Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2013, 13:39   #126
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon1 View Post
Are you implying that everyone on the ship would be on deck at the time of a missile launch?
Of course not, why would they need to be?

A ship is a floating can, and there is no way to launch a super-sonic ballistic missile from a destroyer or cruiser without EVERYONE on the ship hearing it and knowing exactly what was just launched.

From that point on, all it takes is a bit of common sense to put two and two together. "Hmmm, we launched a missile on the night Flight 800 blew up and we did so just two minutes before that plane went down..."

Nobody has done that because no Navy ships were in the area firing missiles at the time, and if one was, there's no way in hell the Navy could possibly keep all 350+ crew-members quiet about it for long.

Remember, this is the same government that couldn't even keep Monica's blue dress under wraps.
Old 06-19-2013, 13:45   #127
PocketProtector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
How does one "cover up" a ship-borne missile launch that would have to have been witnessed by at least 350 Navy crew-members, most of them 18 and 19 year old kids?
Pensions.....Pensions.
Old 06-19-2013, 13:50   #128
mixflip

So was the missile shot by Muslim extremist terrorists? Or was it a false flag operation to drum up fear to solidify our defense budget? Thats the real question.
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:02   #129
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
.......anything else is just a bunch of conspiracy theories espoused by tin-foil hat wearing nut-jobs.......
....who were sexually abused as children, had their butt kicked by a bureaucrat, or had their wife\girlfriend stolen by a bureaucrat.

"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics
P99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:08   #130
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon1 View Post
Are you implying that everyone on the ship would be on deck at the time of a missile launch?
Ship would be secured at General Quarters, then a missile fired.

Makes a bit of noise.... Hard to get away without someone knowing it happened.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:13   #131
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
Pensions.....Pensions.
So all the sailors on board have stayed in long enough or are planning to stay long enough to collect a pension? Not one of them got out and isn't getting anything?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:15   #132
fiveoboy01

Quote:
Of course not, why would they need to be?

A ship is a floating can, and there is no way to launch a super-sonic ballistic missile from a destroyer or cruiser without EVERYONE on the ship hearing it and knowing exactly what was just launched.

From that point on, all it takes is a bit of common sense to put two and two together. "Hmmm, we launched a missile on the night Flight 800 blew up and we did so just two minutes before that plane went down..."

Nobody has done that because no Navy ships were in the area firing missiles at the time, and if one was, there's no way in hell the Navy could possibly keep all 350+ crew-members quiet about it for long.

Remember, this is the same government that couldn't even keep Monica's blue dress under wraps.
Of course they could, just ask PW about the thousands involved in the 9/11 conspiracy... they've maintained their silence for over a decade...
Rimfire Club #6923
Walther Club #310
Niners Club #8989
fiveoboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:16   #133
fiveoboy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
So all the sailors on board have stayed in long enough or are planning to stay long enough to collect a pension? Not one of them got out and isn't getting anything?
Whackos don't like logic. Stop that.
Rimfire Club #6923
Walther Club #310
Niners Club #8989
fiveoboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:17   #134
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Philippine Airlines Flight 143 exploded due to a fuel tank explosion caused by a wiring issue. It was a 737 (and on the ground) but the principle is the same.

Avianca Flight 203 (a 727) was destroyed by a fuel tank explosion precipitated by an on-board bomb, but there was said to be no evidence at all of an on board bomb explosion on TWA 800.
To be clear, I am not saying that FLT 800 was blown up by a terrorist bomb. My thoughts on this are more a curiosity based on some outside factors than a conspiracy theory.

I find it interesting that Yousef's Phillipine Airlines attack, which was a test run for a simultaneous attacks on over a dozen airliners, focused on the center fuel tank, and occurred in relatively close proximity (1995) to the FLT 800 incident (1996) .

Yousef also attempted to blow up two US flights in midair the same year, but his plan fell through when his co-conspirator, who had the assembled suitcase bombs at the airport, got cold feet.

