GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 06:47   #51
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage
 
F14Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 3,988


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
People are born pedophiles. People are born polyamorous. What's the trouble with those lifestyles? Surely if the parties are consenting, no harm no foul.
Ah, the ol' "blending arguments" tactic.

Polyamorous: Who cares? Consenting adults. Plenty of adults are serially polyamourous, many on the same day, even. Are you objecting to them, or just ones who admit and/or formalize the arrangement?

Pedophile: Crime against a party who cannot consent. Protecting children is a pretty simple rule. Lock the abusers in a room and throw away the room.
__________________
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
F14Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49   #52
GLWyandotte
Carbon User
 
GLWyandotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
Oh, you poor Christians are being oppressed and are in the minority?

It must be hard finding a place to worship. It's not like you can walk down the street and find a church in every town in every state.

It's not like the currency and the pledge to our flag references your god for no reason.

It's not like a lot of Christian-named hospitals are devoted to a Christian-friendly healing environment with mini churches inside them, complete with pastors and doctors who will pray with you.

It's not like when your holidays come around, the government lets everyone off work and gives you a great deal on a flat screen TV.

What were the last 43 presidents again? Christians, and will probably stay that way because you'll never vote otherwise. That's tolerance there.

It's not like they make you swear to tell the truth by putting your hand on a bible. Oh wait...

And just why do you suppose that is?
It's because people had a respect for God before throwing Christians under the bus and blaming all of the woes of society on being oppressed by them and their "damn morals." Whether you went to Church or not, there was respect. The same respect that brings countless people into Churches for weddings, funerals and baptisms, people who are never to be seen in that Church again: but hey why take the chance on there not being a God?
Bible thumpers had nothing to do with Obongo being elected. You might as well blame the whole two party system and the slow and deliberate dismantling of morality under the guise of "freedom". Freedom has always been there for those who aren't afraid to use it and it now has become the tool to turn our society into a place where abhorrent is normal.
__________________
Dayenu!

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:55   #53
GLWyandotte
Carbon User
 
GLWyandotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by F14Scott View Post
Ah, the ol' "blending arguments" tactic.

Polyamorous: Who cares? Consenting adults. Plenty of adults are serially polyamourous, many on the same day, even. Are you objecting to them, or just ones who admit and/or formalize the arrangement?

Pedophile: Crime against a party who cannot consent. Protecting children is a pretty simple rule. Lock the abusers in a room and throw away the room.
Blending?
Like when people feel that giving another inch of gun control to liberals won't lead to them taking more? I guess that theory's in the toilet.

As for Pedophiles- at what age is consent? Very young children are one thing, but teens are quite another. Most states consider the age of consent 18. If it's 18, then why are hundreds of teens charged with capitol offenses every year? So they are concious of a decision to murder, but not aware of the consequences of having sex with a legal adult?
__________________
Dayenu!

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01   #54
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage
 
F14Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 3,988


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Blending?
Like when people feel that giving another inch of gun control to liberals won't lead to them taking more? I guess that theory's in the toilet.

As for Pedophiles- at what age is consent? Very young children are one thing, but teens are quite another. Most states consider the age of consent 18. If it's 18, then why are hundreds of teens charged with capitol offenses every year? So they are concious of a decision to murder, but not aware of the consequences of having sex with a legal adult?
On point A, I would maintain that the methods of friction other adults choose to employ in their bedrooms do not affect you or me in the least. Gun control laws do affect you and me.

On point B, I agree completely with you. I think the tapestry of different ages of adulthood are a source of great confusion and legal ambiguity. I think there should be one age at which one can vote, drink, drive, have sex, marry, serve in the military, ...everything. Prior to that, one is a child. Maybe the age could be 18, but there could be a process by which a child and/or his parents could "test out."
__________________
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
F14Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:03   #55
raydobbs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minneapolis, MN or thereabouts...
Posts: 348
Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
man i bet some of you are still pissed off about those uppity women and black folk getting the right to vote too.

seriously, listen to yourselves and read your own posts. you're no better than the ignorant bigots we had 60 years ago.
No s**t, man. Sometimes I have to at some of the stuff people actually let come out of their mouths in public sometimes.
raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:04   #56
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Blending?
Like when people feel that giving another inch of gun control to liberals won't lead to them taking more? I guess that theory's in the toilet.

As for Pedophiles- at what age is consent? Very young children are one thing, but teens are quite another. Most states consider the age of consent 18. If it's 18, then why are hundreds of teens charged with capitol offenses every year? So they are concious of a decision to murder, but not aware of the consequences of having sex with a legal adult?
So because it's hard to define an "adult" gays can't get married. What?
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:06   #57
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,483
If you let men have sex with 17 year old girls, then they will want to have sex with 16 year olds, 15, 14 then 13. Where does it stop? outlaw all sex!

