SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2013, 19:12   #226
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
oh geez.. if he was gonna "hunt" a kid, why would he call 911 prior to doing so? I'm sure getting his head bounced off the concrete and his nose broken was part of this strategy?

If that line is how you come up with "damaging" testimony.. then this case is not only weak, its nonexistent.
Yeah, I have yet to see anything from the prosecution showing and "act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual", which is the FL statute definition for 2nd Degree.

The reason I pointed out the clip I did is because I would think it would have been pointed out as yet one more hole in the prosecution's case.

Maybe it was come in the defense phase?
Old 06-26-2013, 19:12   #227
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
and got everyone from the media to the Ambassador from East Elbonia involved, and threatened to riot.
Good point. Once the Ambassador from East Elbonia gets involved, there is no turning back.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:13   #228
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
He walks & riots will ensue.

Heard it here first folks!
Actually, I THINK I've been hearing that since, oh, March 2012(ish)....
Old 06-26-2013, 19:15   #229
meathead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Actually, I THINK I've been hearing that since, oh, March 2012(ish)....
Stop stealing my thunder!
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:18   #230
countrygun

Quote:
oh geez.. if he was gonna "hunt" a kid, why would he call 911 prior to doing so? I'm sure getting his head bounced off the concrete and his nose broken was part of this strategy?

If that line is how you come up with "damaging" testimony.. then this case is not only weak, its nonexistent.
If the theory about Zimmerman being on top at one point were valid, how come the only scuffed knuckles were Martin's and Zimmerman's shirt was the only one with grass stains on the back?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:20   #231
Ohio Copper

She doesn't even remember her own lies.

A lot of folks in here need to remember this whole trial and how people lie through their teeth from now on...believe me, it's not just against Zimmerman. This happens a lot.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:28   #232
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
She doesn't even remember her own lies.

A lot of folks in here need to remember this whole trial and how people lie through their teeth from now on...believe me, it's not just against Zimmerman. This happens a lot.
Yup...
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:29   #233
NDCent
Socially Inept

A few of my favorites today by the so called "girl friend" of TM.

Not verbatim, her speaking to Mr. West...

1. Ain't you ever watched 48 hours?
2. Are you listening to me!
3. I could care less about that swern statement I gave, I told you I rushed it.
4. I ain't coming back tomorrow.
5. You can go ahead, I said, you can go ahead, Go ahead! Go ahead!
6. No!, Mr. Don you said you didn't want to take my statement.
7. Yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, too.
8. I don't understand what you axed me? I'm lost?
Old 06-26-2013, 19:29   #234
method

I haven't seen anything about this on GT yet, about Ms. Jeantel's getting rid of a few old tweets last night....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-scrub-748092
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:29   #235
sugarcreek
Tag Team Champs

I hope the truth will out. Rachel is really quite a catch...
Old 06-26-2013, 19:34   #236
unit1069

After today's testimony and subsequent impeachment of the State's "star witness" I think Zimmerman's defense team should feel confident in a "not guilty" verdict, although anything is possible in a national trial like this.

The mainstream media seems desperate to convict Zimmerman. Even HLN --- the network providing real-time coverage --- disregards the testimony and continually cuts in to feature "hate Zim" hacks that seek to rehabilitate the State's less-than-credible witnesses.

Zimmerman may be guilty of something, but I agree with Mark Fuhrman that the State of Florida really overreached in charging him with 2nd degree murder. If Justice has any meaning the State would now be looking into collusion between the "star witness" and the Martin family/lawyer to provide false testimony during trial.

Last edited by unit1069; 06-26-2013 at 19:39..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:36   #237
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcreek View Post
I hope the truth will out. Rachel is really quite a catch...
Ina REALLY BIG net.
Old 06-26-2013, 19:36   #238
meathead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCent View Post
A few of my favorites today by the so called "girl friend" of TM.

Not verbatim, her speaking to Mr. West...

1. Ain't you ever watched 48 hours?
2. Are you listening to me!
3. I could care less about that swern statement I gave, I told you I rushed it.
4. I ain't coming back tomorrow.
5. You can go ahead, I said, you can go ahead, Go ahead! Go ahead!
6. No!, Mr. Don you said you didn't want to take my statement.
7. Yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, yeah I lied about dat, too.
8. I don't understand what you axed me? I'm lost?
Any these statements appealable fo da defense??
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:38   #239
WarCry

I'll tell ya what stuns and shocks me about all this... By all evidence that's come out so far, this was a best-case scenario: Guy trying to be a 'good neighbor' and a 'good witness', calling the cops to observe and report what was going on. Again, by all accounts revealed so far, he was jumped unexpectedly and pulled his gun to defend himself. I'm not even sold on the fact that he tried to kill - or even shoot - Martin, but he had little choice. Now, granted, there could be evidence coming that changes this view, and I reserve the right to sing a different song if that happens, but here's the crux of my problem:

On this forum, when the "right to keep and bear arms" for the sake of protecting one's self and one's family is probably the highest held ideal, so many people are ready to throw this guy under the bus. I have no idea what else they expect him to have done, but in the forum where "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" is the marching order.........

