GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2013, 21:41   #26
itstime

A friends wife was w the NTSC at that time and we still argue about that crash. Lol. Knowing she was on the case Ill take the tin hatter side. Just saying.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 21:49   #27
ray9898

I wonder how much these guys got paid for this information they have been sitting on for all these years?
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 22:13   #28
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
...No, they're looking to cash in. If they'd really known something, they'd have quit their jobs and said it long ago.

I agree that this is most likely the case, however let them make fools of themselves. The bigger issue at hand is that there will always be conspiracy theorists who eat this crap up & with all the NSA, Benghazi, etc., ongoing scandals there are those who will swallow this hook, line & sinker.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 22:59   #29
sns3guppy

Quote:
Not many terrorists running around with mobile SAM sites in 1996......
A Mistral was recovered in New Jersey just prior to the shootdown of TWA 800.

Quote:
The rocket motor would have burned out "if" it had reached the aircraft as well and people most likely would not have seen a missile streak.
Hundreds did report it, accurately, and in agreement, but entirely independent sources.

I don't know a single 747 crew member who believes the CWT exploded on its own. There was never anything done or found to support that. Nothing. Every attempt to duplicate the alleged CWT explosion using internal fuels, ignitors, etc, failed. Even efforts to duplicate it using propane gas didn't work.

One crew member whom I know became a crew member on the 747 (recently retired as Captain) after his wife and son were killed in the TWA 800 shootdown. Ask him what he believes. I did.

No ground school instructor, systems instructor, mechanic, pilot, or flight engineer qualified on or serving on that equipment whom I've ever met thinks that it was a CWT explosion based on wiring. It wasn't.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 23:04   #30
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
A Mistral was recovered in New Jersey just prior to the shootdown of TWA 800.

Hundreds did report it, accurately, and in agreement, but entirely independent sources.

I don't know a single 747 crew member who believes the CWT exploded on its own. There was never anything done or found to support that. Nothing. Every attempt to duplicate the alleged CWT explosion using internal fuels, ignitors, etc, failed. Even efforts to duplicate it using propane gas didn't work.

One crew member whom I know became a crew member on the 747 (recently retired as Captain) after his wife and son were killed in the TWA 800 shootdown. Ask him what he believes. I did.

No ground school instructor, systems instructor, mechanic, pilot, or flight engineer qualified on or serving on that equipment whom I've ever met thinks that it was a CWT explosion based on wiring. It wasn't.
Its was an IGLA (SA-18) not a Mistral. Secondly, the SA-18 couldn't have made that hit. And it wasn't till 2003 that the -18 was recovered in Newark.

Secondly, I have no doubt that you know people who think it was shot down.

However, I highly doubt you know anyone who knows much, or as much about MANPADs as I do, who thinks it was shot down with one.

ETA

I'm not saying the airframe was brought down by an explosion caused by a wiring short in the CWT.

I'm simply saying it was not brought down by a MANPAD, or SAM missile, because the evidence that would show that, is sorely missing. Not to mention the engagement profile.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"

Last edited by AK_Stick; 06-18-2013 at 23:09..
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 23:11   #31

I have a close personal friend who's a Fed and actually went and examined the wreckage. He says it was the fuel tank. As long as I've known him he's always been straight up with me and I'll take him at his word.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 23:13   #32
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

`The depths the administration and the left at large is going to right now to cover up all these scandals and have the sheeple look the other way is impressive and disgusting. Propaganda and more propaganda.....Now this....How convenient.

*Suddenly a 17 year old airline crash is re-investigated and some of the "investigators" are ALL OF A SUDDEN coming out and saying it was a "possible terrorist attack" after all? After ALL previous investigations concluded it was a fuel tank rupture?`
LASTRESORT20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 23:44   #33
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

No only prior military experience, but sat on a board that composed the MANPADS mitigation plan for my area.
Bring on the tin hats!

Stick, shaad-up!

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Last edited by TBO; 06-18-2013 at 23:44..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 23:49   #34
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
It does matter because 747s were busy flying since 1969 without center fuel tanks blowing up.
Ramsey Yousef, the guy who tried to blow up the WTC in 1993, also planned and tested a plot to blow up multiple airliners over the Pacific in a plan called "BOJINKA". He devised an explosive device using PETN concealed in a toothpaste tube, and a detonator configured from a casio watch, and tested it on a flight in the Phillipines, where he was living at the time.

He planted the device under the seat he thought was directly over the center fuel tank, (but had studied the configuration on a slightly different model than the aircraft he was on) before leaving the plane. The device exploded and killed the passenger in the seat, but the plane was able to land safely.

I found that interesting considering it was the first of its kind (and apparently unable to be recreated in tests) accidental explosion in the center fuel tank of Flt 800. I have also read about the multiple witnesses that observed weather balloons or swamp gas rising at high speeds towards the aircraft over Long Island Sound; as well as the alleged component of a SAM, er, I mean weather balloon, fished out of the water by local fisherman and turned over to the FBI.