Isn't that your argument for allowing pedophilia because we allow gay marriage? How silly does it look now?
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:12   #58
raydobbs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minneapolis, MN or thereabouts...
Posts: 348
Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
If you let men have sex with 17 year old girls, then they will want to have sex with 16 year olds, 15, 14 then 13. Where does it stop? outlaw all sex!

Isn't that your argument for allowing pedophilia because we allow gay marriage? How silly does it look now?
Yeah, before we know it - we'll have rivers and seas boiling, the sky turning the color of blood... and dogs and cats, living together - MASS HYSTERIA! :wink:
raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:22   #59
GLWyandotte
Carbon User
 
GLWyandotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
If you let men have sex with 17 year old girls, then they will want to have sex with 16 year olds, 15, 14 then 13. Where does it stop? outlaw all sex!

Isn't that your argument for allowing pedophilia because we allow gay marriage? How silly does it look now?

Do you really believe that it's not a slippery slope? I appreciate everyone's thought's on freedom, but seriously, substitute gun control ammendments into any of the arguments and your neck hairs would be raised in a minute.
Human decency toward one another dictates we love each other...no problem! This is not a condonement for homosexuals to marry.
__________________
Dayenu!

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28   #60
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,688
Blog Entries: 1
It's going to be pretty easy at this point to observe the states who allow gay marriage and see if it causes the end of civilization.
I'm sure the results are going to be just as severer as when a state foolishly allows it citizens to carry around loaded guns concealed.
I'm sure the religious crazies will continue to say it's the end of the world even after nothing happens.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43   #61
GVFlyer
Senior Member
 
GVFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the air.
Posts: 6,606
My only comment on this issue is that same-sex pair-bonding is not a biologically successful strategy. Were we all to be this way, there would be no subsequent generations of our species.
__________________
The Truth Only Hurts If It Should.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50   #62
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,688
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
My only comment on this issue is that same-sex pair-bonding is not a biologically successful strategy. Were we all to be this way, there would be no subsequent generations of our species.
It's not. But for some reason heterosexual couples continue to produce homosexual offspring at about a rate of 5% or less. And it's not just humans.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54   #63
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic
 
Diesel McBadass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,859
I think its so funny that people here who claim to believe in individual rights, limited government and strict interpretation of the constitution, want to violate the first ammendment and the rights of gay people because of their 2000 year old values and force their views on others with laws.

Let gay people marry, they already live together and oh nos have sex. Stop hating and the gop may win an election too.
__________________
Rest In Peace Silent_Runner.
Diesel McBadass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56   #64
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 31,936
I could care less,........as long as they are paying taxes!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15   #65
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I could care less,........as long as they are paying taxes!
and I'm hoping there is a trip north in your future!
We have some shooting to do and I'm sure that one of us owes the other a beer or two.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire. :cool:

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-16-2013 at 08:15..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47   #66
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil
 
HKLovingIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out On The Tiles
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I think its so funny that people here who claim to believe in individual rights, limited government and strict interpretation of the constitution, want to violate the first ammendment and the rights of gay people because of their 2000 year old values and force their views on others with laws.

Let gay people marry, they already live together and oh nos have sex. Stop hating and the gop may win an election too.
That's what I'm saying. I don't care if you gay guys get married and divorced under your state's laws, if you feel you must.

I do think that once gay people start getting hit for alimony and losing houses and businesses in divorce settlements and court cases, some of the initial enthusiasm might wear off. Careful what you ask for.

Now on the the topic of a church wedding to go along with it, that's up to the church because it's a religious issue at that point. I don't see where you can have a Christian wedding ceremony between two guys or two girls. Maybe gay people can start their own churches or something if there isn't one already.
__________________
Jesus didn't have a stunt double, and neither do you...

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 05-16-2013 at 08:48..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52   #67
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,688
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post

Now on the the topic of a church wedding to go along with it, that's up to the church because it's a religious issue at that point. I don't see where you can have a Christian wedding ceremony between two guys or two girls. Maybe gay people can start their own churches or something if there isn't one already.
There are over 20,000 denominations of christianity. Some of them already accept gay marriage. It won't be an issue.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:21   #68
bmoore
Senior Member
 
bmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Under a regime.
Posts: 4,273
[QUOTE=jp3975;20293965]Good.

There's not reason for it to be illegal.

Only reason it is in most states is because a bunch of nosy people think they have the right to tell others how to live their lives.[/QUOT

This.
__________________
RIP Okie
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:26   #69
bmoore
Senior Member
 
bmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Under a regime.
Posts: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Being able to marry is but a smokescreen for the real agenda: to ram down the collective public's throat the idea that the Gay, Lesbian, Transsexual, ad nauseum, lifestyle is normal and something to ascribe to.

