HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Blacks, Guns and the Assassination of Black Leaders

http://guardianlv.com/2013/08/blacks...black-leaders/
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:47   #2
Baba Louie

Uh, OK Kelly, once again, why is it NOT an option?
Quote:
Those that say others would be better off if they had exercised their right to bear arms, is simply not an option. We will be better off if criminals are unable to possess firearms. Thus, we should begin to take steps that will prevent lawbreakers from owning guns. Until we enact stricter gun laws and background checks, letís face it, we will continue to live in a troubled and dangerous world.
Really? Better off in a troubled and dangerous world by being disarmed?

Unless the author meant the criminal ilk being disarmed.

Yeah, right.

Total disconnect from my reality and I suppose, my own from the authors... Shooting someone is already a crime IIRC. The world is not a 100% safe place to be. Mother Nature is violence personified.

Or so I was taught by my... Father.

I suggest you deal with it within your own culture. Not mine. I do not deal drugs, hold up stores, and/or shoot people as a result/consequence.

I'm too busy working for a living trying to make ends meet... legally.

But that is My America. Not the authors apparently. The disconnect is wide. Always has been for some. A very few. Like politicians who live in their own little world above and beyond the masses of the electorate.

Did I miss the "assassination of black leaders" in the article? I read it thrice.
Quote:
Everyone has the right to his/her opinion which should be respected.
Unless they are flat out wrong.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:43   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post
Uh, OK Kelly, once again, why is it NOT an option?
Quote:
Those that say others would be better off if they had exercised their right to bear arms, is simply not an option. We will be better off if criminals are unable to possess firearms. Thus, we should begin to take steps that will prevent lawbreakers from owning guns. Until we enact stricter gun laws and background checks, let’s face it, we will continue to live in a troubled and dangerous world.
Really? Better off in a troubled and dangerous world by being disarmed?

Unless the author meant the criminal ilk being disarmed.

Yeah, right.

If criminals are unable to possess firearms, through some magic nobody has discovered yet, they will still be able to possesss knives, tire irons, baseball bats, rocks...which one of those can she defend herself against without a gun? None, same as most people posting here and their wives and parents and children, etc.

Last edited by Bren; 08-11-2013 at 06:46..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:54   #4
G22Dude

A liberal trying to come across as moderate when the truth is Kelly is still anti-gun rights
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:29   #5
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
as long as we donít violate another personís freedoms

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:30   #6
Dave514

Damn, that article is all over the place. More like a stream of consciousness on paper. I guess there is no editor at the Guardian Express.

She should have just given the short version: Some people don't think you should carry a gun. Some of those people are black people. I am one of the people who think you shouldn't carry a gun. I am for stricter gun laws. I clearly don't know crap about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. I only know how to make it more of a pain in the butt for good people. The End.
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:34   #7
Bruce M

I would tend to ignore anyone who thinks of Huey Newton and Bobby Seale as "leaders" rather than "felons."
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:34   #8
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave514 View Post
Damn, that article is all over the place. More like a stream of consciousness on paper. I guess there is no editor at the Guardian Express.

She should have just given the short version: Some people don't think you should carry a gun. Some of those people are black people. I am one of the people who think you shouldn't carry a gun. I am for stricter gun laws. I clearly don't know crap about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. I only know how to make it more of a pain in the butt for good people. The End.
Succinct ! ...

Don't do any writing that pays by the word ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:12   #9
Trew2Life
#the struggle

"Today more and more Blacks have become outspoken, arguing against carrying a gun. Some see gun violence as a daily issue, so to see some Americans talking about their right to bear arms alarms them."

I don't know these people and I talk to a lot of people.

"On the other hand, there are those that still believe in the right to bear arms, and do just that." DAMN STR8

The auther draws a misconception that illegal/unauthorized use of a fireman equates to good gun ownership. Just because you have a firearm doesn't mean you own a firearm or, are responsible for it and with it.

The criminal doesn't have the responsibilities of ownership, so gun control laws will not have an effect on them.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:50   #10
ked

"Often times, kids get into their parents safes,"

not at my house. this is what you get when you don't promote personal accountability.

ked
Old 08-11-2013, 10:27   #11
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote