Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-22-2013, 15:22   #41
Texanmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Political Issues

I'll be flying this one.
If the Confederate Flag is about "Heritage" as you'd probably claim... what is this one about? Wouldn't the bastardization of two flags together be disrespectful to both?

Maybe you should get it autographed by Ted Nugent, and figure out a way to get some digital camo in there... then fly it upside down.
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 15:26   #42
Texanmile

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=HO+22469&ct=e

The NRA sells a Gadsen flag with "NRA" on it. What's next... an American Flag upside down with "NRA" on it?

Give me a break...

Last edited by Texanmile; 06-22-2013 at 15:30..
Old 06-22-2013, 15:29   #43
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Political Issues
This is what I will fly this year in honor of a dear friend who recently died. US Army 1936-1946.
Old 06-22-2013, 15:31   #44
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Flying a government's flag indicates support for it in the minds of everyone. You might have your special, unique-as-a-snowflake feelings when you fly it, but that's exactly the opposite of the message that you actually convey, which is conformity and acceptance. Now, some posters here are veritable machines for conformity and acceptance, and it seems entirely appropriate for them -- but some of you are not, and need to think twice about what you are doing (although it looks like most already have).

The universally understood meaning of a symbol is defined by the people who are using it for power over others. I'm betting most people here don't fly a swastika, and the reason for that has nothing to do with the "original meaning" that lasted for thousands of years.
That right there might be the problem: using the flag for purposes other than to represent '...the country for which it stands.' Nothing wrong with disagreeing with what our 'elected officials' are doing, unless you don't believe in the democratic process (which would not be very American).

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 15:55   #45
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
That right there might be the problem: using the flag for purposes other than to represent '...the country for which it stands.' Nothing wrong with disagreeing with what our 'elected officials' are doing, unless you don't believe in the democratic process (which would not be very American).
Not necessarily. I find it very American to disagree with the democratic process. A democratic process can limit the rights of the individual, whereas in a republic the same is not possible. For example, in a democracy ninety-nine people can vote to murder the hundredth, and with impunity.

That's why I favor other folks wanting to fly traditional flags not associated with our current federal government. They all represent various uniquely American political views, and many of them represent individual liberty much more than the federal colors.
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 16:13   #46
railfancwb

"A republic if you can keep it, ma'am." Ben Franklin

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How’s that again? I missed something.

"Autocracy is based on the assumption that one man is wiser than a million men. Let’s play that over again, too. Who decides?" Robert A Heinlein
Old 06-22-2013, 16:22   #47
railfancwb

First time I've seen this flag...

Attachment 234113

Last edited by railfancwb; 11-16-2013 at 22:59..
railfancwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 16:44   #48
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Not necessarily. I find it very American to disagree with the democratic process. A democratic process can limit the rights of the individual, whereas in a republic the same is not possible. For example, in a democracy ninety-nine people can vote to murder the hundredth, and with impunity.

That's why I favor other folks wanting to fly traditional flags not associated with our current federal government. They all represent various uniquely American political views, and many of them represent individual liberty much more than the federal colors.
Whatever process was outlined in The Constitution, along with The Bill Of Rights (which ARE part of said document) and the 9th Amendment (which happens to be in 'both'). You are right to write "Not necessarily." I don't absolutely believe in absolutes, unless I do.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 06-22-2013, 16:54   #49
Chronos

The first American virtue involves throwing off your oppressors, no matter their claim to the "legitimacy" of ruling over you -- ancient justifications be damned.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 17:16   #50
hogfish
Señor Member

"Downpressor man, where you gonna run to?"

Old 06-22-2013, 17:44   #51
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
I'll be flying mine up-side-down for at least the next 3 years.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 17:52   #52
Ramjet38
SONS OF LIBERTY

I will be flying Old Glory and the first Navy Jack underneith.
Old 06-22-2013, 17:53   #53
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Dont knock it til ya try it...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
'splains why you drive a Dodge
Attached Thumbnails
Political Issues - Click for larger version  
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:25   #54
Texanmile

I have actually seen a Gadsen flag flying once over top of an American Flag... that bothered me.
Old 06-22-2013, 18:27   #55
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Here is where all things differ.

What would TR say today. Remember, Washington, Jefferson and the rest of the boys would be considered domestic terrorists today. Would TR really think O, W and nearly every president and member of congress has been loyal to the American people for the past 30+ years?

As for the flag; hard to tell. For the past 5 years I've lived in my current home, only two folks few anything. Me and Jerry the retired marine. The folks across the street had their oldest go into the marines and now they fly an american and marine flag most days. The only days they don't is when its taken in for the night and someone forgets to put it out the next day.

I have had some neighbors question and mildly complain about the flags I've flown over the years.

This said, I've had two flags stolen. They weren't burned in the driveway, ripped to shreads...they are just gone. These weren't weather related events either. One was stolen last year on a summer's day. The second was 2 years ago around 8-9 at night; its not lit but it was still sun up.

Last edited by pugman; 06-22-2013 at 18:27..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:37   #56
wrenrj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Been flying the Bonnie Blue for years.

Political Issues

and wearing this cap

Political Issues

Doc44
I wish my state's flag looked good on a hat...
Old 06-22-2013, 19:57   #57
eb07
Sharkin'

I am gonna fly a Mexican flag in preparation for our new overlords taking over by sheer numbers in a decade or so.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 19:57   #58
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post
I have actually seen a Gadsen flag flying once over top of an American Flag... that bothered me.
Politicians and bureaucrats love guys like you. You ensure their life of ease, free of the worries of production and economy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 00:01   #59
TreverSlyFox

Political Issues

This 13 Star Flag is flying out side my door every day and has been for the past 14 years, it will be flying on the 4th of July just as it has been.
Old 06-23-2013, 00:21   #60
akroguy

I flew this one since O'vomit slithered his slimy carcass into the White House.

It finally had to be retired...tattered and battered...much like our Republic.

Political Issues

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flag, flag etiquette