SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-22-2013, 17:44   #51
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
I'll be flying mine up-side-down for at least the next 3 years.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 17:52   #52
Ramjet38
SONS OF LIBERTY

I will be flying Old Glory and the first Navy Jack underneith.
Old 06-22-2013, 17:53   #53
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Dont knock it til ya try it...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
'splains why you drive a Dodge
Attached Thumbnails
Political Issues - Click for larger version  
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:25   #54
Texanmile

I have actually seen a Gadsen flag flying once over top of an American Flag... that bothered me.
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:27   #55
pugman

Quote:
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Here is where all things differ.

What would TR say today. Remember, Washington, Jefferson and the rest of the boys would be considered domestic terrorists today. Would TR really think O, W and nearly every president and member of congress has been loyal to the American people for the past 30+ years?

As for the flag; hard to tell. For the past 5 years I've lived in my current home, only two folks few anything. Me and Jerry the retired marine. The folks across the street had their oldest go into the marines and now they fly an american and marine flag most days. The only days they don't is when its taken in for the night and someone forgets to put it out the next day.

I have had some neighbors question and mildly complain about the flags I've flown over the years.

This said, I've had two flags stolen. They weren't burned in the driveway, ripped to shreads...they are just gone. These weren't weather related events either. One was stolen last year on a summer's day. The second was 2 years ago around 8-9 at night; its not lit but it was still sun up.

Last edited by pugman; 06-22-2013 at 18:27..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:37   #56
wrenrj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Been flying the Bonnie Blue for years.

Political Issues

and wearing this cap

Political Issues

Doc44
I wish my state's flag looked good on a hat...
Old 06-22-2013, 19:57   #57
eb07
Sharkin'

I am gonna fly a Mexican flag in preparation for our new overlords taking over by sheer numbers in a decade or so.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 19:57   #58
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post
I have actually seen a Gadsen flag flying once over top of an American Flag... that bothered me.
Politicians and bureaucrats love guys like you. You ensure their life of ease, free of the worries of production and economy.

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 00:01   #59
TreverSlyFox

Political Issues

This 13 Star Flag is flying out side my door every day and has been for the past 14 years, it will be flying on the 4th of July just as it has been.
Old 06-23-2013, 00:21   #60
akroguy

I flew this one since O'vomit slithered his slimy carcass into the White House.

It finally had to be retired...tattered and battered...much like our Republic.

Political Issues

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:34   #61
Texanmile

A lot of men and women fought and died against enemies of this nation under the flag. Many were covered in the flag. And many rest in honored peace under it today. They gave you the right to fly it upside down or even burn it if you want to.

You guys are free to disrespect it all you want... even over petty politics. But... you're pretty much a joke to me.
Texanmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23   #62
JBnTX
None

Quote:
A lot of men and women fought and died against enemies of this nation under the flag. Many were covered in the flag. And many rest in honored peace under it today. They gave you the right to fly it upside down or even burn it if you want to.

You guys are free to disrespect it all you want... even over petty politics. But... you're pretty much a joke to me.
Many of the posters here disrespect the American flag and what it stands for. They place a higher priority on making a feeble political statement that's hidden behind the disguise of patriotism.

They think that if they "quote" the constitution and the founding fathers, then people will accept their selfish dribble and not criticize them.

They think they can condemn the government but not the country, the same way the anti war protesters pretend to support the troops but not their mission.

They don't get it both ways. Either you support this country by flying the proper American flag, or you don't.

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-23-2013 at 04:42..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:57   #63
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post

I'll be flying mine up-side-down for at least the next 3 years.
The American flag does NOT represent the Obama administration.

It represents this great country, it's history, culture, traditions, freedom and the brave men and women who died defending it.

Do you have a problem with that?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51   #64
ModGlock17

Quote:
The American flag does NOT represent the Obama administration.

It represents this great country, it's history, culture, traditions, freedom and the brave men and women who died defending it.

