CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

The big problem with the Illinois House gun bill

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...,6015624.story
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:34   #2
Highspeedlane
NRA Life Member

Gun grabbers hate preemption because their goal is to make the bill meet the minimum intent of the ruling but still be impossibly confusing for the average gun owner to want to risk given the circumstances and penalties associated with illegal carry from one jurisdiction to another.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:24   #3
eccho

Chicago is going to piss, and moan, and scream, and cry, and try hitting the fear tactic button as many times as possible...
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:36   #4
okie
GT Mayor

I hope you Ill. people can get something going
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 20:37   #5
Boot Stomper

I am hoping June 9th passes and law abiding citizens throughout IL start open carrying everywhere in the State. Liberals and Progressives will stress for about a month and then realize it is no big deal. Then a sensible CC bill may pass.

Last edited by Boot Stomper; 05-26-2013 at 20:08..
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 22:16   #6
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Stomper View Post
I am hoping June 9th passes and law abiding citizens throughout IL start open carrying everywhere in the State. Liberals and progressives will stress for about month and then realize it is no big deal. Then a sensible CC bill may pass.
I don't think it's going to work out like that because B. Hussein Obama and his Attorney General Eric Holder are not going to enforce the court ruling. The IL Democrats are counting on that and things will continue as they have.

If Democrats keep winning elections, they will continue to pack the courts with liberal activist judges and Heller -vs- D.C. and McDonald -vs- Chicago will be overturned.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 22:23   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

That's funny. They complain that the bill allowing concealed carry for citizens of IL, does not contain a gun ban provision.

It seems they may have missed something in the thought process there.

It permits legal citizens to carry guns!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it's for!

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 00:06   #8
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I don't think it's going to work out like that because B. Hussein Obama and his Attorney General Eric Holder are not going to enforce the court ruling. The IL Democrats are counting on that and things will continue as they have.
This case has absolutely nothing to do with enforcement by the US Justice department. It's a case about state statutes and the only people that are tasked with enforcing/prosecuting are states attorneys.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:31   #9
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
This case has absolutely nothing to do with enforcement by the US Justice department. It's a case about state statutes and the only people that are tasked with enforcing/prosecuting are states attorneys.
Who are also Democrats, so the result will be the same as I predicted.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32   #10
Fox
Varmit Control

Democrats are the party in power in Illinois, they are not going to comply with the court.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19   #11
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Democrats are the party in power in Illinois, they are not going to comply with the court.
Democrats control the House of Representatives in IL by a margin of 71-47. The concealed carry bill passed with 85 "Yes" votes.

As I've said for years and years (and people who don't live here or pay attention refuse to understand), this is NOT a Democrat v. Republican issue in the state of IL. It's Chicago v. the rest of the state. The lead sponsor on the bill in the House was Democratic Representative Brandon Phelps, who has been leading the charge for about a decade, and whose uncle did the same for years before him.
Old 05-26-2013, 13:11   #12
clarson_75

I think the list of places they want to be off limits is what is going to make this bill suck. People will be lucky if they can CC to pick up their mail.

This nation is lead by a government that doesn't care what the law is and filled with a majority of people that don't care what the government does.
clarson_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 14:20   #13
Diesel_Bomber

That last paragraph made me chuckle, and really underlined the intent of the author. It's okay to strip the rights of citizens to choose what is safe for their community(carrying a gun) as long as the author agrees with it, but not otherwise.

Typical hollier than thou good for me but not for thee Liberal lies. And they wonder why we don't trust them.
Old 05-26-2013, 17:54   #14
aquanomics

From the article: ".... No surprise in a state as large and geographically diverse as Illinois, that's proving to be no easy task. ..."

Translation: we're terrified that *those people* in south Chicago might get more guns..... Those people should not ever have guns.....

Racist asshats, democrats.
aquanomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 20:13   #15
Boot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanomics View Post
From the article: ".... No surprise in a state as large and geographically diverse as Illinois, that's proving to be no easy task. ..."

Translation: we're terrified that *those people* in south Chicago might get more guns..... Those people should not ever have guns.....

Racist asshats, democrats.
Most gun control laws have been based around racism. The first gun laws were passed by Democrats in the South to prevent ex-slaves from owning and protecting themselves from the KKK and Lynch mobs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/884...vc=subv1113142

http://www.saf.org/lawreviews/tahmassebi1.html

Last edited by Boot Stomper; 05-26-2013 at 20:16..
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote