GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2013, 13:24   #1
canine906

Mod. 30 "Slide Stop Spring" Install ??????

I had a LaserMax Laser on a Mod. 21 and sold it this past week. The guy that bought it said I didn't send all the parts and he was right, I didn't. LaseMax kept my OEM slide stop switch and spring back in 95. Well as I was in the basement checking out the pistol to see if he was right I disassembled my Mod. 30 to see if the spring was the same as the 21. NOPE it wasn't.
I sent him the slide stop (from LM) and the spring as well.
OK, I said all that to say this.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I CAN'T PUT THE SPRING BACK INTO THE 30. and make it cause upward tension on the slide stop.

HELP
canine906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 19:28   #2
GlocksterJeff
Glock Armorer

Installation of a slide stop (slide release):

• First remove the slide.
• Push the larger diameter trigger pin (above the trigger) 1/4" or so to the right using a Glock Armorer’s Tool or equivalent. You may have to jiggle the old slide release back and forth a bit to allow the pin to move. (Do not remove the smaller diameter locking block pin above the larger trigger pin if your pistol has both pins.)
• Pull out the old lever; push the new one into its slot, then push the trigger pin back.

Be careful when installing a slide stop into a newer pistol with both a trigger pin and the smaller diameter locking block pin just above it. The slide stop's spring must be installed UNDER the upper (smaller diameter pin) or the slide will lock open with every shot. If you push the new slide stop into place with the upper pin already in place, the spring will automatically go in correctly. (So, for Glock models with two pins above the trigger, remember to always install the larger diameter trigger/slide stop pin last when reassembling the pistol.)
GlocksterJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 21:24   #3
canine906

can someone read this and see if we're talking about the same thing. I don't think so. And the spring is still not in. The is the spring for the release that you pull down on both sides if the pistol to slide the slide forward off the lower frame.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44   #4
randyr5

You must be talking about the slide lock. Make sure that the spring is fully seated in the groove of the frame. It should be totally below the "walls" of the channel that it sits in. Then depress the spring with your glock tool or punch and slide the slide lock in from either side, making sure that the notch on the slide lock is facing the rear of the pistol.
=IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=

Last edited by randyr5; 06-10-2013 at 17:19..
randyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 17:43   #5
canine906

Randy
I'm an above average guy when it comes to fixing things---I can take my
Goldwing apart --- I've built three 10-22's --- I've been reloading for years and have probably done action jobs on twenty various guns, but I can't get my mind around this.

Go to the Glock Armorers Manual Page 33. My spring is the one to the far right. I can not get it to go down into the frame and stay tight and have it cause any upward pressure " spring tension" that's needed for the lock. It's too short to go down into the frame and catch anything for it to hold. This is for a Mod. 30 and it would be great if someone had pictures or could take my hand.
thanks for the reply
Old 06-10-2013, 18:56   #6
randyr5

I have the same spring in my G26. Make sure that the tab on the spring is totally vertical when inserting it into the frame. I got mine to fail when it was inserted at an angle. When inserted correctly, it will have spring tension when you push down on the other end. Hope this helps.
=IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=
randyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote