SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:14   #1
ThreeRare

Glock 33 Barrel Help

Hello all,

This is my first post. I just got NIB G33 and have shot exactly 43 rounds through it. Some where speer gold dots and some were Remington JHP.

When I got home I wanted to clean it up and I noticed these small marks inside the barrel. They are located on the bottom of the barrel. Should these be there? I am new to pistols and apologize for any ignorance I may show. If more info is needed let me know. Oh yeah I cleaned out the barrel with the brush included with a new Glock, it didn't remove the marks.

I took the best pics I could as shown below.

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ThreeRare/media/DSC02974_zps57969333.jpg.html]General Glocking[/URL]

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ThreeRare/media/DSC02973_zps4d0ee543.jpg.html]General Glocking[/URL]

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ThreeRare/media/DSC02971_zps5986f1f2.jpg.html]General Glocking[/URL]
ThreeRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 20:14   #2
voyager4520
-----

Try a thorough cleaning with a good bore solvent and a phosphor bronze bristle brush. It'll help to turn the rod and brush clockwise as you move it through the bore.(the plastic bore rod that comes with a Glock will not accept the standard 8x32 threading that most bore brushes have)

It kind of looks like rust. What was the test-fire date or serial number prefix, and when did you purchase it? My G23 sat on the shelf for five years before I bought it but it was well taken care of by the shop owner. If you bought one that sat on the shelf for a few years it might not have been taken care of very well. It's also possible that when Glock made the barrel, after the nitration/case hardening process they didn't properly rinse the salts away. That has been seen with some NIB slides that rusted nearly completely orange after just a few days of being carried.

Last edited by voyager4520; 05-14-2013 at 20:16..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12   #3
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

The stock nylon brush is more than adequate, but you need a proper solvent to clean the bore.