Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 21:20   #21
Chronos
Senior Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,985
I'm definitely NOT going to be flying one that has the net effect of empowering every sociopathic politician in the land.
__________________
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 21:37   #22
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
®
 
OldSchool64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In The Danger Zone
Posts: 5,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
If I may make this suggestion........many of us are still feeling patriotic towards the foundational principles of our country, but what this country was......and, what it has become, are not one in the same.

To underscore this belief, I've been flying the "Betsy Ross" 13-star American flag for the past few years. To me, this is stating a belief in the core principles our country was founded upon......but not necessarily supporting the "big government" we are now saddled with.

It's a subtle, but powerful statement......and I will continue to fly the 13-star flag in the foreseable future.

Much better than flying the current flag upside down......

Political Issues
ooc
^^This^^

I don't currently have one of these 13 star flags but been considering it for years...
I agree with hogship's philosophy here.

Last edited by OldSchool64; 06-21-2013 at 21:38..
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 22:56   #23
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,408
LOL! You WILL fly JB's version of the flag, or he'll send his minions over to clarify what freedom really means!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 23:04   #24
Stubudd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kennesaw GA
Posts: 5,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
The government's flag should be a skull and crossbones...
you said it
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 23:16   #25
TxGun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Family ranch in Texas
Posts: 2,306
Personally, I don't think it's that difficult to separate the flag and what it stands for from whatever group of politicians who might be in power at any given time. There are always going to be problems, to varying degrees, with those officials controlling the country. The flag and what it means...what it's supposed to mean...what men and women have died for throughout our history...will always be bigger than the current residents of the D.C power structure. JMO.

Last edited by TxGun; 06-21-2013 at 23:20..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 23:29   #26
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Just make sure it's not hecho en China. Find some made-in-the states colors.
The Chinaman is good 'nuff to buy your debt but not good 'nuff to make your flag?
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 23:44   #27
EOS
Headbanger
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Political Issues

I'll be flying this one.
__________________
Die When You Can Do No More Damage


Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast

Last edited by EOS; 06-21-2013 at 23:44..
EOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 00:58   #28
Blast
'nuff said
 
Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NKY/Cincinnati area
Posts: 21,388


Political Issues

Political Issues

Political Issues

All three have special meaning to me.
Just because a socialist and cronies are running the country into oblivion doesn't mean the Stars and Stripes have changed the original theme.
__________________
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be - Albert Einstein
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:30   #29
Powermwt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 1,030
This is usually how I fly the Flag on the 4th of July.

Political Issues
Powermwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:41   #30
JBnTX
Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,402
The current American flag represents this country.
It is a symbol of freedom that many have died to protect.

To fly any other flag on the 4th of July is an insult to that freedom and those who died to protect it.

Some of you use every opportunity to disrespect and condemn this great country, all in the name of some type of warped sense of patriotism.

You constantly ridicule the government, the people and now you disrespect the flag. You use the constitution as a weapon to beat up on your own country.

There are posters here who've NEVER had anything positive to say about this great country, yet they call people like me statists, freedom haters, constitution haters and accuse us of loving big government.

I think some of these posters are plants from anti-American groups like Code Pink. They sound just like Cindy Sheehan herself.

This country is always in some type of crisis, yet it always prevails. You've been proven wrong time and time again throughout the entire history of this country.

And you're wrong this time.

That flag does NOT represent what's wrong with this country, it represents what's right with this country. If you can't see that, then maybe you should move to another country?

Please show some respect for your own country on the 4th of July and fly the proper American flag.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 06-22-2013 at 04:49..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:52   #31
71Commander
Senior Member
 
71Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tennessee & Michigan
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Ima fly my rainbow flag.:D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Political Issues
__________________
US Army 1970-72
USPSA CRO
Patriot Guard rider
NRA member
71Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:56   #32
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic
 
3rdgen40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Commander View Post
Political Issues
Dont knock it til ya try it...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
BIG BORE FAN
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57   #33
71Commander
Senior Member
 
71Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tennessee & Michigan
Posts: 1,506
From my 1st Patriot Guard mission in 05.

Political Issues
__________________
US Army 1970-72
USPSA CRO
Patriot Guard rider
NRA member
71Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:14   #34
71Commander
Senior Member
 
71Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tennessee & Michigan
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen40 View Post
Dont knock it til ya try it...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Political Issues
__________________
US Army 1970-72
USPSA CRO
Patriot Guard rider
NRA member
71Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:29   #35
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because you may disagree with the current condition of this country is no reason to disrespect the American flag.
I agree.


Just because the government is presently occupied by feckless morons, that is no reason to dismiss the country.
The country is much larger that that pack of fools and morons.

We could improve things a helluva lot simply by insisting on TERM LIMITS, folks.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28   #36
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
...and use government services/programs/infrastructure... while complaining about them.
...and enforce government monopolies on those "service"....at gunpoint...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31   #37
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Just because the government is presently occupied by feckless morons, that is no reason to dismiss the country.
Presently? When was it not occupied by seemingly feckless morons?

(I say "seemingly" because in fact, they are not feckless morons. These guys know exactly what they are doing and, as such, they will never have to work a day in their lives. Nor will their children or grandchildren.)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:39   #38
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,829
Blog Entries: 1


Handwringing is so becoming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 13:24   #39
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
+1...One flag.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 14:39   #40
Chronos
Senior Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,985
Flying a government's flag indicates support for it in the minds of everyone. You might have your special, unique-as-a-snowflake feelings when you fly it, but that's exactly the opposite of the message that you actually convey, which is conformity and acceptance. Now, some posters here are veritable machines for conformity and acceptance, and it seems entirely appropriate for them -- but some of you are not, and need to think twice about what you are doing (although it looks like most already have).

The universally understood meaning of a symbol is defined by the people who are using it for power over others. I'm betting most people here don't fly a swastika, and the reason for that has nothing to do with the "original meaning" that lasted for thousands of years.
__________________
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?

Last edited by Chronos; 06-22-2013 at 14:40..
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
flag, flag etiquette
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:53.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,187
374 Members
813 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31