Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2013, 20:35   #1
jthrelf

Grip Extension on G26 - Yes or No?

Who uses grip extenders on their G26 magazines? Do you find them necessary or do you just prefer the stock flush floor plate?

I'm considering adding a G26 for another carry option. Currently its either a snub (LCR) or G17 so something to go in between those two in terms of size/capacity would be nice.

My concern is basically "needing" the grip extenders to have good control, but then having ability to conceal being hindered.

I suppose draw is easier with extenders as well. But then with the extenders, going to the G19 might not be much more of a step up, and you get the extra 5 rounds.

Insight is appreciated
jthrelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 20:38   #2
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 20:46   #3
Glock40man

I don't think they are necessary to shoot the baby Glocks well. But, YMMV.
Old 05-15-2013, 21:04   #4
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've had a Glock 26 since 2005. For five and a half of those years it has been my only daily carry gun. I have a stock flush fitting 10 round mag, one with the GAP ledge that was linked above, a +0 Pearce pinky extension and a +2. I also have plenty of 15 and 17 round magazines (and a G19 I've had since 2009).

I primarily carry with the +0 extension, but I do often use the GAP baseplate from concealablecontrol as well. The most noticeable difference I see is in the draw, although follow up shots do seem to be faster (haven't tested enough with the timer to quantify it).

This inevitably turns into a discussion about "why put an extension on a sub compact instead of just getting a compact?".

Well, in my (extensive) experience, a sub (like a G26) with a +0 pinky extension carries/conceals better than a compact (like a G19). It's very easy to grow a sub, but not so easy to shrink a compact.

Bottom line:
If I could only have one gun, it would be a Glock 26. For my birthday later this year I am fairly certain I will be getting a second Glock 26. The G19 is nice, but it cannot do what the G26 can...while the G26 can (basically) do what the G19 does.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 05-15-2013 at 21:16..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:15   #5
Gaston Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I've had a Glock 26 since 2005. For five and a half of those years it has been my only daily carry gun. I have a stock flush fitting 10 round mag, one with the GAP ledge that was linked above, a +0 Pearce pinky extension and a +2. I also have plenty of 15 and 17 round magazines (and a G19 I've had since 2009).

I primarily carry with the +0 extension, but I do often use the GAP baseplate from concealablecontrol as well. The most noticeable difference I see is in the draw, although follow up shots do seem to be faster (haven't tested enough with the timer to quantify it).

This inevitably turns into a discussion about "why put an extension on a sub compact instead of just getting a compact?".

Well, in my (extensive) experience, a sub (like a G26) with a +0 pinky extension carries/conceals better than a compact (like a G19). It's very easy to grow a sub, but not so easy to shrink a compact.

Bottom line:
If I could only have one gun, it would be a Glock 26. For my birthday later this year I am fairly certain I will be getting a second Glock 26.
Perfect post
Gaston Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:18   #6
dsa1115

The G26 is such a soft shooter that i came to the realization that the pinky finger is way over rated and totally unnecessary for good marksmanship.
dsa1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:29   #7
VonHoffmann

I totally agree that the grip extensions are not needed to control the g26.

I do carry mine with the 10 round mag and the gap floor plate for a more secure draw.

I also carry (2) spare magazines on my week side; either (2) 10 round Mag's with the +2 grip extension or (2) GLOCK 19 Mag's with the xgrip sleave, but that is only for higher round counts for reloads......not for added control.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by VonHoffmann; 05-15-2013 at 21:35..
VonHoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:31   #8
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I should specify...I never carry with the stock flush 10 round magazine any more. I haven't for a long time. As soon as I tried those GAP floor plates they took the place of the flush mags. I personally see no reason at all to carry with the stock regular flush plate when you can go with the GAP plate instead.

And I checked my mags, I don't have any with the stock baseplate anymore. They all have GAP plates now. Or a +0 pinky extension or a +2.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:35   #9
The Faux King
Carry the Zero

I have been waiting for the opportunity to try the gap plates for my G26. The grip is fine for mr and I don't need a place for my pinky, but I would like to see how they effect the draw.
The Faux King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:36   #10
VonHoffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Faux King View Post
I have been waiting for the opportunity to try the gap plates for my G26. The grip is fine for mr and I don't need a place for my pinky, but I would like to see how they effect the draw.
Try them....you will love them!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
VonHoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:37   #11
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

I carry my G26 with the GLOCK 12rd mags.

hard to find, not cheap, but they are worth it!
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:39   #12
Gaston Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
I carry my G26 with the GLOCK 12rd mags.

hard to find, not cheap, but they are worth it!
I carry the 10 round in weapon and a 17 round mag as backup...
Gaston Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 21:53   #13
ETNSHOOTER

Get GAP floor plates and a set of Talon grips. It makes a great little gun even better. G26 rules the sub compact world!! IMHO.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ETNSHOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 22:35   #14
The Faux King
Carry the Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHoffmann View Post
Try them....you will love them!
Once I find someone at the range with them on their magazines I will make my decision -- I am too cheap to shell out $20 for something I may or may not like!
Old 05-15-2013, 22:39   #15
Boot Stomper

If you go with any + extensions stick with the Glock factory extension. Tried some others but found the Glock OEM were the best. My opinion of course.
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 00:17   #16
Inebriated

I use Pierce +0 extensions once-in-a-while, but most of the time, I use the flush mag. When my GAP floorplates arrive, I have a feeling I'll be using them all of the time.

For me, the +0 extensions are concealable, but I prefer to carry at 3:00, and they poke out just a hair. They don't offer very much in the way of retention during the draw, so I generally don't bother using them. I just carry my 19 if I want a bigger grip.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:59   #17
Bob Hafler

I bought my safe queen g26 used from a friend. It already had pearce extension grips on the mags. I'm sure I'd have no problem shooting it without them on there, but I will say I do like them, and have no plans of removing them. They really do not play a part in trying to CC the pistol.
Being that they were on there when I got the pistol I always forget they were an add on accessory.

Last edited by Bob Hafler; 05-16-2013 at 04:04..
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:43   #18
F-111 John

I use the Pearce PG 2733 +1 floorplates on my G26. Supposed to be +1 for the G27 and G33, +2 on the G26, but I have to force (using an UpLULA) the 12th round into the magazine, so I carry with 11.

General Glocking
F-111 John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08   #19
pipedreams

Carry 10 rounds in weapon with the GAP plate and 17 round mag in the truck.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08   #20
Bob Hafler

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
I use the Pearce PG 2733 +1 floorplates on my G26. Supposed to be +1 for the G27 and G33, +2 on the G26, but I have to force (using an UpLULA) the 12th round into the magazine, so I carry with 11.

General Glocking
LOL Yea that's another feature I always took for granted and never give much thought when using the Pearce extension grips. +1 capability. I never even tried to put the 12 th round in the mag.. Thought it might be putting a little to much pressure on the mag spring. 11+1 in a pistol the size of a g26 isn't bad.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote