GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 17:32   #1
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,208
Independence Day......choice of the flag to fly.

If I may make this suggestion........many of us are still feeling patriotic towards the foundational principles of our country, but what this country was......and, what it has become, are not one in the same.

To underscore this belief, I've been flying the "Betsy Ross" 13-star American flag for the past few years. To me, this is stating a belief in the core principles our country was founded upon......but not necessarily supporting the "big government" we are now saddled with.

It's a subtle, but powerful statement......and I will continue to fly the 13-star flag in the foreseable future.

Much better than flying the current flag upside down......

Political Issues

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 17:53   #2
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Political Issues

I'll be flying this one.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 17:58   #3
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!
 
thetoastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: One Nation, Under Surveillance
Posts: 5,274
Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
Just make sure it's not hecho en China. Find some made-in-the states colors.
__________________
This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense,
The sword is more important than the shield,
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 18:01   #4
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Just make sure it's not hecho en China. Find some made-in-the states colors.
Might as well go with a Chinese one since Americans will be blasting off fireworks made in China to celebrate their dependence.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 18:04   #5
railfancwb
Senior Member
 
railfancwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Tennessee TN
Posts: 4,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Might as well go with a Chinese one since Americans will be blasting off fireworks made in China to celebrate their dependence.
Harbor Freight sells made in China USA flags with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. One state in which they have stores does not allow this flag to be sold.
__________________
"Never give to your friend any power that your enemy may some day inherit." -- Paul Weyrich
railfancwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 18:12   #6
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic
 
3rdgen40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,208
Ima fly my rainbow flag.:D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
BIG BORE FAN
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 19:38   #7
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen
 
SpectreRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoFla... want to move to America.
Posts: 929
Same as every day, a Gadsden flag.



Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more. -neil peart
What too many in America are missing is a sense of personal responsibility. -me
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 19:45   #8
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 14,865
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 19:49   #9
wrenrj1
Senior Member
 
wrenrj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Huskerville
Posts: 10,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

[/I]
Yep, 50 states, thirteen stripes. What I swore to defend.
__________________
We are told by our government NOT to judge Muslims by the actions of a few crazies. We are also told by this same government TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.
wrenrj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 19:54   #10
Diesel_Bomber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

JBnTX and I disagree on many things. This is not one of them. 50 stars and 13 stripes will be flown at the Bomber household, just like the rest of the year.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Diesel_Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 19:56   #11
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Americans fly the current American flag. Period.

Balderdash.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:00   #12
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!
 
thetoastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: One Nation, Under Surveillance
Posts: 5,274
Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Harbor Freight sells made in China USA flags with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. One state in which they have stores does not allow this flag to be sold.
California, perchance?

As for flags, I'll fly whatever I please, and I'm partial to the Bonnie Blue.
__________________
This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense,
The sword is more important than the shield,
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:01   #13
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 14,865
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:04   #14
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 14,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post

Balderdash.
Just because you may disagree with the current condition of this country is no reason to disrespect the American flag.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:08   #15
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,075
Blog Entries: 1


I fly the current flag. I may add a 2nd flag in the near future (tossing around which one).
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:09   #16
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,596
99 out of 100 of you will end up flying the government's flag. It's a function of normalcy bias, and the attraction to that which is familiar. It's also the path of least resistance. It is intellectually comfortable and requires little of you.

Just as you will eat the government's chemically soaked food, drink the government's hormone laden milk, send your children to the govenment's schools, use the government's loans to buy houses in the government's subdivisions, support the government's agents, and vote for the government's politicians.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:17   #17
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,075
Blog Entries: 1


...and use government services/programs/infrastructure... while complaining about them.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:18   #18
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because you may disagree with the current condition of this country is no reason to disrespect the American flag.
You presume too much.

It's no act of disrespect to fly Betsy Ross's flag on the 4th, nor Old Glory on 12/7, nor the Star Spangled Banner in September.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 20:27   #19
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
99 out of 100 of you will end up flying the government's flag. It's a function of normalcy bias, and the attraction to that which is familiar. It's also the path of least resistance. It is intellectually comfortable and requires little of you.

Just as you will eat the government's chemically soaked food, drink the government's hormone laden milk, send your children to the govenment's schools, use the government's loans to buy houses in the government's subdivisions, support the government's agents, and vote for the government's politicians.
The government's flag should be a skull and crossbones...
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 21:11   #20
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
California, perchance?

As for flags, I'll fly whatever I please, and I'm partial to the Bonnie Blue.
Been flying the Bonnie Blue for years.

Political Issues

and wearing this cap

Political Issues

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
flag, flag etiquette
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:27.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,250
366 Members
884 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31