Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 18:54   #141
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,766
FWIW, I googled "sixteen year old girl home invasion carjacking arrest" and found nothing. It's kind of surprising that such a sensational story didn't turn up any news stories. Think of the drama of a 16yo girl holding off a violent drug induced attack with a 45 and no news outlet reporting it.

Maybe my googlefu is weak. If someone else can try something along the lines of what I attempted and get better results, I'd be interested in reading it.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay

Last edited by WiskyT; 05-25-2013 at 18:54..
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:03   #142
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr
 
racer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
It's right next to the part that says no memebers are to question the validity of far fetched "war stories".
Ha! Touche!

I guess I'm just not as skeptical as a matter of routine.

However, after reading the thread, I WILL admit to using my Google-fu to try to ferret out this story in the news... unsuccessfully. And, I consider myself a 9th-degree black belt in Google-fu.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:06   #143
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr
 
racer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
No, that's only because you have a fixation with me. Why don't you address the facts that are in question here instead of focusing on me? Or are you not really in this thread to do that?
LOL! With only two posts, you were able to divine my "fixation" on you? Damn, you ARE good!

Color me busted.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:07   #144
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
Ha! Touche!

I guess I'm just not as skeptical as a matter of routine.

However, after reading the thread, I WILL admit to using my Google-fu to try to ferret out this story in the news... unsuccessfully. And, I consider myself a 9th-degree black belt in Google-fu.
Thanks for running that down. I don't know any special tricks to google stuff, I just do it, so my not finding anything probably doesn't mean much. Since the googlefu is strong with you, and you came up empty-handed, it says something (to me anyway).
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:08   #145
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr
 
racer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
FWIW, I googled "sixteen year old girl home invasion carjacking arrest" and found nothing. It's kind of surprising that such a sensational story didn't turn up any news stories. Think of the drama of a 16yo girl holding off a violent drug induced attack with a 45 and no news outlet reporting it.

Maybe my googlefu is weak. If someone else can try something along the lines of what I attempted and get better results, I'd be interested in reading it.
Yep. Me too... along with a variety of permutations of those search terms. Zilcho.

I want to believe it's a true story. It's a great story.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:14   #146
zo6kid
Member
 
zo6kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 36
Without the Love and dedication that you both have this could have ended in a very bad way. Good JOB !! Hug her extra tight tonight before bed , tell how Proud you are of the way she handled the situation .
zo6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:14   #147
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
Yep. Me too... along with a variety of permutations of those search terms. Zilcho.

I want to believe it's a true story. It's a great story.
These are vetted and have a "feel-good" quality to them. Granted, they are not written for entertainment, so they aren't as entertaining, but they are good reading.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Blog...x?cid=25&id=21

This is some reading that gives me a lump in my throat. Click on the "view" link to the right of each recipients name to read the citation:

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-archive.php
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:16   #148
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Folks, get a room.



countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:17   #149
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Folks, get a room.



You'd like that wouldn't you? You'd like to see me play right into the OP's trap regarding the tending bar at a gay club. That is, unless Racer88 is a lady.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:21   #150
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,339
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 149
User Name Posts

WiskyT 32
floraneg 9
Warp ---7
racer88 7
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 05-25-2013 at 19:21..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 19:30   #151
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr
 
racer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
You'd like that wouldn't you? You'd like to see me play right into the OP's trap regarding the tending bar at a gay club. That is, unless Racer88 is a lady.
haha... ummm... nope!
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 23:05   #152
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,524
Glad your daughter was ok. I showed this thread to a female friend of mine and she decided (after years of me suggesting that it would be a smart idea) to go apply for a pistol permit Monday after work. Thanks for posting and welcome to GT.
__________________

Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 23:10   #153
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Thanks for running that down. I don't know any special tricks to google stuff, I just do it, so my not finding anything probably doesn't mean much. Since the googlefu is strong with you, and you came up empty-handed, it says something (to me anyway).
In my experiences, just because you don't read it in the paper/news doesn't mean it didn't happen.
__________________

Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 23:32   #154
chrisbritt15
Senior Member
 
chrisbritt15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 306
I grabbed two extra magazines!!!! Gosh I love it lol very impressive to have that level of thinking in such a panic and thought through so clearly very impressed and grateful she is ok


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
chrisbritt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:42   #155
Green Mountain Boy
Senior Member
 
Green Mountain Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Green Mountain State
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
Glad your daughter was ok. I showed this thread to a female friend of mine and she decided (after years of me suggesting that it would be a smart idea) to go apply for a pistol permit Monday after work. Thanks for posting and welcome to GT.
See there the op done good. If all this results in a new chl holder fake or not we have something to celebrate. Get her training and make it fun. This can be a great addition to a relationship.

ETA: Sorry I assumed the relationship part.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms and Open Eyes" Incubus

NECC #64

Last edited by Green Mountain Boy; 05-26-2013 at 07:43..
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00   #156
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
See there the op done good. If all this results in a new chl holder fake or not we have something to celebrate. Get her training and make it fun. This can be a great addition to a relationship.

ETA: Sorry I assumed the relationship part.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
No problem, you assumed correctly.

And good point about whether the OP was trolling or not.
__________________

Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 22:39   #157
moeman
Senior Member
 
moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,770
Thank God and the training you gave your daughter! very happy everything worked out. sounds like a girl with commonsense. You must be proud.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 22:43   #158
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 28,749


She done good. so did you, Dad.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 00:25   #159
12131
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy
 
12131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: God's Country (Texas)
Posts: 11,079
Aaahh, 9 v 45 in disguise.
Shouldn't this thread be in the Caliber Corner sub-forum?
__________________
NRA Lifer, GOA Lifer, SAF Lifer
Commie libs, criminals, and sheeple love gun control. It's easier to blame inanimate objects than the killers themselves.
Andrew Cuomo & Michael Bloomberg = Friends of criminals

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:35   #160
ccoprdc
Senior Member
 
ccoprdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
You taught her well, you should be very proud.

My daughter is three and wants me to take her shooting right now! She always asks to see the guns and loves my AKs!


You both rock!!!


TGG
My best friend taught his daughter to fire his AR15 and his 8mm when she was 3-almost 4. Sadly she's a drug felon in her 30's now and can't/won't use guns. I still think it's good to train them early and train them well.
ccoprdc is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 695
129 Members
566 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31