Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2013, 20:47   #1
brokenprism

Who Makes Glockmesiter Grip Plug?

Does anybody know who makes the grip plug that Glockmeister brands (crookedly) and sells? I just bought one off eBay and though it no doubt came out of a box o' plugs, and though I hoped for the best even after seeing that the sample was stenciled crooked, the Glockmeister logo on the one I got was cockeyed on the plug. This only bothers those of us with OCD. : )

Anyway, I've seen a variety of styles of plug, and I want the style that GM sells, just without their crooked logo. Scherer? Pearce?

Last edited by brokenprism; 05-16-2013 at 14:39..
brokenprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:26   #2
up1911fan

Wow. Ummm, does it do it's job?
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:33   #3
GlocksterJeff
Glock Armorer

I think they make their own plugs (probably in China). If you want an unmarked one that works well, try the Pearce brand.
GlocksterJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:55   #4
brokenprism

Quote:
Originally Posted by up1911fan View Post
Yeah, I know. That's an easy shot, huh? If I could do anything about it, I wouldn't be asking.

Last edited by brokenprism; 05-15-2013 at 21:59..
Old 05-15-2013, 21:58   #5
brokenprism

It's flat -- a nice blend to the frame. I bought one once sight unseen and it was rounded, like a bubble. Don't want that, so I was looking for something that's the same contour, but un-branded.

The more I look at it, the less it bothers me, but if you're not bothered by something like this, you have no idea what it is to be bothered by it. I like clean finishes too, which rubs "finish character" guys wrong way. Vive la difference.

Last edited by brokenprism; 05-15-2013 at 22:00..
Old 05-16-2013, 05:52   #6
Jeffrey Lebowski
Not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by up1911fan View Post
Which is what, precisely?
Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:09   #7
mo.glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
Does naybody know who makes the grip plug that Glockmeister brands (crookedly) and sells? I just bought one off eBay and though it no doubt came out of a box o' plugs, and though I hoped for the best even after seeing that the sample was stenciled crooked, the Glockmeister logo on the one I got was cockeyed on the plug. This only bothers those of us with OCD. : )

Anyway, I've seen a variety of styles of plug, and I want the style that GM sells, just without their crooked logo. Scherer? Pearce?
Glockpolishing on eBay sells g/m plugs that are unbranded-jeff

Last edited by mo.glocker; 05-16-2013 at 06:10..
mo.glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:36   #8
Bob Hafler

Man if that bothers you, I can only imagine what slight (seam) mold imperfections on the frame must do? Sorry to hear about your illness. But really dude it's just a pistol, There are many like it. and it's not a new Corvette or Cobra. Instead of getting all OCD over the looks, why not really enjoy it for it's intended propose and go shoot the hell out of it. Or will the GSR on the end of the barrel and frame send you completely over the top? I promise, if you do shoot it and get real good groupings with it you'll enjoy getting OCD over those results more then you will the pistol itself.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:08   #9
up1911fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Which is what, precisely?
Plugging the grip to prevent debris from entering the frame. As a side note, I find a grip plug akin to adding a magwell on a 1911. Reloads become smoother and more consistent.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 14:38   #10
brokenprism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hafler View Post
Man if that bothers you, I can only imagine what slight (seam) mold imperfections on the frame must do? Sorry to hear about your illness. But really dude it's just a pistol, There are many like it. and it's not a new Corvette or Cobra. Instead of getting all OCD over the looks, why not really enjoy it for it's intended propose and go shoot the hell out of it. Or will the GSR on the end of the barrel and frame send you completely over the top? I promise, if you do shoot it and get real good groupings with it you'll enjoy getting OCD over those results more then you will the pistol itself.
Don't know whether to say 'thanks' or what. It depends on what your motive was when you took (what looks to me) like a cheap shot masquerading as advice. It comes across as a morally superior tone, but for what? To tell me what I already know -- that the defect is small and doesn't affect the function of the gun? I know that. But if you weren't going to contribute to the solution -- telling me where to find a blank plug -- why say anything at all? To make me look stupid, I guess.

But, advice about what I should be concerned with noted, thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 14:46   #11
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

I have had good results in the past with the Pearce ones and the ones from Lone Wolf, but I do not use them anymore.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 15:26   #12
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Mine is a Pearce plug. Do what you want bro, its "your" Glock. I store Tic-Tacs up inside mine-so my breath is always fresh at the range!
General Glocking

Last edited by Delmonte67; 05-16-2013 at 17:25..
Delmonte67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:11   #13
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Best of all of them!

http://www.jentraplug.com/product.htm
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51   #14
PVolk

I run the Jentra and Ghost on my Glocks. Both look and fit great, but I like the Ghost a little more because it has a nice bevel on the inside edge to help funnel the magazine into the magwell.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55   #15
PVolk

I just google imaged the Glockmesiter Grip Plug and it looks identical to my Ghost plug, minus the branding. So I'll bet that's who Glockmesiter is getting them from.