Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:47   #1
rustytxrx

Messiah

The Jewish believers are waiting on the Messiah to come (I think). The Christians a waiting on the second coming of Christ. If either came do you think you would believe it. How will the Messiah be identified?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00   #2
fgutie35

He explains that on the book that many here consider a fairy tale book. He even give you clues as to what to look for. Funny how I was just on another post with Brasso and his take on the second coming of Jesus. The question was not related, to this post, but his answer made a lot of sense, when looking at Messiah thru the eyes of the Christian, and thru the eyes of the Jew. For the Christian, the first coming of the Messiah was as the Lamb, and the promised of a return. For the jew, the first coming of the Messiah will be as the Lion (the second for the Christians). It makes sense if you devide Jews from Gentiles, and look at how God made a covenant with each group.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09   #3
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
He explains that on the book that many here consider a fairy tale book. He even give you clues as to what to look for. Funny how I was just on another post with Brasso and his take on the second coming of Jesus. The question was not related, to this post, but his answer made a lot of sense, when looking at Messiah thru the eyes of the Christian, and thru the eyes of the Jew. For the Christian, the first coming of the Messiah was as the Lamb, and the promised of a return. For the jew, the first coming of the Messiah will be as the Lion (the second for the Christians). It makes sense if you devide Jews from Gentiles, and look at how God made a covenant with each group.
Maybe more of them should have accepted Jesus at his coming.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13   #4
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
The Jewish believers are waiting on the Messiah to come (I think). The Christians a waiting on the second coming of Christ. If either came do you think you would believe it. How will the Messiah be identified?
You'll know him the second time because he will be accompanied by a small asian boy that he calls "Short Round". And they will set out to recover a magic stone that brings life to a small village. The thief Mola Ram will attempt to rip out messiah's heart while chanting "Kali Ma! Shakti Degi! Kali ma! Kali Ma! Kali Ma, Shakti Deh!". But messiah will ultimately prevail while chanting "Thum Shiva Ke Vishwasth Karthe Ho!" "You betrayed Shiva! Thum Shiva Ke Vishwasth Karthe Ho! You betrayed Shiva!"

That's about it.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14   #5
Glock36shooter

Oh there's a cute blonde chick too.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 05-09-2013, 13:14   #6
rustytxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Oh there's a cute blonde chick too.
I was just wondering how I would react if I switched on CNN, The first news was Messiah is here. LOL then I would jump on GTRI to see if we had any conversions

Last edited by rustytxrx; 05-09-2013 at 13:15..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 13:39   #7
Brasso

If He comes according to way the Bible says, which I believe He will, you will not need to turn on CNN to know about it.

You will either be transformed into an eternal form and meet Him in the air, or you will be praying for the very mountains to fall on you to hide you from His face.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Isa 66:14 “And you shall see, and your heart shall rejoice, and your bones flourish as tender grass. And the hand of יהוה shall be known to His servants, and His displeasure to His enemies.
Isa 66:15 “For look, יהוה comes with fire and with His chariots, like a whirlwind, to render His displeasure with burning, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
Isa 66:16 “For by fire and by His sword יהוה shall judge all flesh, and the slain of יהוה shall be many –
Isa 66:17 those who set themselves apart and cleanse themselves at the gardens after ‘One’ in the midst, eating flesh of pigs1 and the abomination and the mouse, are snatched away, together,” declares יהוה.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 05-09-2013 at 13:47..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 14:52   #8
DonCT

Quote:
He'll star in a string of Dos Equis commercials.
Old 05-09-2013, 22:02   #9
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCT View Post
He'll star in a string of Dos Equis commercials.
I don't always turn water into beer. But when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 05-09-2013, 22:10   #10
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I guess you'd expect Jesus to go with Dos Equis

You'll know him by his beer.

NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 22:32   #11
9jeeps

Well that was interesting then G36 puked in, as usual. Bless his heart. Seems he got a hard start somewhere. Now wants the world to be charmed by his wit, intellect and immaturity.

Word to the wise. NEVER/ EVER mock/curse GOD!!!!

Look it up most anywhere.....
Old 05-09-2013, 22:48   #12
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post
Well that was interesting then G36 puked in, as usual. Bless his heart. Seems he got a hard start somewhere. Now wants the world to be charmed by his wit, intellect and immaturity.

Really It is doctrine that we are talking about. The second coming of Christ. Do you really believe that Jesus is coming back in the clouds to put a fix to the earth?

This doctrine in particular is problematic. It is a false hope. People believe it though, and all beliefs have an effect on how we live our lives in the present.

Christianity teaches their children that Jesus is coming back to fix everything. These kids grow up believing this, and then have to struggle with the facts as they mature.

I'd prefer to get it out in the open and discuss it for what it is, rather then call it sacrosanct and taboo. The thread seemed to have digressed to poking fun at a hokey belief so I joined in. Really though, I don't mean to offend you. I apologize if I have. I know for sure that God is not offended.

Last edited by NMG26; 05-09-2013 at 22:49..
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38   #13
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post

God worships me. I can actually create life. I am actually real.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 05-10-2013, 07:27   #14
Brasso

Quote:
I thought the above was pretty funny.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18   #15
Roering
Sorting nuts

When he comes the second time, it will be pretty obvious.

Religious Issues

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:05   #16
rustytxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
When he comes the second time, it will be pretty obvious.

Religious Issues
Oh well, I have a dozen or so customers by that name already???? could you be a little more specific?
Old 05-10-2013, 18:12   #17
Vic Hays

Quote:
Oh well, I have a dozen or so customers by that name already???? could you be a little more specific?
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 18:27   #18
rustytxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
I think I would recognize Him.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58   #19
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
What's this winepress stuff have to do with anything, and is this real wine or just grape juice?

To paraphrase Capt Kirk.... Why does God need a winepress? Did he forget he can turn water into wine? Or did he borrow a winepress the first time?

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:07   #20
cesaros

So many questions that can be answered by Dr. Google.

Dr. Google will give you many areas of the Bible to look in.

I'm convinced the religious subforum is just a large troll gathering (I will contribute to said trollage)

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.

Last edited by cesaros; 05-12-2013 at 05:07..
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote