Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-23-2013, 17:22   #61
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Cool story,except the part about grabbing extra "clips"...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-23-2013, 17:58   #62
ColdSteelNail

I'm so glad your daughter is ok. This is exactly why I have a gun in almost every room in the house.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 18:09   #63
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post

She was fine, for a while. .... snip by xArcher....

Three months after the robbery, she started having problems sleeping. Then, problems eating.

... snip by xArcher

Please, keep 'an eye' on your daughter. Watch for signs of stress.
I have a co worker who's daughter went through a similar ordeal. Keep a supportive observant eye on her.
xArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 18:38   #64
b_oglethorpe

That story brought tears to my eyes.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
b_oglethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 19:13   #65
dhoomonyou

Very happy ending
Give that girl a great big ice cream
Punk should hang

Good job daddy

And THANKS G-d.
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 19:34   #66
floraneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
So there was a carjacking with bailout and units on scene, all within 3 blocks of your house, but it took units four minutes to get there?
I didn't say there was a bailout with units on the scene. I said the teenager that they arrested and had cuffed on my neighbors lawn had carjacked someone about three blocks away. I found out today that he tested positive for Meth, so he was high when he ran the car into a telephone pole about a block from my front door. Someone who witnessed the wreck called the police. As this piece of trash was walking down the street, he saw the unit on the other side of the highway responding to the accident. That is when he took off and then tried to gain access to my home.

As for the 4 minutes, that is how far away my friend was when he heard the call go over the radio. He arrived after two other units, one of which was also on the way to the scene of the accident. The first unit arrived about two minutes after the alarm company called for the police to be dispatched.

You may want to read my post again carefully.

Last edited by floraneg; 05-23-2013 at 19:51..
floraneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 19:39   #67
floraneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
This + am I the only person that finds it amazing that someone would post this story here out of the wild blue as their first post? Strange.
Trio,

I would point you out to the post three above yours where I questioned why people were saying it was my first post. I've been a member since 2010 as you can see in my info. The senior member above your post said that the database was lost a few times and that may be the reason my post count shows so low. So, my post was not my first here on GT and was not as you imply "Out of the wild blue".
Old 05-23-2013, 19:52   #68
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by floraneg View Post
I didn't say there was a bailout with units on the scene. I said the teenager that they arrested and had cuffed on my neighbors lawn had carjacked someone about three blocks away. I found out today that he tested positive for Meth, so he was high when he ran the car into a telephone pole about a block from my front door. Someone who witnessed the wreck called the police. As this piece of trash was walking down the street, he saw the unit on the other side of the highway responding to the accident. That is when he took off and tried to then tried to gain access to my home.

As for the 4 minutes, that is how far away my friend was when he heard the call go over the radio. He arrived after two other units, one of which was also on the way to the scene of the accident. The first unit arrived about two minutes after the alarm company called for the police to be dispatched.

You may want to read my post again carefully.
The more I read your posts, the less I understand them. So, now you're saying that a teenager is walking down the street, sees a radio car, and decides to crash through someone's front door? Not that that makes a whole lotta sense, but was the home invader the carjacker?

You said the carjacker crashed and a unit was on scene. The carjacker did not bail out at this point?

There is a lot of confusion here.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 19:52   #69
Green Mountain Boy

Your status here does not matter. If you made it up that's on you. If you didn't see my first post. Good on you for teaching your daughter well. I will choose to believe every word you say.

God Bless, GMB

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 19:54   #70
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

Good for her..in my state she would probably be arrested for holding a hand gun not registered to her without a license..even if it was her dad's....
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 20:57   #71
floraneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
The more I read your posts, the less I understand them. So, now you're saying that a teenager is walking down the street, sees a radio car, and decides to crash through someone's front door? Not that that makes a whole lotta sense, but was the home invader the carjacker?

You said the carjacker crashed and a unit was on scene. The carjacker did not bail out at this point?

There is a lot of confusion here.
WOW Wisky, I debated whether or not to respond to you, because I'm not sure if you are serious with your questions or if you just post replies like this to everyone just to get your post count up, but here goes my last attempt.... I'll go REAL slow for you this time.

There......was......a.....carjacking three blocks from my house..... The carjacker.....crashed the car into a telephone pole at the end of my street..... about a block from my front door. When he crashed the car....he got out and began to walk away....Someone passing by witnessed the wreck and called the police............ Police car responds to call from witness to the wreck. Scumbag (Carjacker).............. walking down my street away from the wreck sees the police car dispatched to investigate the wreck....... Let's remember now he's high on Meth!!!!..... Carjacker sees police car across the highway heading to the wreck and takes off running...... I know this from the statement the witness gave who saw the wreck...... He then runs up to my front door and begins to kick at it causing the door to crack and the alarm contacts to disengage from each other and alarm goes off............ He's trying to get in my house to "Hide" from the police (Remember.....he's high on Meth)....... The carjacker, not the police officer........

Carjacker (Scumbag) = Teenager handcuffed on neighbors front lawn......

Carjacker is high on meth...... = teenager high on meth...... (Same person).............. Only one bad guy here........

No where in my post do I say that the carjacker bails out with a car on scene...... Again, you need to READ the words as they appear in the post and not embellish them or add to what is not there.

He did not bailout of the car and run down the street because he was being chased by police, he got out because he crashed into a pole. I'm taking the Meth had something to do with that. The witness said in her statement that he was just wondering around and walking very slowly down the street away from the accident. I'm guessing here, because remember I was at work and not there in person, but by the time he got down to my house and saw the police car across the highway (Same moment) responding to the wreck a few minutes had passed. Do we get it now?
Old 05-23-2013, 21:32   #72
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Just another dad (with a young son and daughter) glad to hear your girl is OK (and that you taught her so well). Good on both of you. Give her some extra hugs.

Great story with a great ending.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 23:22   #73
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
...There......was......a.....carjacking three blocks from my house..... The carjacker.....crashed the car into a telephone pole at the end of my street...

Surely there is a news link for this(?).
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:32   #74
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Surely there is a news link for this(?).
That might help clear things up since the OP seems to be "clarifying" his story.

Old 05-24-2013, 14:38   #75
r3dot

He's a trolling liar!!!! Don't believe him!!

Jeesh, people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:41   #76
cajun_chooter

I am so happy your daughter is ok.. and you did a wonderful job teaching her !!!!!
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:53   #77
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Without missing a beat, she said "Yeah, but I grabbed two extra clips when I grabbed the gun".

That's my girl!!!!
A responsible gun owner would have taught their daughter to say "magazines".

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:56   #78
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dot View Post
He's a trolling liar!!!! Don't believe him!!

Jeesh, people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes more sense than me asking questions to get my "post count" up. I don't even have a high rate of posting. There are people who have been here a couple of years with higher post counts than me. So yeah, I'm a post whore

Old 05-24-2013, 15:29   #79
BIGBEAR92314
KK6HKT

Glad your daughter is Ok. I'm gonna make sure my daughter reads this post.
BIGBEAR92314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:38   #80
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good job. Tell her good job too.

Ignore the trolls. They overran GT awhile ago. If you read enough you'll know who to ignore.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote