Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-24-2013, 18:36   #101
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by floraneg View Post
Hey Warp,

I hope you got a chuckle out of that as much as I did. I thought he would have hung in there for a couple of more posts without loosing his cool. I wonder if he retired or was dismissed from the force?

If I had to guess, more of a Mallcop in my humble opinion. Sorry Wisky, I did say it's my opinion....

General Firearms Forum
Nope, you're wrong again. The Pension Fairy fills my checking account every month. I'm a real-live retired cop who is skeptical of your story. You posted your story on here for discussion. This is a discussion board and you don't want to discuss your story. That tells me something about you and your story.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:41   #102
floraneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Nope, you're wrong again. The Pension Fairy fills my checking account every month. I'm a real-live retired cop who is skeptical of your story. You posted your story on here for discussion. This is a discussion board and you don't want to discuss your story. That tells me something about you and your story.
Holy Cow Wisky I think you just implicated yourself to that bar post with this post here...

"The Pension Fairy fills my checking account every month."

http://gaytravel.about.com/od/gaynig...Sidelines-.htm

Just REMEMBER, you said "The *****on Fairy", not me!!!
floraneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:43   #103
floraneg

Taking the family to the beach for the weekend everyone. My daughter says thanks for all the posts and blessings. WiskyT, keep things rolling as long as you can, before your shift begins.

Stay safe everyone.
floraneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:55   #104
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Holy Cow Wisky I think you just implicated yourself to that bar post with this post here...

"The Pension Fairy fills my checking account every month."

http://gaytravel.about.com/od/gaynig...Sidelines-.htm

Just REMEMBER, you said "The *****on Fairy", not me!!!
Uh, yeah. Let's see, you've posted links to a State Farm commercial, Paul Blart, and something to do with the social lives of the homosexual community as response to suggestions that your incredible story might not be true and then you bow out of your own thread. I could see why an honest person would do that

Last edited by WiskyT; 05-24-2013 at 18:56..
Old 05-24-2013, 19:07   #105
JAS104
NRA Life Member

I'm surprised this isn't locked yet... Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-24-2013, 19:43   #106
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Uh, yeah. Let's see, you've posted links to a State Farm commercial, Paul Blart, and something to do with the social lives of the homosexual community as response to suggestions that your incredible story might not be true and then you bow out of your own thread. I could see why an honest person would do that
What is the element of the narrative that is causing you doubt?

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 19:59   #107
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post
What is the element of the narrative that is causing you doubt?
A tweaker commits a carjacking, wrecks out, and then with police on scene breaks down a door despite multiple dogs in the house and an audible alarm and all of this happens within three blocks for starters. Then there's details, like after commiting the carjacking and wrecking out in the same area, the actor simply walks despite being hopped up on meth. I mean, the victim is going to be right there and would have contacted the police. Anybody, even a tweaker, would have known the police would have been on top of him, yet he walks?

And who breaks down a front door with an alarm sounding and multiple dogs for the purpose of remaining invisible when he has seen visible proof that units are on scene? I have chased CJ and other subjects and while they will often hunker down in sheds, crawl spaces, common areas of buildings, and have forced REAR doors, I have never heard of one kicking in a front door to remain hidden. Units would be all over that scene and would see the kicked in front door and go right to him. With all of the places of less resitance that this ****bird could have chosen, he took the absolute worst one.

Then the police chief shows up to discuss the merits of 9mm vs 45. That's a bit unlikely.

I mean, there is just so much, including the overall tone of the "story" that completely contradicts my real-life experiences that I found it suspect.

Then you add in the fact that the OP, who brought the whole thing up for discussion by starting this thread, doesn't want to discuss it and goes off on weird tangents about me supposedly not being a retired cop because I supposedly posted that I work in a sportsbar and then a gay bar, and I think we can pretty much put a fork in this thing.

Old 05-24-2013, 20:05   #108
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah...method of delivery/attitude aside...those are good points.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 20:13   #109
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Yeah...method of delivery/attitude aside...those are good points.
That's fair enough. My delivery might be a bit coarse, or you might think it's coarse. You might agree with some of the things I pointed out about it or not. Heck, the OP might post a link to this job and my skepticism might have been misplaced.

That you, after exchanging jabs with me, post on here that my point might be valid, speaks to your character. You could have easily just not made the post you did, but you did the harder thing and did make that post.

Old 05-24-2013, 20:26   #110
r3dot

Well crap, why do you have to be reasonable and bring up those valid points? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 20:42   #111
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
A tweaker commits a carjacking, wrecks out, and then with police on scene breaks down a door despite multiple dogs in the house and an audible alarm and all of this happens within three blocks for starters. Then there's details, like after committing the carjacking and wrecking out in the same area, the actor simply walks despite being hopped up on meth. I mean, the victim is going to be right there and would have contacted the police. Anybody, even a tweaker, would have known the police would have been on top of him, yet he walks?

