Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:09   #41
DEADEYEGUY

So the simple answer is they are not all fixed. What it takes to fix them might be anything from minor to major. Or they may not be fixable. Glock may or may not be able to fix them. After multiple trips back to Glock they may be fixed. They may work for awhile after being "fixed" then screw up again. You can be sent a reolacement gun and it may or may not be any better. Plus now that we are reading about guns coming from the factory with differing slie finishes and scratches I'd tink real hard before buying.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28   #42
D.B.Cooper

When buying a gen 4 pull the slide off and make sure the ejector has the number 30274 on it. This is the new design ejector that runs flawless, if it has 336 on the ejector avoid buying it, you will get brass to the face with a 336 ejector. I know this from personal experience.
D.B.Cooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39   #43
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B.Cooper View Post
When buying a gen 4 pull the slide off and make sure the ejector has the number 30274 on it. This is the new design ejector that runs flawless, if it has 336 on the ejector avoid buying it, you will get brass to the face with a 336 ejector. I know this from personal experience.
Uhh, My G19 came with the 30274 ejector in it and all is not flawless. As I said, common 115gr ammo runs lousy in it.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:24   #44
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Every manufacturer has a warranty department, so you are never guarantied not to have a problem. Buy whatever you feel has the design features you are looking for.

But hey, if you are the worry wart type then just research everything on the internet and don't buy anything that you find a complaint with.
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:57   #45
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTex View Post
Every manufacturer has a warranty department, so you are never guarantied not to have a problem. Buy whatever you feel has the design features you are looking for.

But hey, if you are the worry wart type then just research everything on the internet and don't buy anything that you find a complaint with.
post of the day!! +1
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35   #46
OIF-OEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
Uhh, My G19 came with the 30274 ejector in it and all is not flawless. As I said, common 115gr ammo runs lousy in it.
Seriously, my gun tosses brass in my eye and it has the 30274 ejector. I thought because of that it was my extractor. Crap, this s*** is pissing me off. My first 50 rounds were 115 Winchester and they were flawless. The worst ammo to toss brass at my head has been Gold Dot. That stuff was expensive, I was hopeing it would fix it.
OIF-OEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 15:54   #47
Made in Austria

Quote:

Clearly the words of a person who wants to deny that Glock made some problematic guns lately. Sorry but that's opinion which I want to share here.

It also depends how busy ones warranty department is. Glocks warranty department is still pretty busy at this time. I don't buy stuff from a company where I can expect to send it in for repair soon after purchase, and from a company which had to hire more employees for the warranty department.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 07-03-2013 at 15:57..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 17:57   #48
D.B.Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
not encouraging news here
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48   #49
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

True. But sometimes you have to realize some real world advice is going to serve you better than all the Internet posts in the world.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2013, 07:05   #50
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Clearly the words of a person who wants to deny that Glock made some problematic guns lately. Sorry but that's opinion which I want to share here.

It also depends how busy ones warranty department is. Glocks warranty department is still pretty busy at this time. I don't buy stuff from a company where I can expect to send it in for repair soon after purchase, and from a company which had to hire more employees for the warranty department.
Not really, I bought the wife a Gen 4 G19 and yes it did tend to throw brass at us, so I'm not in denial of the problems some of the late model Glock's are having. At the same time though I have had better luck with Glock than any other manufacturer.

After looking at the features I decided a Gen 4 G19 would be a good choice for my wife, and it fit nicely with the other 9mm Glocks that I own (mag compatibility etc), so I decided not to worry so much about the complaints on the internet and went out a purchased one. While I did have to change extractors I am still happy with the purchase.

My point is you can either get what you want and take your chances, or you can calculate your odds and get something close to what you want just so you have better odds. Either way my impression is that the OP is hand wringing, so basically either shoot or get off the firing lane!
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07   #51
bucksnort06

Just shot my gen4 19 for the first time yesterday.. It has all the updated parts. Test fired date was 5-15-13.. Well, no brass hit my face, but did have some that just dribbled out as well as other that hit my shoulder.. Definitely not what I was hoping for but also not as bad as others ive seen on youtube.. My g20 and g27 were throwing brass perfect!
bucksnort06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11   #52
drt4life

My Gen 4 19 worked flawless even before Glock sent me new spring.....
drt4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53   #53
LuckyG

Quote:
Not really, I bought the wife a Gen 4 G19 and yes it did tend to throw brass at us, so I'm not in denial of the problems some of the late model Glock's are having. At the same time though I have had better luck with Glock than any other manufacturer.