Several months after these failed attempts, a US airliner blows up in midair, due to an explosion in the center fuel tank (which is still a very rare type of accident, even with your examples).

It may very well be nothing more than a coincidence. And absent evidence of an on board explosion, that is all it will ever be. I do not think that the FBI or NTSB would have covered up that evidence had it been found, but from past experience, the FBI is not quick to back off on a theory once it sinks its teeth into it (Richard Jewell and Stephen Hatfill, for example).

I'll just say that despite the phenomenal forensic job that was done to piece this accident together, the catastrophic destruction of the aircraft and the scope and nature of the debris field put it within the realm of possibility that some evidence was not recovered.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 06-19-2013, 14:19   #135
CAcop

I could buy a terrorist bomb on board if there was good irrefutable evidence.

A MANPAD by a terrorist could have happened but it would have been a very lucky shot. They would have been better off firing it off from within a short distance of an airport. Why go through the effort of getting into a boat and trying to line up nearly exactly with the flight path when you can crank one off on land near an airport and hop into car and get lost in the largest metro area in the US?

Launching a missile off a Navy vessel is just impossible. The only way you can think it is possible is of you shut off your brain.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 06-19-2013, 14:23   #136
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
The problem, is that I am objective.

It wasn't a MANPAD, and the only system in the neighborhood that could have made that shot, was a USN Ticonderoga class Guided Missile Cruiser, and if she'd fired a missile that night, there would have been about 364 crew members who'd have known exactly what happened.

Six guys, out of how many investigators, came up with this, and they waited till they retired to spill the beans?

No, they're looking to cash in. If they'd really known something, they'd have quit their jobs and said it long ago.
Common sense wins the day..

Were they lead investigators ? Or, guys picking through scraps ..

Vetting is in order.
Old 06-19-2013, 14:27   #137
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
The AEIGS defense missile system was being tested at that time off Long Island. The missile that hit the plane was supposed to be the missile that was to be shot down, but instead it hit the plane.

No way the US Government could allow that to be revealed, thus the cover-up.

Pretty simple explanation.

But, of course, the government never lies, especially when it comes to military self defense issues regarding national security.
Remember kids..don't use drugs..
Old 06-19-2013, 14:29   #138
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

What difference, if any between A-10 and 747 rims?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:40   #139
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
And so why wouldnt location of a warhead (or any explosive) change the outcome?
Simple explanation from my training using explosives.

Explosives INSiDE something blow it out look for outward damage... Explosives outside something cut it and cause push damage , not blowing stuff to smithereens ...

It's physics. When you contain an explosive and let it build pressure it blows out the vessel at the weak points, blowing it apart..
It takes a very large high explosive detonation to cut and displace metal from the outside ..

Look at the pictures you can slearly see where the skin of the plane toward the cabin is blown out from the structure along seams, indicating a non HE detonation of something like a fuel tank. The real evidence in this case shows any investigator that claims a missile too be an incompetent boob.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 06-19-2013 at 14:56..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 14:50   #140
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Simple explanation from my training using explosives.

Explosives INSiDE something blow it out look for outward damage... Explosives outside something cut it and cause push damage , not blowing stuff to smithereens ...

It's physics. When you contain an explosive and let it build pressure it blows out the vessel at the weak points, blowing it apart..
It takes a very large high explosive detonation to cut and displace metal from the outside ..
And to head off the next question AA missles don't hit the target they explode in proximity hoping the blast and shrapnel cause enough damage .
Old 06-19-2013, 14:56   #141
XshooterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
What difference, if any between A-10 and 747 rims?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
A-10 rims don't be choppin' like 747 do.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
XshooterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:01   #142
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
The first test flight of a SM-3, the anti ballistic missile missile, wasn't till 99.
No one said is it was the SM-3.

But thanks for the straw man!!