And who breaks down a front door with an alarm sounding and multiple dogs for the purpose of remaining invisible when he has seen visible proof that units are on scene? I have chased CJ and other subjects and while they will often hunker down in sheds, crawl spaces, common areas of buildings, and have forced REAR doors, I have never heard of one kicking in a front door to remain hidden. Units would be all over that scene and would see the kicked in front door and go right to him. With all of the places of less resistance that this ****bird could have chosen, he took the absolute worst one.

Then the police chief shows up to discuss the merits of 9mm vs 45. That's a bit unlikely.

I mean, there is just so much, including the overall tone of the "story" that completely contradicts my real-life experiences that I found it suspect.

Then you add in the fact that the OP, who brought the whole thing up for discussion by starting this thread, doesn't want to discuss it and goes off on weird tangents about me supposedly not being a retired cop because I supposedly posted that I work in a sports bar and then a gay bar, and I think we can pretty much put a fork in this thing.
Roger.

When a story as dramatic as this gets posted it's going to generate some extra scrutiny.

I generally lean towards giving people the benefit of the doubt unless it's just patently outlandish. This one gave me a little bit of pause mainly from the dramatic tone, but absent further information I'll just say to OP, I'm glad it worked out okay.

OP please post a cookie recipe or something in the lounge.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 05-24-2013 at 20:43..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 20:50   #112
countrygun

OK now that we have some calm I will just add that, while being a cynic myself, when my Wife's ex got out of the States "bed and breakfast" program word got out that he was coming to the town , where we lived at the time, to do us harm. The Chief came over and told me about it. He asked what gun I was going to be carrying and told me "Make sure you have light hollow points in it, and you know the rules, keep it between the lines, there will be no problem."

So I guess I can see that skepticism is valid, but the narrative isn't impossible.

Last edited by countrygun; 05-24-2013 at 20:52..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 21:52   #113
C6vetter

Aint buyin it. Send link to local news post
C6vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 22:48   #114
bno762

Quote:

She was walking from the kitchen to the den when she saw a guy running up the walkway through our glass front door. He began kicking it to force his way in.

It turns out that the guy had just carjacked someone about 3 blocks away and had jumped out of the car when he crashed it into a telephone pole. He took off on foot and saw a unit across the highway and tried to get into my home to hide.

When everything calmed down and they finished taking her statement, the police chief showed up and was joking around with her saying that he wants her to teach a class for the department. One of the officers commented that she grabbed the smallest and biggest gun she could. She told him that she loves her pink Glock 19, but it was upstairs. At that the officer said, well that 19 gives you 15 shots and that .45 only has 6, but it's a whole lot meaner. Without missing a beat, she said "Yeah, but I grabbed two extra clips when I grabbed the gun".

That's my girl!!!!
In the original post floraneg does state the guy was running. Not just walking. "Took off on foot"??? I would assume that means running also.

As far as
Quote:
And who breaks down a front door with alarms sounding and multiple dogs for the purpose of remaining invisible when he has seen proof that units are on scene
, the tweaker saw the police across the highway, they weren't on scene yet. I'm sure when a person is under the influence of meth they don't make calm calculated decisions. Also, I'm betting the alarms hadn't sounded until the door broke open and by the time it did it sounds like the police arrived shortly after. Not sure how far the poo-bird made it in the home because that part is unclear.

I'm going to choose to believe floraneg, but in keeping with the rule of "trust but verify" I would like to see a link to the local story if that's possible. Now he did say they were going to the beach for some well deserved family time. Maybe after they get back and everything slows down he can post one.

Also I need to add, God help anyone that gets in an interrogation room with WiskyT!(meant that as a compliment not a slight)
Old 05-24-2013, 23:49   #115
JuneyBooney

Good story. It should be submitted to the Rifleman magazine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 00:00   #116
Billua
Lake Mead Explr

Just outstanding! Well done to you both.
Billua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08   #117
taffbanjo

Quote:
Today had to be both the worse and best day of my life. My 16 year old daughter had only one exam today so she got home early around 9:30. She sent me a text and said that she was home and was planning on cleaning out her school files seeing that she is finished for the year. She always puts the alarm on "Stay" while she is home for safety measures. At 10:17am, my cellphone rings and it is my daughter. I knew something was wrong the minute I saw the call, because she NEVER calls my cell. As I answered the phone, I could hear the house alarm blaring in the background, dogs barking and she was crying out for me. Not 10 seconds into the call, my monitoring company called my office phone. I answered and heard only one phrase "We have a front door notification". I immediately screamed dispatch the police and ran from my office. As I was running down the stairwell I could hear my daughter talking on the home phone. The last thing I heard before her cell disconnected was "He's in the house". My heart stopped.