For those who'd disagree with you, here's an option http://s490.photobucket.com/user/acr...SSO13.jpg.html

LOL
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38   #65
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

So, to untangle this web of twisted, statist logic:

Men and woman fought the "enemies of this nation" (like the Iraqis who plotted 9/11, or the Serbs who threatened my homestead) and in doing so "gave" me my right to fly or not fly the flag of my choosing? "Gave" me this right... Meanwhile the IRS, NSA, ATF, TSA and a host of other three letter agencies run rampant over the rights that matter and we have both the highest incarceration rate and corporate tax rate in the world - no, sir, the joke's on you, and your high school civics level understanding as to how this country is managed and operated.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:41   #66
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

Yes.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:48   #67
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
So, to untangle this web of twisted, statist logic:

Men and woman fought the "enemies of this nation" (like the Iraqis who plotted 9/11, or the Serbs who threatened my homestead) and in doing so "gave" me my right to fly or not fly the flag of my choosing? "Gave" me this right... Meanwhile the IRS, NSA, ATF, TSA and a host of other three letter agencies run rampant over the rights that matter and we have both the highest incarceration rate and corporate tax rate in the world - no, sir, the joke's on you, and your high school civics level understanding as to how this country is managed and operated.

NONE of this crap has anything to do with celebrating this country's independence by flying the American flag.

This is what I mean when I accuse guys like you of hiding behind a fake wall of patriotism just so you can throw rocks at this great country and disrespect it's flag and it's people.

The American flag is the flag of the American people, not their government. It should be flown correctly and proudly from every flag pole in this country.

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-23-2013 at 06:53..
Old 06-23-2013, 07:01   #68
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

This is what I mean when I accuse guys like you of hiding behind a fake wall of patriotism just so you can throw rocks at this great country and disrespect it's flag and it's people.

I don't hide behind a real wall of patriotism, let alone a fake one. I'm pretty up front about my contempt for this corrupt, morally bankrupt, disfunctional, state and modern American 'culture'. Your flag waving and your childish ideals are bull****. Nobody cares, least of all in Washington. They never did. They love guys like you. You sustain this system of kleptocracy and theft. And you provide them with the next generation of tax livestock and human sacrifice. All while waving their flag and talking about how great and noble it all is.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:06   #69
JBnTX
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
I don't hide behind a real wall of patriotism, let alone a fake one. I'm pretty up front about my contempt for this corrupt, morally bankrupt, disfunctional, state and modern American 'culture'. Your flag waving and your childish ideals are bull****. Nobody cares, least of all in Washington. They never did. They love guys like you. You sustain this system of kleptocracy and theft. And you provide them with the next generation of tax livestock and human sacrifice. All while waving their flag and talking about how great and noble it all is.
You sound just like Cindy Sheehan from Code Pink.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06   #70
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

If you can't see that, then maybe you should move to another country?

Hell JB, I didn't have to move to find myself in another country.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08   #71
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
You sound just like Cindy Sheehan from Code Pink.
Nice ad hom. No substance, eh? You sound just like Derek Vinyard prior to his rude awakening.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:10   #72
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
If the Confederate Flag is about "Heritage" as you'd probably claim... what is this one about? Wouldn't the bastardization of two flags together be disrespectful to both?

Maybe you should get it autographed by Ted Nugent, and figure out a way to get some digital camo in there... then fly it upside down.
The Gadsden flag represents the spirit of the men that founded this country. The Confederate flag represents the men that try to keep that spirit alive. A fitting combo.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21   #73
hogfish
Señor Member

I would hope that, even while we may not run this country in a way that would please everyone (or even follow The Constitution) that there would be some unreasonable, instinctive, illogical...I don't know...something in our core, that would make us love this country and, by consequence, the symbols that represent it, regardless of who's handling it's reins. It seems to me that there should be 'something' we hold dear for us to be considered a nation.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33   #74
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
I would hope that, even while we may not run this country in a way that would please everyone (or even follow The Constitution) that there would be some unreasonable, instinctive, illogical...I don't know...something in our core, that would make us love this country and, by consequence, the symbols that represent it, regardless of who's handling it's reins. It seems to me that there should be 'something' we hold dear for us to be considered a nation.
There is and it's called freedom.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:41   #75
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
There is and it's called freedom.
You well know that everyone has their own definition of "freedom". These threads are mostly about some wanting the government to limit other's freedoms, so this is something that we (unfortunately) don't have in common.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flag, flag etiquette