I don't know, I guess I just don't get it.
Old 06-26-2013, 19:47   #240
frank4570
Feral human

Can somebody tell me what time the trial starts tomorrow? I don't want to miss the return of the star witness.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:50   #241
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Can somebody tell me what time the trial starts tomorrow? I don't want to miss the return of the star witness.
9am Eastern
(8a Central, 7a Mountain, 6a Pacific)
Old 06-26-2013, 19:52   #242
countrygun

Quote:
I'll tell ya what stuns and shocks me about all this... By all evidence that's come out so far, this was a best-case scenario: Guy trying to be a 'good neighbor' and a 'good witness', calling the cops to observe and report what was going on. Again, by all accounts revealed so far, he was jumped unexpectedly and pulled his gun to defend himself. I'm not even sold on the fact that he tried to kill - or even shoot - Martin, but he had little choice. Now, granted, there could be evidence coming that changes this view, and I reserve the right to sing a different song if that happens, but here's the crux of my problem:

On this forum, when the "right to keep and bear arms" for the sake of protecting one's self and one's family is probably the highest held ideal, so many people are ready to throw this guy under the bus. I have no idea what else they expect him to have done, but in the forum where "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" is the marching order.........

I think it is a wider social issue that is reflected in various places
around here. Everything just has to be (NO pun intended) "Black or White" anymore. If someone posts a thread about a brand of gun that is competition to your favorite, you can't let it roll as a personal preference. You have to get on and say why your choice is best and the other guy is wrong. YOU have made the "Perfect" decision. You are right and they are wrong.

It's the same in this case. "He wasn't hit enough to be in danger" is what I hear a lot. Well, maybe to you it wasn't but to someone else? But in the last generation and a half it seems as though people are not outgrowing that teenage "I'm always right" bluster and learned to say that a different opinion might be valid. What we hear is "If he didn't do things the way I would, then he's wrong" They will even make up laws and rules to try and validate their opinion. "You can't follow a person" "He was "stalking" him, you can't do that"

Last edited by countrygun; 06-26-2013 at 20:07.. Reason: typos
Old 06-26-2013, 19:53   #243
unit1069

Quote:
Hope this helps ...

The LEO professionals called to investigate the tragedy and county legal eagles originally decided that Zimmerman's account complied with the evidence at the scene. Nothing in Zimmerman's initial statements on the night of the incident or the following day's walk through with LEO investigators impeach his account.

Then, following the Martin family's private hiring of a lawyer and contact with a national politically-affiliated special interest group, the politicians were brought into the issue, whereapon the political apparatus sought to placate the national mainstream media's (manufactured) outrage that an injustice had been done.

George Zimmerman may or may not be guilty of murder, but hundreds of millions of Americans may already be convinced that he's the subject of a high-tech lynching (by the media/"progressive" political class) as was US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Last edited by unit1069; 06-26-2013 at 19:59..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:53   #244
captcurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
He walks & riots will ensue.

Heard it here first folks!

Meathead, I agree with you 100%.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 19:57   #245
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I think it is a wider social issue that is reflected in various places
around here. Everything just has to be (NO pun intended) "Black or white" anymore. If someone posts a thread a bout a brand of gun that is competition to your favorite, you can't let it roll as a personal preference. You have to get on and say why your choice is best and the other guy is wrong. YOU have made the "Perfect" decision. You are right and they are wrong.

It's the same in this case. "He wasn't hit enough to e in danger" is what I hear a lot. Well, maybe to you it wasn't but to someone else? But in the last generation and a half it seems as though people are not outgrowing that teenage "I'm always right" bluster and learned to say that a different opinion might be valid. What we hear is "If he didn't do things the way I would, then he's wrong" They will even make up laws and rules to try and validate their opinion. "You can't follow a person" "He was "stalking" him, you can't do that"

I see what you did there...

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 20:05   #246
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
OK... What about the conversation with the dispatcher was "damaging".. if anything, it showed he did exactly what the dispatcher told him.

Personally I thought the dispatcher was just another defense witness. Finally got these idiots to stop saying the dispatcher "told" him not to follow him... which he clearly stated he did not say that
I also thought the dispatcher testimony was pretty neutral if not in his favor.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 20:08   #247
plainsman

You win battles with people and money.

Unfortunately, far too many gun owners fail to see that it could be them in the hot seat for using self defense some day, that they could be crucified in the media, that their statements could be falsified and played out of context, that the judicial system is baised,and they put Zimmerman under the microscope, but fail to subject travon to the same scrutiny.

If he had the money and resources, he would be able to win resoundingly, sue the media for slander and editing his tapes, set back the wacko anti-gun agenda, etc.

Without a vigourous O.J. style defense, he might win, but still be subject to further prosecution, and rather then suing the hell out of the media, might have to settle for mere chump change. He and all us gun owners need to win big on this one.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 20:09   #248
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
9am Eastern
(8a Central, 7a Mountain, 6a Pacific)
That's awesome. I had given up coffee for about a year. I think I'll have a nice cup of coffee tomorrow, and watch some morning TV in my nice easy chair. It'll be awesome.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 20:13   #249
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

If the judge doesn't dismiss this case by tomorrow, Zimmerman will own ABC.
Old 06-26-2013, 20:18   #250
boofers20

WTF on her neck fat, looking like a chocolate stay puft marshmallow woman
boofers20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane pillow neck, diverse vibrancy, full retard, glockeroo cowboy, gobble gobble, labeefa tesifies, msm non-sense, my precious, retarded hippo, riot, skittles, stage name diamond, stop tag abuse, trayvon martin, underground railroaded, zimmerman