I am generally not a conspiracy theorist, but considering the dearth of airliners that have exploded in mid-air in my lifetime, I remain skeptical of the official explanation. I also found it interesting that George Stephanopolous inadvertently referred to FLT 800 as one of the few successful terrorist attacks under Clinton's watch during a post 9-11 interview (he then corrected himself, but maybe it was a slip).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojinka_plot

Last edited by The Fist Of Goodness; 06-18-2013 at 23:59..
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 00:10   #35
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post

I found that interesting considering it was the first of its kind (and apparently unable to be recreated in tests) accidental explosion in the center fuel tank of Flt 800. I have also read about the multiple witnesses that observed weather balloons or swamp gas rising at high speeds towards the aircraft over Long Island Sound; as well as the alleged component of a SAM, er, I mean weather balloon, fished out of the water by local fisherman and turned over to the FBI.

The thing is, eye witness testimony probably did see a streak of light ascending in the sky.

However, it was more than likely, the already burning aircraft. Climbing, after the nose broke/was blown free. Depending upon your angle, it can look like the airplane/light source is rapidly climbing, because its rolling, and turning and you don't have a good view.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 06-19-2013, 00:46   #36
goldenlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Anyone even passably familiar with MANPADS, already knows it wasn't one.

Not many terrorists running around with mobile SAM sites in 1996......
Shoulder fired heat seeking missile. The jet was low and slow when it went down; perfect conditions for a short range missile.

I NEVER believed the LIARS in our government: their LIES never passed the smell test, for me.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:06   #37
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
Shoulder fired heat seeking missile. The jet was low and slow when it went down; perfect conditions for a short range missile.

I NEVER believed the LIARS in our government: their LIES never passed the smell test, for me.

13-16K feet @ 400+ KIAS is not "low and slow" and was safely out of the engagement envelope for every MANPAD that was in use at that time. Infact, it would probably still be out of the engagement envelope for any current MANPAD too.

Not to mention, the damage, and strike location, is not consistent with a MANPAD engagement.

There aren't many frontal aspect engagement systems today that could make a hit on a 400+KIAS airplane at those altitudes, and we've come a long way in the last 17 years.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06   #38
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
I have said all along it was a missile, so have many eye witness
It was not one locked on missile, it was two. Warheads did not detonate, but went through the plane, tearing it open.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:07   #39

Quote:

Wasn't the flight at ~15-16,000ft went started to go down? Is 15,000ft considered "low"? If so, by whom?

Old 06-19-2013, 01:17   #40
Tiro Fijo

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO...TWA/AUDIO.html
Old 06-19-2013, 01:17   #41
G23Gen4TX

Quote:

A missile hit leaves marks. When you find them please do come back and report.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:21   #42

Quote:
A lot of eyewitnesses are wrong, especially when they don't really know what they are seeing and speculate.

Remember when eyewitnesses claimed that the Chinese launched a SLBM off the coast of CA a couple three years ago? Turns out they were wrong. It was an aircraft contrail.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:41   #43
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Internet Experts.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:41   #44
Reheater
Yarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I had to googe what a MANPAD even is, that tells you how familiar I am with them.
So, why could it not have been a MANPAD?

DISREGARD. You answered the question while I was typing it.
1. As AK has pointed out, engagement envelope was impossible. At the time the best missiles on the market couldn't even dream of that kind of engagement. Even the newest 20 series SAMs like Grinch or Gen III stinger can't engage those kinds of targets. Hey are low altitude weapons designed to knock down helicopters and small light strike aircraft.

2. Any man portable weapon wouldn't have a large enough warhead to bring down a 747, nor would it have struck e forward part of the center fuselage when there were 4 unshelled heat producing turbofans for a seeker to look at.

3. The types of missiles that could bring one down (large telephone pole sized monsters) have a particular type of warhead that would have left evidence everywhere. Google a continuous rod warhead, and then try to imagine the condition of that plane after impact of a missile like that. It would have shattered the plane and made it abruptly fall from the sky, it wouldn't keep flying and climbing for minutes on end. And if you don't think we don't have detailed studies on what a plane hit with missile X Y and Z looks like you'd be surprised.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:28   #45
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reheater View Post
...Google a continuous rod warhead, and then try to imagine the condition of that plane after impact of a missile like that...

I did just that and lo & behold this showed up:

http://www.brasscheck.com/OKBOMB/conrod.html

This makes it very hard for the layman as there appears to be two camps on this topic and each with their own experts. Whose expert is right?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05   #46
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Whatever. My halfsister's mother died on this flight. Why tin foil morons look for a conspiracy in everything is crazy.
Would you rather know the truth or accept the line of BS they fed you?
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:14   #47
MichiganJFrog
Dancing Frog

I have no opinion about the cause of the loss of the aircraft. I did, however, raise an eyebrow when I saw that the CIA did the animation.

Was there no one else in that time to produce quality animation for TV? I think that lends to the conspiracy.

I'll put my tin foil back on now.

Last edited by MichiganJFrog; 06-19-2013 at 04:15..
MichiganJFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35   #48
walt cowan

Quote:
over 100+.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:39   #49
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganJFrog View Post
I have no opinion about the cause of the loss of the aircraft. I did, however, raise an eyebrow when I saw that the CIA did the animation.

Was there no one else in that time to produce quality animation for TV? I think that lends to the conspiracy.

I'll put my tin foil back on now.
that was a in you face sucker moment brought to you by...the u.s. government.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42   #50
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
No only prior military experience, but sat on a board that composed the MANPADS mitigation plan for my area.
Bring on the tin hats!

Stick, shaad-up!
this says sooooooo much about you.

Tags
anti-conspiracy kooks, reynolds heavy duty, truthers lol