CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Cynthia Tucker: Reframe gun debate as child-safety issue

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion...ety_issue.html
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:45   #2
tarpleyg

I stopped reading when I got to;

"According to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, an average of eight Americans under the age of 20 are killed by firearms every day."

Why is it that they always include these 18 and 19 uear old "children" in their "studies" and why is it that they never divulge who these people are likely to be or how and why they are killed.

Your precious article made a claim that a child dies every 7 1/2 hours by a gun. I'd love to see how they manufactured that number.

tarpleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:07   #3
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Gang Bangers help to pad all the numbers.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:34   #4
HalfHazzard
Señor Member

I think this is good, we should definitely mention the fact that guns in the home can protect women and children from home invasion.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Burgl...-97430719.html
Old 05-15-2013, 11:19   #5
RayB
Retired Member

They never rest and they never give up! And they almost always come from the Left!

This is why all of us, to some extent, have to get involved in politics; because people a lot dumber than you and I, are involved! And if you let them, they'll make the policies we all have to live by!

For those who sit out elections, pretending that the conditions of Bad and Worse don't exist, keep in mind that the Obama-Biden Dog and Pony Show was reelected by fewer people than voted for McCain-Palin.

If you want a viable Third Party, then get to work now! Don't wait till the next election!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:34   #6
svtpwnz

I think the campaigner in chief is going to be too busy dealing with the Benghazi, IRS, AP etc. to concern himself with any more gun control measures. Especially after the last gun grab measure recently didn't even make it past the Senate. Anything is possible though and certainly everyone here doesn't need to let their guard down for even a second.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:56   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

2/3 of annual gun related Homicides are due to suicides

During 2000.[6] Two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides. Of the 30,470 firearm-related deaths in the United States in 2010, 19,392 (63.6%) were suicide deaths, and 11,078 (36.4%) homicide deaths.[7]

Are criminals and people with criminal records often gun homicide victims

People with a criminal record were also more likely to die as homicide victims.[14] Between 1990 and 1994, 75% of all homicide victims age 21 and younger in the city of Boston had a prior criminal record. [38]In Philadelphia, the percentage of those killed in gun homicides that had prior criminal records increased from 73% in 1985 to 93% in 1996.[14][39]In Richmond, Virginia, the risk of gunshot injury is 22 times higher for those males involved with crime.[40]

Who is most represented in gun related homicides

Youths and Hispanic and African American males in the United States were the most represented, with the injury and death rates tripling for black males aged 13 through 17 and doubling for black males aged 18 through 24.[14][20] The rise in crack cocaine use in cities across the United Statesis often cited as a factor for increased gun violence among youths during this time period.[26][27][28]
The Okie Corral

In 2010, 211 children were killed in drunk driving crashes. Out of those 211 deaths, 131 (62 percent) were riding with the drunk driver. The Okie Corral (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. “Traffic Safety Facts 2010: Alcohol Impaired Driving” Washington DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2011.)

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:07   #8
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Cynthia Tucker is, was, always has been, and always will be an idiot. The only ones who pay her any attention at all have to be even stupider than she is. She makes Juan Williams look like Mensa material.