After looking at the features I decided a Gen 4 G19 would be a good choice for my wife, and it fit nicely with the other 9mm Glocks that I own (mag compatibility etc), so I decided not to worry so much about the complaints on the internet and went out a purchased one. While I did have to change extractors I am still happy with the purchase.

My point is you can either get what you want and take your chances, or you can calculate your odds and get something close to what you want just so you have better odds. Either way my impression is that the OP is hand wringing, so basically either shoot or get off the firing lane!
+1. This Gen4 and Gen3 BTF stuff is starting to get into astrology and angels on the head of a pin land. Buy one or don't. Nobody on the forum or at the Glock factory is going to be able to help you.

No offense intended here, but some work and some don't. Same as over on the Sig forum, and Sigs cost 50% more. One individual's experience may or may not be representative.

Having said that, I bought a new Gen4 G19 last week. Went to the range and blew about 150 rounds of ball, +P+ and mid range reloads through it. Cases departed at 3 o'clock and landed in a nice 2 1/2 foot circle. No malfunctions. Now, according to the astrological forecasts, I've got to worry about problems later. Maybe...maybe not. Duh.

Bought my first Glock (Gen4 G34) end of 2011. Had the original horrible defective RSA/ejector. Still does. Works just fine.

My point here is that even my experience means nothing statistically. One guy has no problem somebody else does. I've done my own gunsmithing for about 35 years. If I have a problem with any gun I usually fix it myself...or back under warranty...or to my local gunsmith.

Jeez...you can buy a $40,000 car and have problems. If you want a Gen4 G19...just buy it. It's a great little gun. Only thing that aggravates me is the Warren Tacticals I ordered are back ordered.
LuckyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:07   #54
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Troubles are a lot like people - they grow bigger if you nurse them. Believe me, because I'm following this forum for quite a long time - we have a few trouble nurses here on the GT. Jut go and buy what You want. Good luck and have fun.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:00   #55
skyboss_4evr

Please let this ridiculous thread die until the OP reports back on his decision.
Old 07-08-2013, 16:32   #56
Brian Bentley

It never ceases to amaze me how many people whine about a spent casing hitting them on occasion. You are firing a controlled explosion. Who cares if a piece of spent brass hits you on occasion, as long as it isn't an expelled piece of lead and copper. I have SEVERAL Glock pistols, including a brand new G19 Gen4. They ALL shoot just like I would expect a Glock to shoot like. I haven't experienced ANY FTF's or FTE's. They have all performed flawlessly to date. Have I been struck by ejected brass on occasion, sure, but who cares. Grow a pair and stop trying to make a problem out of a non issue. Glocks, BY DESIGN, are built to go bang every time. They aren't, nor ever were, meant to be precise target pistols. They are COMBAT grade weapons. Sheesh.. people, just go shoot your pistol, learn to hit what you are aiming at and stop all of the crying. Other than that.... Have a great day.

The Right to keep and Bear arms is not just our right, It's our HERITAGE

G1 Niner's #1776
Brian Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01   #57
mazroth

40 to 9 conversion barrel in my g23s....we shot the cheap blazer 115gr aluminum cased. We didn't get hit in the face, but most of the casings landed on our head. I suspect the light casing, and 115gr. I have some 124gr brass im gonna try this weekend.

Just been buying whats cheapest, will probably like the heavier bullet.

Last edited by mazroth; 07-09-2013 at 06:03..
mazroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:37   #58
D.B.Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bentley View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how many people whine about a spent casing hitting them on occasion. You are firing a controlled explosion. Who cares if a piece of spent brass hits you on occasion, as long as it isn't an expelled piece of lead and copper. I have SEVERAL Glock pistols, including a brand new G19 Gen4. They ALL shoot just like I would expect a Glock to shoot like. I haven't experienced ANY FTF's or FTE's. They have all performed flawlessly to date. Have I been struck by ejected brass on occasion, sure, but who cares. Grow a pair and stop trying to make a problem out of a non issue. Glocks, BY DESIGN, are built to go bang every time. They aren't, nor ever were, meant to be precise target pistols. They are COMBAT grade weapons. Sheesh.. people, just go shoot your pistol, learn to hit what you are aiming at and stop all of the crying. Other than that.... Have a great day.
Yeah but it sure pisses me of that my friend that went with me was shooting my ammo through a XD 9 and I was behind him watching that gun flawlessly sling brass, while my G17 was slinging brass in my face.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57   #59
DEADEYEGUY

