Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:34   #61
Texanmile

A lot of men and women fought and died against enemies of this nation under the flag. Many were covered in the flag. And many rest in honored peace under it today. They gave you the right to fly it upside down or even burn it if you want to.

You guys are free to disrespect it all you want... even over petty politics. But... you're pretty much a joke to me.
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23   #62
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post
A lot of men and women fought and died against enemies of this nation under the flag. Many were covered in the flag. And many rest in honored peace under it today. They gave you the right to fly it upside down or even burn it if you want to.

You guys are free to disrespect it all you want... even over petty politics. But... you're pretty much a joke to me.
Many of the posters here disrespect the American flag and what it stands for. They place a higher priority on making a feeble political statement that's hidden behind the disguise of patriotism.

They think that if they "quote" the constitution and the founding fathers, then people will accept their selfish dribble and not criticize them.

They think they can condemn the government but not the country, the same way the anti war protesters pretend to support the troops but not their mission.

They don't get it both ways. Either you support this country by flying the proper American flag, or you don't.

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-23-2013 at 04:42..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:57   #63
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post

I'll be flying mine up-side-down for at least the next 3 years.
The American flag does NOT represent the Obama administration.

It represents this great country, it's history, culture, traditions, freedom and the brave men and women who died defending it.

Do you have a problem with that?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51   #64
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The American flag does NOT represent the Obama administration.

It represents this great country, it's history, culture, traditions, freedom and the brave men and women who died defending it.

For those who'd disagree with you, here's an option http://s490.photobucket.com/user/acr...SSO13.jpg.html

LOL
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38   #65
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

So, to untangle this web of twisted, statist logic:

Men and woman fought the "enemies of this nation" (like the Iraqis who plotted 9/11, or the Serbs who threatened my homestead) and in doing so "gave" me my right to fly or not fly the flag of my choosing? "Gave" me this right... Meanwhile the IRS, NSA, ATF, TSA and a host of other three letter agencies run rampant over the rights that matter and we have both the highest incarceration rate and corporate tax rate in the world - no, sir, the joke's on you, and your high school civics level understanding as to how this country is managed and operated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41   #66
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

Yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:48   #67
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
So, to untangle this web of twisted, statist logic:

Men and woman fought the "enemies of this nation" (like the Iraqis who plotted 9/11, or the Serbs who threatened my homestead) and in doing so "gave" me my right to fly or not fly the flag of my choosing? "Gave" me this right... Meanwhile the IRS, NSA, ATF, TSA and a host of other three letter agencies run rampant over the rights that matter and we have both the highest incarceration rate and corporate tax rate in the world - no, sir, the joke's on you, and your high school civics level understanding as to how this country is managed and operated.

NONE of this crap has anything to do with celebrating this country's independence by flying the American flag.

This is what I mean when I accuse guys like you of hiding behind a fake wall of patriotism just so you can throw rocks at this great country and disrespect it's flag and it's people.

The American flag is the flag of the American people, not their government. It should be flown correctly and proudly from every flag pole in this country.

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-23-2013 at 06:53..
Old 06-23-2013, 07:01   #68
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

This is what I mean when I accuse guys like you of hiding behind a fake wall of patriotism just so you can throw rocks at this great country and disrespect it's flag and it's people.

I don't hide behind a real wall of patriotism, let alone a fake one. I'm pretty up front about my contempt for this corrupt, morally bankrupt, disfunctional, state and modern American 'culture'. Your flag waving and your childish ideals are bull****. Nobody cares, least of all in Washington. They never did. They love guys like you. You sustain this system of kleptocracy and theft. And you provide them with the next generation of tax livestock and human sacrifice. All while waving their flag and talking about how great and noble it all is.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:06   #69
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
I don't hide behind a real wall of patriotism, let alone a fake one. I'm pretty up front about my contempt for this corrupt, morally bankrupt, disfunctional, state and modern American 'culture'. Your flag waving and your childish ideals are bull****. Nobody cares, least of all in Washington. They never did. They love guys like you. You sustain this system of kleptocracy and theft. And you provide them with the next generation of tax livestock and human sacrifice. All while waving their flag and talking about how great and noble it all is.
You sound just like Cindy Sheehan from Code Pink.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06   #70
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

If you can't see that, then maybe you should move to another country?

Hell JB, I didn't have to move to find myself in another country.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08   #71
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
You sound just like Cindy Sheehan from Code Pink.
Nice ad hom. No substance, eh? You sound just like Derek Vinyard prior to his rude awakening.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:10   #72
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
If the Confederate Flag is about "Heritage" as you'd probably claim... what is this one about? Wouldn't the bastardization of two flags together be disrespectful to both?

Maybe you should get it autographed by Ted Nugent, and figure out a way to get some digital camo in there... then fly it upside down.
The Gadsden flag represents the spirit of the men that founded this country. The Confederate flag represents the men that try to keep that spirit alive. A fitting combo.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21   #73
hogfish
Señor Member

I would hope that, even while we may not run this country in a way that would please everyone (or even follow The Constitution) that there would be some unreasonable, instinctive, illogical...I don't know...something in our core, that would make us love this country and, by consequence, the symbols that represent it, regardless of who's handling it's reins. It seems to me that there should be 'something' we hold dear for us to be considered a nation.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33   #74
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
I would hope that, even while we may not run this country in a way that would please everyone (or even follow The Constitution) that there would be some unreasonable, instinctive, illogical...I don't know...something in our core, that would make us love this country and, by consequence, the symbols that represent it, regardless of who's handling it's reins. It seems to me that there should be 'something' we hold dear for us to be considered a nation.
There is and it's called freedom.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:41   #75
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
There is and it's called freedom.
You well know that everyone has their own definition of "freedom". These threads are mostly about some wanting the government to limit other's freedoms, so this is something that we (unfortunately) don't have in common.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 06-23-2013, 09:54   #76
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
®

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
LOL! You WILL fly JB's version of the flag, or he'll send his minions overto clarify what freedom really means!!
Oh no, not the soulless minions of orthodoxy
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03   #77
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
...and use government services/programs/infrastructure... while complaining about them.
+1 .

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05   #78
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
®

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
You well know that everyone has their own definition of "freedom". These threads are mostly about some wanting the government to limit other's freedoms, so this is something that we (unfortunately) don't have in common.
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:37   #79
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
I definitely don't have a degree in communication, but I'll try to clear it up.

What are you scratching your head about?

Old 06-23-2013, 12:16   #80
BORNGEARHEAD

Last verse:

BORNGEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flag, flag etiquette