SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2013, 19:32   #176
GoBigOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
"I looked up because it sounded like thunder. I kept looking trying to figure out what it was. And that's when I saw a flare come off the water. The flare, trailing orange flame, shot up roughly at a 45 degree angle, then rapidly increased its angle of ascent. Then it appeared to strike something. This was the strangest thing I ever saw. Everyone calls it a 'missile theory,' but when you see something, you know what you see, and I
didn't see a 'theory'."
- Tom Dougherty, Flight 800 eye-witness; interviewed on Hard Copy, 1996

This highlights the problem with accepting eyewitness testimony. After he heard the explosion and then looked up, he couldn't possibly have seen the missile going up to shoot down the plane. It defies physical reality.
I'm assuming the noise that he is referring to was not the sound of the explosion but rather the sound of the presumed missile.
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:33   #177
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
It was not one locked on missile, it was two. Warheads did not detonate, but went through the plane, tearing it open.

One of the comments that was posted by a NTSB official that didn't get blocked was ["quote]We have an incoming hole, and an outgoing hole"[/quote]

The Okie Corral

Good read.

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:37   #178
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

here we go again...

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/leda.htm
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:38   #179
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
I'm assuming the noise that he is referring to was not the sound of the explosion but rather the sound of the presumed missile.
When he saw it he was walking out of a restaurant on Long Island. So I doubt he heard a missile launch and looked up to see it streaking toward the plane. A much more logical explanation would be he heard the plane explode (which happened several seconds prior to anything he could have seen), looked up and saw the aftermath.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:41   #180
Booker

Quote:
"I looked up because it sounded like thunder. I kept looking trying to figure out what it was. And that's when I saw a flare come off the water. The flare, trailing orange flame, shot up roughly at a 45 degree angle, then rapidly increased its angle of ascent. Then it appeared to strike something. This was the strangest thing I ever saw. Everyone calls it a 'missile theory,' but when you see something, you know what you see, and I
didn't see a 'theory'."
- Tom Dougherty, Flight 800 eye-witness; interviewed on Hard Copy, 1996

This highlights the problem with accepting eyewitness testimony. After he heard the explosion and then looked up, he couldn't possibly have seen the missile going up to shoot down the plane. It defies physical reality.
Would a missile launch cause the sound he heard? He never said he heard the sound of a missile hitting the plane.
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:44   #181
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
Would a missile launch cause the sound he heard? He never said he heard the sound of a missile hitting the plane.
No not from where he was standing and where the "missile" was supposedly launched from.
Old 06-19-2013, 19:49   #182
ArtyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Roswell? UFOs????

Where is my father-in-law and what have you done with him?
Old 06-19-2013, 19:50   #183
Restless28

Quote:
So, I don't have a strong opinion either way. I don't trust our government(especially in light of the most recent events) but that doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist.

That being said, I honestly have no idea what really happened but I'd like to know why you are so convinced that all the eyewitness accounts are wrong.

Seriously, why are you so butthurt just because some people in this thread refuse to accept what the government tells us?
No butthurt here. AK and others have experience and knowledge and most here won't listen.

Frankly, its a sign of the GT culture, which ain't what it used to be since several have left or passed away. What has filled the void is crap.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:55   #184
GoBigOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
No butthurt here. AK and others have experience and knowledge and most here won't listen.

Frankly, its a sign of the GT culture, which ain't what it used to be since several have left or passed away. What has filled the void is crap.
So, you didn't answer my question. How do you explain all the eyewitness accounts? I certainly agree that AK brings up some great flaws in theory of it being a missile.

What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:04   #185
Restless28

Quote:
So, you didn't answer my question. How do you explain all the eyewitness accounts? I certainly agree that AK brings up some great flaws in theory of it being a missile.

What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?
The accounts are as credible as Bigfoot sightings.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:08   #186
czsmithGT

Quote:
The accounts are as credible as Bigfoot sightings.
Hey- don't drag bigfeets, mothmen and reptillians into this! Next you will be disrespecting Nessie.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:08   #187
raven11

Quote:

" The mind sees what it wants to see." No one has seen a 747 lose its forward half and rapidly ascend while in flames so people associate what they saw to what it resembled - it looked like a missle
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:10   #188
Booker

A lesson learned. If every on jury duty, ignore the eyewitness' and just believe the govt!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:10   #189
Restless28

Quote:
Hey- don't drag bigfeets, mothmen and reptillians into this! Next you will be disrespecting Nessie.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:11   #190
Restless28

Quote:
A lesson learned. If every on jury duty, ignore the eyewitness' and just believe the govt!
You left out physical evidence and expert analysis.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:12   #191
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with the "GT culture', it's the fact that you don't agree with him.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:14   #192
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the "GT culture', it's the fact that you don't agree with him.
Wrong. The dogpile of conspiracy theorists is an example.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:15   #193
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Not from his location. He most likely heard the explosion, and saw the airplane in its death climb as it rolled and climbed before falling into the ocean.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:16   #194
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Wrong. The dogpile of conspiracy theorists is an example.

....so the 747 center fuel tank is perfectly serviceable for millions of flight hours and then one just happens to blow an airframe in two. right
Old 06-19-2013, 20:19   #195
Restless28

Quote:
....so the 747 center fuel tank is perfectly serviceable for millions of flight hours and then one just happens to blow an airframe in two. right
Mechanical stuff fails. I've seen lamp cords that have been fine for years end up shorting out and burning a home.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:22   #196
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Mechanical stuff fails. I've seen lamp cords that have been fine for years end up shorting out and burning a home.

An aircraft fuel system is not just 'something mechanical', escpacially the fuel system on an airframe as large as a 747.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:25   #197
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
An aircraft fuel system is not just 'something mechanical', escpacially the fuel system on an airframe as large as a 747.
The only problem , is the complete lack of evidence that even remotely hints at any other cause.

NTSB says it was a CWT spark, and there isn't even circumstantial evidence that points to another cause.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 06-19-2013, 20:26   #198
raven11

Quote:
The De Havilland Comet flew for a year before they started mysteriously breaking up in flight
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:27   #199
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
The De Havilland Comet flew for a year before they started mysteriously breaking up in flight

True, but nowhere near the flight hours of the 747 before the Flt 800 incident. Andf the design flaw was quicklu found.
Old 06-19-2013, 20:28   #200
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

In his defense though, several failed. In the millions of hours on the 747, we should have seen something similar by now. Even if not catastrophic.

Tags
anti-conspiracy kooks, reynolds heavy duty, truthers lol