I have very few "target" pistols. None of them throw brass back at my face. Including my older Glocks. So when they were built years ago they weren't "engineered" to hit you in the face with spent brass. None of my ther "Combat Handguns" beat me about the head and face.
Some of us have been burned, and cut by the ejecting brass. Including one on another forum with a burnt eyelid. It's total crap that erratic ejection is considered "normal" by some of you in these new guns. Gunsmithing manuals have whole chapters on causes and fixes for erratic ejection. Erratic ejection in a gun is an indication of problems with your gun. Glock understands that and when you call them they do take the guns back and try to fix them. And even repace those they can't fix.
You don't try to "fix" something that isn't broken. Recently I had a 1911 start throwing brass everywhere. Ater thousands of trouble free rounds. Called up the manufacturer and they fixed it. The extractor had went bad. Like some of the soft Glock MIM extractors. The whole Macho B.S. about letting brass hit you in the face and accept it and "grow a set" is like saying everytime you touch your telepone and it shocks you you should just take the hit. I guess if you like pain thats fine. Most of us would get it fixed though and not consider it a part of our manhood.
Wanting to get a gun that is malfunctioning (and throwing brass at your face is malfunctioning or the wouldn't try to fix it) is good common sense. It has nothing to do with "growing a set". If you like getting hit in the head, getting an eye burned, or cut that is your business. But it is a flaw. A burnt eye in a gunfight that would interfere with your shooting ability is potentially life threatening. How are you going to focus on your front sight if you can't see it? If putting up with flawed products that are potentially damaging to you. Or possibly even fatal under the right circumstances makes you feel like more of a man good for you. To me it's common sense it something you get fixed.
By the way in Martial Arts a simple poke in the eyes is a major method of dealing with a serious attack. Even a mild poke causes pain, problems seeing, watering eyes, and at the least sets the person struck up for the next blow while they can't see. A cut or burnt eye minor? Not when your life is on the line. What you can't see you can't hit. Even if it stuns you for a few seconds. That's a lifetime in a fight. Empty hands, knife, or gun. Your in deep if you can't see for even a short period. Again you can't hit what you can't see.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24   #60
D.B.Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADEYEGUY View Post
I have very few "target" pistols. None of them throw brass back at my face. Including my older Glocks. So when they were built years ago they weren't "engineered" to hit you in the face with spent brass. None of my ther "Combat Handguns" beat me about the head and face.
Some of us have been burned, and cut by the ejecting brass. Including one on another forum with a burnt eyelid. It's total crap that erratic ejection is considered "normal" by some of you in these new guns. Gunsmithing manuals have whole chapters on causes and fixes for erratic ejection. Erratic ejection in a gun is an indication of problems with your gun. Glock understands that and when you call them they do take the guns back and try to fix them. And even repace those they can't fix.
You don't try to "fix" something that isn't broken. Recently I had a 1911 start throwing brass everywhere. Ater thousands of trouble free rounds. Called up the manufacturer and they fixed it. The extractor had went bad. Like some of the soft Glock MIM extractors. The whole Macho B.S. about letting brass hit you in the face and accept it and "grow a set" is like saying everytime you touch your telepone and it shocks you you should just take the hit. I guess if you like pain thats fine. Most of us would get it fixed though and not consider it a part of our manhood.
Wanting to get a gun that is malfunctioning (and throwing brass at your face is malfunctioning or the wouldn't try to fix it) is good common sense. It has nothing to do with "growing a set". If you like getting hit in the head, getting an eye burned, or cut that is your business. But it is a flaw. A burnt eye in a gunfight that would interfere with your shooting ability is potentially life threatening. How are you going to focus on your front sight if you can't see it? If putting up with flawed products that are potentially damaging to you. Or possibly even fatal under the right circumstances makes you feel like more of a man good for you. To me it's common sense it something you get fixed.
By the way in Martial Arts a simple poke in the eyes is a major method of dealing with a serious attack. Even a mild poke causes pain, problems seeing, watering eyes, and at the least sets the person struck up for the next blow while they can't see. A cut or burnt eye minor? Not when your life is on the line. What you can't see you can't hit. Even if it stuns you for a few seconds. That's a lifetime in a fight. Empty hands, knife, or gun. Your in deep if you can't see for even a short period. Again you can't hit what you can't see.
+1 Spot on!!!!