GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 19:32   #176
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
"I looked up because it sounded like thunder. I kept looking trying to figure out what it was. And that's when I saw a flare come off the water. The flare, trailing orange flame, shot up roughly at a 45 degree angle, then rapidly increased its angle of ascent. Then it appeared to strike something. This was the strangest thing I ever saw. Everyone calls it a 'missile theory,' but when you see something, you know what you see, and I
didn't see a 'theory'."
- Tom Dougherty, Flight 800 eye-witness; interviewed on Hard Copy, 1996

This highlights the problem with accepting eyewitness testimony. After he heard the explosion and then looked up, he couldn't possibly have seen the missile going up to shoot down the plane. It defies physical reality.
I'm assuming the noise that he is referring to was not the sound of the explosion but rather the sound of the presumed missile.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT76 View Post
That is where the rub is. The anti-gun liberals will never understand being strong enough in your convictions to take a life, or give your own.
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:33   #177
nipperwolf
Senior Member
 
nipperwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IN
Posts: 8,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
It was not one locked on missile, it was two. Warheads did not detonate, but went through the plane, tearing it open.


One of the comments that was posted by a NTSB official that didn't get blocked was ["quote]We have an incoming hole, and an outgoing hole"[/quote]

The Okie Corral

Good read.
__________________
'Assault is a behavior, not a device'

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:37   #178
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
here we go again...

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/leda.htm
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:38   #179
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
I'm assuming the noise that he is referring to was not the sound of the explosion but rather the sound of the presumed missile.
When he saw it he was walking out of a restaurant on Long Island. So I doubt he heard a missile launch and looked up to see it streaking toward the plane. A much more logical explanation would be he heard the plane explode (which happened several seconds prior to anything he could have seen), looked up and saw the aftermath.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:41   #180
Booker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
"I looked up because it sounded like thunder. I kept looking trying to figure out what it was. And that's when I saw a flare come off the water. The flare, trailing orange flame, shot up roughly at a 45 degree angle, then rapidly increased its angle of ascent. Then it appeared to strike something. This was the strangest thing I ever saw. Everyone calls it a 'missile theory,' but when you see something, you know what you see, and I
didn't see a 'theory'."
- Tom Dougherty, Flight 800 eye-witness; interviewed on Hard Copy, 1996

This highlights the problem with accepting eyewitness testimony. After he heard the explosion and then looked up, he couldn't possibly have seen the missile going up to shoot down the plane. It defies physical reality.
Would a missile launch cause the sound he heard? He never said he heard the sound of a missile hitting the plane.
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:44   #181
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
Would a missile launch cause the sound he heard? He never said he heard the sound of a missile hitting the plane.
No not from where he was standing and where the "missile" was supposedly launched from.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:49   #182
ArtyGuy
Senior Member
 
ArtyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Roswell? UFOs????

Where is my father-in-law and what have you done with him?
__________________
The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
ArtyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:50   #183
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
So, I don't have a strong opinion either way. I don't trust our government(especially in light of the most recent events) but that doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist.

That being said, I honestly have no idea what really happened but I'd like to know why you are so convinced that all the eyewitness accounts are wrong.

Seriously, why are you so butthurt just because some people in this thread refuse to accept what the government tells us?
No butthurt here. AK and others have experience and knowledge and most here won't listen.

Frankly, its a sign of the GT culture, which ain't what it used to be since several have left or passed away. What has filled the void is crap.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 19:55   #184
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
No butthurt here. AK and others have experience and knowledge and most here won't listen.

Frankly, its a sign of the GT culture, which ain't what it used to be since several have left or passed away. What has filled the void is crap.
So, you didn't answer my question. How do you explain all the eyewitness accounts? I certainly agree that AK brings up some great flaws in theory of it being a missile.

What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT76 View Post
That is where the rub is. The anti-gun liberals will never understand being strong enough in your convictions to take a life, or give your own.
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:04   #185
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
So, you didn't answer my question. How do you explain all the eyewitness accounts? I certainly agree that AK brings up some great flaws in theory of it being a missile.

What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?
The accounts are as credible as Bigfoot sightings.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:08   #186
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
The accounts are as credible as Bigfoot sightings.
Hey- don't drag bigfeets, mothmen and reptillians into this! Next you will be disrespecting Nessie.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:08   #187
raven11
Senior Member
 
raven11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
So, you didn't answer my question. How do you explain all the eyewitness accounts? I certainly agree that AK brings up some great flaws in theory of it being a missile.

What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?
" The mind sees what it wants to see." No one has seen a 747 lose its forward half and rapidly ascend while in flames so people associate what they saw to what it resembled - it looked like a missle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by oISHUTupNrocKIo View Post
He's actually wrong, after 8-9 shots with a 9mm bullet, you actually get a text on your phone saying "You are being shot at by a 9mm, don't worry, just ignore him and walk away."
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:10   #188
Booker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,874
A lesson learned. If every on jury duty, ignore the eyewitness' and just believe the govt!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:10   #189
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Hey- don't drag bigfeets, mothmen and reptillians into this! Next you will be disrespecting Nessie.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:11   #190
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
A lesson learned. If every on jury duty, ignore the eyewitness' and just believe the govt!
You left out physical evidence and expert analysis.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:12   #191
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
What exactly in this thread shows a problem with GT culture? The fact that people don't accept the original explanation?


There is nothing wrong with the "GT culture', it's the fact that you don't agree with him.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:14   #192
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the "GT culture', it's the fact that you don't agree with him.
Wrong. The dogpile of conspiracy theorists is an example.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:15   #193
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
Would a missile launch cause the sound he heard? He never said he heard the sound of a missile hitting the plane.
Not from his location. He most likely heard the explosion, and saw the airplane in its death climb as it rolled and climbed before falling into the ocean.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:16   #194
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Wrong. The dogpile of conspiracy theorists is an example.



....so the 747 center fuel tank is perfectly serviceable for millions of flight hours and then one just happens to blow an airframe in two. right
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:19   #195
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
....so the 747 center fuel tank is perfectly serviceable for millions of flight hours and then one just happens to blow an airframe in two. right
Mechanical stuff fails. I've seen lamp cords that have been fine for years end up shorting out and burning a home.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:22   #196
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Mechanical stuff fails. I've seen lamp cords that have been fine for years end up shorting out and burning a home.

An aircraft fuel system is not just 'something mechanical', escpacially the fuel system on an airframe as large as a 747.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:25   #197
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
An aircraft fuel system is not just 'something mechanical', escpacially the fuel system on an airframe as large as a 747.
The only problem , is the complete lack of evidence that even remotely hints at any other cause.


NTSB says it was a CWT spark, and there isn't even circumstantial evidence that points to another cause.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:26   #198
raven11
Senior Member
 
raven11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
....so the 747 center fuel tank is perfectly serviceable for millions of flight hours and then one just happens to blow an airframe in two. right
The De Havilland Comet flew for a year before they started mysteriously breaking up in flight
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by oISHUTupNrocKIo View Post
He's actually wrong, after 8-9 shots with a 9mm bullet, you actually get a text on your phone saying "You are being shot at by a 9mm, don't worry, just ignore him and walk away."
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:27   #199
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
The De Havilland Comet flew for a year before they started mysteriously breaking up in flight

True, but nowhere near the flight hours of the 747 before the Flt 800 incident. Andf the design flaw was quicklu found.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 20:28   #200
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,170
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
In his defense though, several failed. In the millions of hours on the 747, we should have seen something similar by now. Even if not catastrophic.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
anti-conspiracy kooks, reynolds heavy duty, truthers lol
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 714
174 Members
540 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42