My office is only about 10 minutes away, but it seemed like an eternity. I have a bunch of buddies on the police department and as I was trying to call her back and flying through traffic and red lights, one of my friends called when he heard the call go out for my address. He was about 4 minutes away and told me that he was in route. I continued to call her cell but got nothing. Every moment of her life flashed in front of my eyes. As I came flying down my street, I could see about 8 units parked in every direction, including on top of my lawn. I jumped out of my car and immediately saw they had what appeared to be a teenager handcuffed on my neighbor's lawn and then my friend grabbed me. I will never forget that feeling as long as I live. It was as if someone knocked the wind out of me. I couldn't speak. I just stared at him and finally said please tell me she's ok.

I could hear the police officers in my house over the radio saying that she was refusing to come out. The 911 dispatcher was telling her that everything was fine, but she refused to come out until I arrived. I could hear her saying "I'm not coming out until my daddy gets here". My little girl loves to go to the range and shoot with dad and today everything I taught her paid off.

She was walking from the kitchen to the den when she saw a guy running up the walkway through our glass front door. He began kicking it to force his way in. She immediately ran to the bookcase in the den and grabbed one of my guns along with the telephone and locked herself in the bathroom. She has been taught that if anything ever happens to get to a weapon and barricade yourself in a room. If they dare attempt to gain access to that room, you shoot, shoot and keep shooting.

It turns out that the guy had just carjacked someone about 3 blocks away and had jumped out of the car when he crashed it into a telephone pole. He took off on foot and saw a unit across the highway and tried to get into my home to hide.

The officers were amazed at how a 16 year old reacted in that situation. The dispatcher finally assured her that I was there. I called out to her and she slowly exited the bathroom still clenching the .45 she had grabbed. It was a very emotional time for both of us. When everything calmed down and they finished taking her statement, the police chief showed up and was joking around with her saying that he wants her to teach a class for the department. One of the officers commented that she grabbed the smallest and biggest gun she could. She told him that she loves her pink Glock 19, but it was upstairs. At that the officer said, well that 19 gives you 15 shots and that .45 only has 6, but it's a whole lot meaner. Without missing a beat, she said "Yeah, but I grabbed two extra clips when I grabbed the gun".

That's my girl!!!!
A pink G19? Gaston will be turning in his grave. Cool kid, though!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:34   #118
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Good story. It should be submitted to the Rifleman magazine.
The American Rifleman requires press reports to verify all articles before they print them. The AR vets all submissions to make sure they actually happened.

Funny isn't it? The AR has a policy to ensure fraudulant self-defense stories don't end up on it's pages. Why do you think they have a policy like that? The Armed Citizen does not publish stories as submitted by individuls, it publishes accounts printed in reliable news sources. Note that after each blurb there is credit given to the specific news outlet that did the original story? That is done to stop FICTIONAL accounts being passed off by people who would falsely report a FABRICATED incident.

Go figyuh!

Last edited by WiskyT; 05-25-2013 at 06:35..
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49   #119
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bno762 View Post
\Also, I'm betting the alarms hadn't sounded until the door broke open and by the time it did it sounds like the police arrived shortly after. Not sure how far the poo-bird made it in the home because that part is unclear.

Also I need to add, God help anyone that gets in an interrogation room with WiskyT!(meant that as a compliment not a slight)
The OP said that the alarm had activated when the ****bird broke the door by kicking it. He was pretty detailed describing how the kicks caused the door contacts to trigger the alarm which was so loud he could hear it over the phone. So, the home invader heard the alarm before he actually entered the home. He also surely heard the multiple dogs that were barking as described by the OP.

As to how far the invader got into the home, you note a lack of detail here. That's important. It's a big issue I have too. Omitting details can be important. Think about it, probably the single most important part of this whole story is how close the OP's daughter and the home invader came to each other. The OP was clear that the invader DID ENTER the home, but he simply leaves out where in the home the invader was and where that was in relation to his daughter.

The information about any confrontation between the daughter and the invader is crucial to the story. It's crucial to a police investigation too as any interaction between the two would determine exactly what type of crimes were committed. Did they meet up? Did the invader threaten the daughter? Did he flee immediately upon realizing the home was occupied? Did he detain her or attempt to remove her from the home? Was he only repelled by her threatened use of deadly force? Was she holding him at at bay until the police entered the home? Did he arm himself, or was he armed while in the home?

Old 05-25-2013, 06:58   #120
Green Mountain Boy

This is fixable op just hook us all up with a link and get us all on your level.

This is kinda like the thread where the guy uses the Mac 10 in his bathroom closet to have a matrix style gun battle with some gang bangers.

We all kept yelling Link Link! No link ever showed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote