SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:19   #21
Adamz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa1115 View Post
The G26 is such a soft shooter that i came to the realization that the pinky finger is way over rated and totally unnecessary for good marksmanship.
Agreed. The pinky offers no advantage in grip. Try to grab something with your pinky and thumb, it's tough. It's just a matter of comfort for most. You lose all the advantage of a short grip by adding extensions that aren't needed. I Edc a g33 with a flush floor plate.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:07   #22
Indy_Tim

I have a Gen 4 G27 and bought the Pierce extensions for two of its magazines. I figured I'd use the extended mags most of the time but would use the flat floor plate mag when I really needed to conceal. I find now that I never carry with the extended mags. I shoot the gun just fine with the stock base plate and since my backup mag is a G23 mag, the extended base plate mags just don't get used any longer.
Indy_Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15   #23
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Stomper View Post
If you go with any + extensions stick with the Glock factory extension. Tried some others but found the Glock OEM were the best. My opinion of course.
What Glock extension do you prefer, and why? What other extensions did you try and why/how did you find them to be less desirable?

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:40   #24
G19ftw

Flush! If I'm gonna carry a G26, its because I can't conceal my G19. I need it to be as small as possible when I need it. I can fire it just fine without an extension. I see pinky extension like a crutch when it comes to subcompacts.
G19ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:11   #25
djegators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I've had a Glock 26 since 2005. For five and a half of those years it has been my only daily carry gun. I have a stock flush fitting 10 round mag, one with the GAP ledge that was linked above, a +0 Pearce pinky extension and a +2. I also have plenty of 15 and 17 round magazines (and a G19 I've had since 2009).

I primarily carry with the +0 extension, but I do often use the GAP baseplate from concealablecontrol as well. The most noticeable difference I see is in the draw, although follow up shots do seem to be faster (haven't tested enough with the timer to quantify it).

This inevitably turns into a discussion about "why put an extension on a sub compact instead of just getting a compact?".

Well, in my (extensive) experience, a sub (like a G26) with a +0 pinky extension carries/conceals better than a compact (like a G19). It's very easy to grow a sub, but not so easy to shrink a compact.

Bottom line:
If I could only have one gun, it would be a Glock 26. For my birthday later this year I am fairly certain I will be getting a second Glock 26. The G19 is nice, but it cannot do what the G26 can...while the G26 can (basically) do what the G19 does.

Good post. I mostly prefer the stock flush mag, but I am going to start trying out the GAP floorplates. No extension is needed to effectively shoot the 26.

SHOT 2013:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
djegators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17   #26
cusn

I wouldn't go out and buy all kinds of mag extensions until you find out for yourself wether or not you need them. It felt awkward at first to curl the pinky underneath but awkward or not my shooting was not affected. Now I am used to it.

That being said, I do have a couple mag extensions so that when I shoot IDPA with the G26 I can chamber a round and still have 10 in the mag. However, my subsequent reloads always use the flush 10 round mags.
cusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32   #27
AngelDeville
NoHablaMexican

I have huge hands, but my two favorite pistols are the OM 1911, and the G26.

I have not problem with control with either pistol. I prefer the flush floorplate on the G26. and if if I think I'll be in a bad neighborhood I carry extra G17 mags.

But what works for me may not work for you.
AngelDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:59   #28
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHoffmann View Post
Try them....you will love them!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
I tried them.......didn't love them
Old 05-16-2013, 10:27   #29
Clusterfrack

When I first got my 26, I tried the Pierce extension and it pinched the fluffy rainbow bunny out of my finger every time the gun fired. Then (as people mentioned above) I realized that it's not needed. When I need a spare mag, I carry a 17 or 19.

I may try the Gap plate sometime though, to help with the draw.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:24   #30
G26S239
NRA Patron

I tried the Pearce +0 extensions on my first 26 for a few months. I determined that I shoot better with the stock flat base plates so I sent the Pearce to my friend in Utah, now deceased, who had a 27. He really liked them.

Quote:
Bottom line:
If I could only have one gun, it would be a Glock 26. For my birthday later this year I am fairly certain I will be getting a second Glock 26. The G19 is nice, but it cannot do what the G26 can...while the G26 can (basically) do what the G19 does.
Good idea Warp. I bought my spare 26 in Nov 2007 and like having it. I have only put 600 or 700 rounds through it to confirm function so it is still very new looking.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:03   #31
ModernKolash
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
I tried the Pearce +0 extensions on my first 26 for a few months. I determined that I shoot better with the stock flat base plates so I sent the Pearce to my friend in Utah, now deceased, who had a 27. He really liked them.

