecution's evidence and merely show that there is isn't enough evidence to convict. The jury will be instructed on proof and reasonable doubt, not on choosing murder if they don't think it was self-defense. The jury finding is guilty or not guilty of murder. Not about if GZ acted in self-defense or not.
While I agree that the finding will be guilty or not guilty of murder, self-defense is so entwined in that determination that I don't think it's valid to treat it as though it were somehow a separate issue.

Without justification, shooting someone *is* murder. If the jury comes back with a guilty verdict, they will essentially be saying that they think the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman used lethal force without justification.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:45   #2522
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

This is very interesting:
Medical examiner who called Zimmerman injuries ‘insignificant’ no stranger to controversy

Quote:

Rao has been in the spotlight before.
Local Florida newspapers have reported complaints filed against Dr. Rao. Co-workers have accused her of various offenses including washing her feet in an autopsy sink, walking barefoot through a bloody crime scene, and calling a former subordinate “Big Mac” due to her weight. She was also accused by a former employee of Middle Eastern descent of making jokes about him being a terrorist.
During a stint working as a medical examiner in Missouri, Rao made news by misidentifying the cause of death of University of Missouri football player Aaron O’Neal. Rao determined that O’Neal collapsed during practice and died from viral meningitis. O’Neal actually had sickle-cell anemia which, the player’s family argued, should have been treated by his coaches since it is known that the hereditary disease has been linked to heat stroke. The family later settled with the University for over $2 million.
During an appeal of a murder conviction of Labrant Dennis, state attorney Joshua Weintraub was accused of coaching Dr. Rao — then a medical examiner — as a witness in the penalty phase of the case. In an appeal to the Florida Supreme Court, Dennis’ attorneys argued that in a 1998 memo to Rao before her analysis of the case case was submitted, Weintraub “used subjective terms, varying in degrees of conclusiveness, speculation, and gross exaggeration.”
That email, obtained by The Daily Caller, shows Weintraub telling Rao that it is “of paramount importance that [the victim’s] facial injuries were caused by a staggering 20-25 strikes to the head.”
Weintraub also wrote to Rao “I would like to stress to the jury that [the victim] is alert and aware that she is being beaten.”
Weintraub asked Rao to specifically mention that the victims in the case “languished and died.” Weintraub wrote that the phrase “is a term of art that the judge and jury needs to understand because it helps with our burden of proving the murders as ‘atrocious’ and ‘cruel’.”
The claim, which the court later ruled against, argued that state prosecutors relied on Rao’s testimony despite her not having conducted any of the autopsies of any of Dennis’ alleged victims. Nor did Rao visit the crime scene.
Dennis’ initial attorney, Ronald Guralnick, recalled the memo to Dr. Rao as “very suggestive.” He told The DC that if he’d have known about the memo before trial, he could have impeached Rao’s examination.
Suzanne Keffer, Dennis’ lawyer in the appeals case, recollects that Dr. Rao’s “opinion was really stretching.” Keffer says that Rao would also offer non-medical opinions. Keffer says that prosecutors do tell their witnesses what is expected of their testimony but that Rao’s matched Weintraub’s suggestions “point for point.”
A Jacksonville-area defense attorney said in a phone interview of Rao’s relationship with state attorneys, “it’s sort of home-cooking.” The source added, “obviously Angela [Corey] hand-picked her.”
A source close to the state attorney’s office says Rao and Corey have a “very, very, very close relationship.” The source, who asked not to be identified, called Rao and Corey “very good friends” and “close allies.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/03/me...#ixzz2Y6Frw2KS

Old 07-04-2013, 11:49   #2523
M&P15T
Beard One

The entire trial is a joke.

Most importantly, the fact that there IS a trial, based on Florida's SYG laws, is the biggest travesty.

All because of the press and Obummer's asinine comment.

This is both sad and scary. A true raping of the legal system.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24   #2524
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
If anybody believe all of the above is a coincidence or maybe just some creepy arse cracka' B.S, take a look at this snapshot of Trayvon Martin Facebook page (click twice to enlarge full size):

The Okie Corral

It is very likely little innocent Trayvon was high as a kite at the time he attacked G.Z. It would be interesting to see the results of his blood test if it was done during the autopsy.

Check, Trayvon did have drugs in his system:

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/18506...-in-his-system
Old 07-04-2013, 12:25   #2525
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kussor View Post
The only reason that they are prosecuting him at all was the threat of black riots.
A not guilty verdict and the riots will be 10x worse.
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane pillow neck, diverse vibrancy, full retard, glockeroo cowboy, gobble gobble, labeefa tesifies, msm non-sense, my precious, retarded hippo, riot, skittles, stage name diamond, stop tag abuse, trayvon martin, underground railroaded, zimmerman