Another step into the abyss.
I see what you are saying here but I disagree with you. I think with any groups your going to have the radical nuts, in this case the gays that will "want to shove it down your throats". I think you are correct that this will happen, but only in a small percentage. I think the majority are going to get on with, live their lives and be happy.
__________________
RIP Okie
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48   #70
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
My only comment on this issue is that same-sex pair-bonding is not a biologically successful strategy. Were we all to be this way, there would be no subsequent generations of our species.
And yet it's happened in various species for thousand of years...

To the people who think homosexuality is just a popular trend people are choosing to engage in, did you choose to be attracted to women? I know I didn't choose to be attracted to women. Even if I thought bein gay was the coolest thing ever, I could not, for the life of me, be attracted to men. Not a choice.

I know a gay guy that would go straight in a heart beat to avoid the ridicule and isolation from his friends, family, and people in general. Tried to hide it and force himself to date women for 10 years. He doesn't glorify the homo lifestlye, he isn't forcing choices on anyone. He didn't choose to be attracted to men. Just wired like that. Guess what? He wasn't socialized to be gay. He was raised by a gun loving, bible thumping, country living logger.

Live and let live. The gays aren't out to convert you, don't worry.

Don't like or agree with gay marriage?

Don't marry a gay. That'll show em.

Last edited by Dubble-Tapper; 05-16-2013 at 10:49..
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 13:28   #71
J_Rico
Senior Member
 
J_Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,418
Good for MN. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I think people should marry who they want.

And as many as they want. If three (or more) people want to make a go at a relationship, who am I to tell them they are wrong?
__________________
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
-- Thomas Jefferson
J_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 13:37   #72
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I think its so funny that people here who claim to believe in individual rights, limited government and strict interpretation of the constitution, want to violate the first ammendment and the rights of gay people because of their 2000 year old values and force their views on others with laws.

Let gay people marry, they already live together and oh nos have sex. Stop hating and the gop may win an election too.
Exactly.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 13:22   #73
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic
 
3rdgen40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,207
I prefer same sex sex rather than marriage :D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
BIG BORE FAN
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 15:20   #74
method
Senior Member
 
method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Most states consider the age of consent 18.
You should try researching that statement, or change your definition of 'most'.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 00:22   #75
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
ut hey why take the chance on there not being a God?
Bible thumpers had nothing to do with Obongo being elected. You might as well blame the whole two party system and the slow and deliberate dismantling of morality under the guise of "freedom". Freedom has always been there for those who aren't afraid to use it and it now has become the tool to turn our society into a place where abhorrent is normal.
Actually they did. A lot of people run from the right because of the zealous, who might otherwise vote right...or at least not hate our guts.

A lot of your lot, like to push your religion into law. Wasnt there a politician that said "in cases of rape women shouldnt be allowed to have abortions because women's bodies have a way of not carrying the baby if they're raped?"

Its stuff like this. And Romney said a ton of religious stuff, making people think that he might try to mix politics with religion. He might still not have won if he didnt act super religious...but I can assure you he lost a lot of votes because of it. He's not the only one.

Its why a lot of people hate the right.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
For clarification by stating "ascribe to" I mean as celebrating aberrant behavior as normal.

After all, if people are born gay then homosexuality, in evolutionary terms, cannot be solely genetic because otherwise the trait would have disappeared because gay people are far less likely to reproduce.
I dont think most want to "celebrate" it anymore than straight people want to celebrate straightness.

Most would like to not be treated like lepers. A reasonable desire. They are humans just like everyone else. And they arent hurting anyone in what they are doing.

How do you explain it then? Plenty of gays kill themselves because they may have a dad like you...who wont accept it. They want to be straight, but they arent. Tons of cases like that.

You believe in evolution? Thought you where a Christian? Just because a couple cant reproduce doesnt mean evolution weeds them out.

Perhaps they where meant to be the opposite sex and have abnormal brain chemistry. Who knows?

I have heard of cases of gay swans stealing eggs. And there are a number of other cases of gay behavior in the animal kingdom. Sort of pokes holes in your evolution idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Blending?
Like when people feel that giving another inch of gun control to liberals won't lead to them taking more? I guess that theory's in the toilet.

As for Pedophiles- at what age is consent? Very young children are one thing, but teens are quite another. Most states consider the age of consent 18. If it's 18, then why are hundreds of teens charged with capitol offenses every year? So they are concious of a decision to murder, but not aware of the consequences of having sex with a legal adult?
Gun control is no where near the same.

You're trying to compare people trying to take our rights vs, stopping people from having rights? Ridiculous.

On pedophiles...last time i checked, plenty are straight and like to meet young girls. So...ban straight marriage?

Even bringing up pedophilia in this pretty much discredits you...its so irrational.

"If we let gays marry the pedophiles will take our kids next."

Do you seriously not see how ludacris that is?

Consenting adults should be able to do as they please so long as they dont infringe upon the rights of another.

Gun grabbers are trying to infringe on your rights and you are trying to infringe on gay people's rights to do as they please.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
marriage, minnesota, scary gays!
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 690
172 Members
518 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42