Good idea Warp. I bought my spare 26 in Nov 2007 and like having it. I have only put 600 or 700 rounds through it to confirm function so it is still very new looking.
Or your could get a G19 and cut the grip down to fit the G26 mags. haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ModernKolash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:26   #32
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernKolash View Post
Or your could get a G19 and cut the grip down to fit the G26 mags. haha.
I have put my 19 upper on my 26 just to check it out and I know some people have gone the route you mention. I am too used to the 26 OR the 19 for the hybrid to work for me.

General Glocking
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29   #33
ModernKolash
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
I have put my 19 upper on my 26 just to check it out and I know some people have gone the route you mention. I am too used to the 26 OR the 19 for the hybrid to work for me.

General Glocking
Yeah, a grip reduction (grip chop) isn't for everyone. I am SUPER glad I did it thought. No regrets. the 19 on the 26 frame always looked weird to me. haha

ModernKolash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 13:44   #34
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
When I first got my 26, I tried the Pierce extension and it pinched the fluffy rainbow bunny out of my finger every time the gun fired. Then (as people mentioned above) I realized that it's not needed. When I need a spare mag, I carry a 17 or 19.

I may try the Gap plate sometime though, to help with the draw.
Hey--that is NOT what I said!
Old 05-16-2013, 13:59   #35
snowbird.40

Lots of good comments on mag extensions and I agree with them all regarding a bit easier draw, especially with the X-Grip adapter on a G19 magazine for IDPA matches, home defense, car defense, etc. For 90% of my needs I can easily carry with a Galco Ultimate Second Amendment in horsehide no one is the wiser in Arizona or other hot climates even with shorts and t-shirts or golf shirts. I've even been known to tuck those shirts and as long as I use the flush magazine or GAP baseplate, I feel very discreet.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the shorter barrel makes a HUGE difference to me in terms of comfort when sitting compared to a G19 or G23. Much less likely to have the barrel digging in to the top of your thigh.

Another very big advantage is the (apparently) inherent accuracy advantages of the G26 over all other 9mm Glocks. I read about it in the 2012 edition of The Complete Book of Handguns edited by Massad Ayoob and published by Harris Outdoors and it has proven itself many times over since I picked up my Gen 4 Model 26 last fall. I even made Expert in the SSP division of the IDPA Classifier in March and shot the 20-yard strings better than I'd ever done with larger Glocks.

You can't go wrong with a G26. It's now my ONLY gun and I have never felt better about my self defense situation.
Old 05-16-2013, 14:08   #36
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

I have some kind of extender on all of my G26 magazines. I find that they give me a better grip and subsequently more confidence in my draw, which is the first step to selecting an appropriate target and (ultimately) landing a good shot. You don't want to fumble your draw in SHTF situation. It would be all downhill from there, IMO.

I prefer Pearce extenders. I don't find that they make that much of a difference in the concealability of my G26. I'm pocket carrying one with a +3 extender in a Desantis Nemesis right now.
Old 05-16-2013, 14:25   #37
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

It really just comes down to personal preference. Some like them, some don't. I use Pearce +1 extensions on mine. I just like the full grip feeling to shoot. I measured it. It doesn't really add more than about 1/2 an inch to the size of the pistol, so it's still pretty concealing.

Last edited by SGT278ACR; 05-16-2013 at 15:39..
SGT278ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 14:42   #38
Ricky Ricardo

Quote:
I've had a Glock 26 since 2005. For five and a half of those years it has been my only daily carry gun. I have a stock flush fitting 10 round mag, one with the GAP ledge that was linked above, a +0 Pearce pinky extension and a +2. I also have plenty of 15 and 17 round magazines (and a G19 I've had since 2009).

I primarily carry with the +0 extension, but I do often use the GAP baseplate from concealablecontrol as well. The most noticeable difference I see is in the draw, although follow up shots do seem to be faster (haven't tested enough with the timer to quantify it).

This inevitably turns into a discussion about "why put an extension on a sub compact instead of just getting a compact?".

Well, in my (extensive) experience, a sub (like a G26) with a +0 pinky extension carries/conceals better than a compact (like a G19). It's very easy to grow a sub, but not so easy to shrink a compact.

Bottom line:
Well stated.

I carry a G26 or a G27 depending on how I feel that day. I use extensions on both for the same reasons you pointed out.
Ricky Ricardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 14:52   #39
scattershot

i like the Pearce extension. One more round in my G27, and more comfortable to me. Necessary? no, but I like 'em.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 23:56   #40
Cirdan

I put a Pearce +0 on one mag and went to the range. Liked it so much I went back to the shop and got another one.

The pinky doesn't really do anything, but the feel is much better with it resting on the extension.
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote