Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:03   #1
ronduke

Democrat U.S. Rep says FBI is encourages racial and religious profiling.

FBI is doing this with an ad.
Is This Ad Campaign Racist?
http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/th...-faces-million
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50   #2
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott is a piece of ****.

This isn't the first looney thing he's done.
It won't be the last.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51   #3
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
The ad shows sixteen faces of wanted terrorists, all of whom appear to be from predominantly Muslim regions.

The ad is... part of the U.S. Department of State’s Rewards for Justice Program.

The program is offering $25 million in rewards for information leading to the terror suspects' arrests.
My only question is why are they running this ad in Seattle? I didn't know Seattle is a hotbed of terrorism.

As for the wanted posters focusing on terrorists, they are who they are. Just like wanted posters focused on the Mafia will show Italians/Sicilians. Or wanted posters focused on Asian gangs will show... Asians. Serial killers? Predominantly whites.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 06-24-2013 at 05:59..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23   #4
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

If it is the truth, it is the truth, and it will make people uncomfortable. I say screw them. Don't like it, don't look at the billboard. Go the other way, stupid.

What do they want? Have the FBI go digging around until they find an equal distribution of terrorists that fill every facet of the rainbow and include a few gay and transgender terrorists too so that everyone will be happy?
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58   #5
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Criminality is ugly. People need to see it.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57   #6
scottydl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronduke View Post
FBI is doing this with an ad.
Is This Ad Campaign Racist?
http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/th...-faces-million
No, it's true and realistic.

Israel knows this, and that's why they DO "discriminate" by race, religion, and age (in airport checkpoints for instance). And that's why their planes don't get hijacked. Little old white ladies are not the ones smuggling explosives on board, regardless of what politicians and the ACLU want to believe.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 23:02   #7
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
My only question is why are they running this ad in Seattle? I didn't know Seattle is a hotbed of terrorism.
The pacific northwest does actually seem to be something of a breeding ground for domestic terrorist type folk, actually.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 00:10   #8
metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
What do they want? Have the FBI go digging around until they find an equal distribution of terrorists that fill every facet of the rainbow and include a few gay and transgender terrorists too so that everyone will be happy?
You're from CA you know that's what they want
Old 06-26-2013, 23:48   #9
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Criminality is ugly. People need to see it.
No. Terrorism is terrorism. It's an act of war. It is violence or threats of violence used to achieve political ends. It is not criminal in nature, although crimes may be committed in the name of terrorism, or be used as a means to achieve the ends of terrorism.

That is one problem we face as a nation. We have now made terrorism a crime and use law enforcement as the mechanism to combat it when it is better suited for the military.

Terrorism needs to be taken on full blast with all the might of the war machine and crushed, proactively when possible, with all due prejudice and without mercy. That is how you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
No, it's true and realistic.

Israel knows this, and that's why they DO "discriminate" by race, religion, and age (in airport checkpoints for instance). And that's why their planes don't get hijacked. Little old white ladies are not the ones smuggling explosives on board, regardless of what politicians and the ACLU want to believe.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
You're from CA you know that's what they want
I know... that's how I know exactly what to write... seen it too much from the crazies in this state.
Old 07-02-2013, 16:20   #10
maclean
Gàidhlig

Baghdad Jim is the maggot in Washington's apple.
Black Rifle Club #38, Hamshack Club #38
Northwest Glocker #38, NRA Life Member
446 SFS "What the hell is a warpig?"
Glock Armorer, Firearms Instructor
Shooting since 1979, Serving since 1996
maclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:58   #11
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
That is one problem we face as a nation. We have now made terrorism a crime and use law enforcement as the mechanism to combat it when it is better suited for the military.

Terrorism needs to be taken on full blast with all the might of the war machine and crushed, proactively when possible, with all due prejudice and without mercy. That is how you win.
Excellent post....!!!
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:26   #12
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

These ads are bad for only disclosing the aims and goals of certain groups that promote violence against the USA and its citizens.

They are bad for not being more specific.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 17:59   #13
Shinytop

The military is limited by Posse Comitatus Act. It is not supposed to act as a police force withing the United States.

Wanting to change that would come under the heading of "Be Careful What You Wish For".
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 23:56   #14
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
The military is limited by Posse Comitatus Act. It is not supposed to act as a police force withing the United States.

Wanting to change that would come under the heading of "Be Careful What You Wish For".
That is exactly what I am talking about... it is erroneous to think of the military as a POLICE force... anywhere... the military is not a police force, although it can police (verb) when needed. There is a huge difference between a military operation and a police operation.

The military is not (according to a Navy poster showing humanitarian relief efforts via medical supply ships to foreign countries) a global force for good. The military is for our sovereign protection, to eliminate enemies who threaten our way of life, and to repel invasion, whatever form it may be.

We are at war. No question about it. Semantics aside, the federal government themselves have declared a "war" on terrorism. Their words, not mine. So now that there is a state of war against terrorism, unleash the military. Don't declare war and then chicken out and try to fight a limited war like Vietnam. It is a huge disservice to the men and women of the military.

I said in my post we need to PROACTIVELY go after and crush terrorism with extreme prejudice. Only the military can do that with the proper ROE. Police officers, no matter what the ROE, cannot proactively take out threats with deadly force... the police can only reactively take out threats with deadly force, i.e. someone presenting a deadly threat at that time.

So, to plainly put it, use the military for what it is supposed to do. Identify the threat to the security of the nation, use appropriate and overwhelming force to terminate said threats with whatever means necessary, drones, bombs, snipers, raids, tactical nuke from orbit, I don't care, but flatten and vaporize every terrorist scum before they can do anything to advance their goals. That is what the military can do and what the police can never do.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:40   #15
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Democrat U.S. Rep says FBI is encourages racial and religious profiling.

We wish.
Old 07-03-2013, 19:07   #16
CC99

When I was LE in the Detroit area, the diff between Criminal Profiling and Racial Profiling was a negligible difference.

Weren't my fault, just reality.

If the Muslims attacked us in an 'Act-of-War' on 9/11, shouldn't those defending them have 'their pic' on the bus? Whatever their race or religion?

Besides, Islam/Muslim is not a 'religion', it is a political edict.
CC99 is offline   Reply With Quote