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:05   #143
Glocksanity

Quote:
How does one "cover up" a ship-borne missile launch that would have to have been witnessed by at least 350 Navy crew-members, most of them 18 and 19 year old kids?
What makes you think the dummy test missile came from that type of ship?

As to how to cover it up?

Deny it and tell your crew to follow orders. That is how the military works. Pretty simple. National security. blah blah blah.

Are you really that naive?

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:08   #144
countrygun

Quote:
Not sure if I follow you on that one. Nearly every story I've read about Flight 800 has included mention of the eyewitness accounts of streaks. As many others have mentioned, however, these eyewitness accounts are to be expected given the flight pattern of the aircraft after the explosion. The tail-heavy craft was climbing and burning post-explosion until it eventually broke up. Eyewitnesses that heard the explosion would have looked up and seen what appeared to be a streak moving upward in the sky.
Given that light travels faster than sound if it was sound that caused them to look wouldn't it be more probable, that the explosion that created the sound, occurred before the streaks, and may have caused them?

Pretty hard to hear the sound of the explosion and look up to see the missile still on it's way to the target.

More likely the first debris blowing outward and the motion of the plane created the illusion.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:18   #145
Reheater
Yarr

Quote:

You've gotta be ****ting me.... I've got soldiers that can't be trusted to not go to certain bars without being reminded weekly and then they still get caught by the courtesy patrols they know are running...

Yeah "don't any of you sailors talk about at missile we just launched" on something as high profile that a sailor may get to do once or twice in an enlistment is gonna work great. Let alone have bored pissed off 19 year old sailor joe schmuktelo who hates the Navy because they make him clean the head see the news conspiracy about a missile at his ship fired.
Old 06-19-2013, 15:20   #146
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

Deny it and tell your crew to follow orders. That is how the military works. Pretty simple. National security. blah blah blah.

The fact that you use dummy and naive in your post is very appropriate. When I take people's statements I call that foreshadowing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 06-19-2013, 15:34   #147
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:

You have no idea of what you speek.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:36   #148
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:

That's not how the military works at all. Just look at the Wikileaks scandal, the recent testimony about safety issues in the F22 Fighter (where pilots broke ranks with their official orders to openly discuss oxygen system issues in the F22) and a host of other occurances.

Tell a boatload of 18-19 year-old kids to keep their mouths shut about an event so glaringly obvious as a suspect missile launch and you'll get a whole pile of drunken confessions at your next shore leave and a not-so-small number of "anonymous" calls and tips to local and national media.

On your other note, "dummy test missiles" have to be fired from platforms, and one as large as what would be used in an interceptor test can't be shoulder-fired or launched from a small vehicle. Only a ship or a large launch vehicle (the kind that couldn't possibly escape unnoticed on any American freeway) can throw those sort of intermediate ballistic missiles around.
Old 06-19-2013, 15:43   #149
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
You mean the Iran Air flight shot down by the Navy?

You think an entire crew has remained silent?
And when crews on ships say the official line on what happened is not what they saw happen what happens?

A very close relative was on the liberty and his account of what happened is much different than the official version. He also has a purple heart from the attack.

Start with this. Show me any two crew members of the liberty that we re-assigned to the same post.

So please, go on, tell me about how the government can silence / discredit a ships crew. You do realize that once something is classified and "national security" that people are silenced under threat of imprisonment?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 15:47   #150
CAcop

Quote:
And when crews on ships say the official line on what happened is not what they saw happen what happens?

A very close relative was on the liberty and his account of what happened is much different than the official version. He also has a purple heart from the attack.

Start with this. Show me any two crew members of the liberty that we re-assigned to the same post.

So please, go on, tell me about how the government can silence / discredit a ships crew. You do realize that once something is classified and "national security" that people are silenced under threat of imprisonment?
Yeah. That sure stopped that guy working for the NSA.

Tags
anti-conspiracy kooks, reynolds heavy duty, truthers lol