Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12   #81
emtp2rn

Send a message via Yahoo to emtp2rn
If it is midnight or later, my gun comes with me to answer the door as people I associate with are in bed at that hour. If 911 is needed wife or kids can call, and yes they would call in this case. I also have a Kimber 2 shot pepper spray available if needed.
Para LDA 14
H&K USPc 45
emtp2rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:33   #82
kikr

This has happened to me. My wife grabs her gun, and the phone while gathering the kids into one of the back rooms. I position myself between them and the doors, with the shotgun,where I have a field of view of both external doors and post our dog at the door to the room the family is in. My wife deals with the police, I deal with the moron.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19   #83
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikr View Post
This has happened to me. My wife grabs her gun, and the phone while gathering the kids into one of the back rooms. I position myself between them and the doors, with the shotgun,where I have a field of view of both external doors and post our dog at the door to the room the family is in. My wife deals with the police, I deal with the moron.
What was the outcome?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 13:25   #84
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
So you wake up to someone pounding on your apartment door and yelling to open up. The time is 4am and it becomes apparent he's at the wrong apartment because he's calling someone's name to open up and come out. You yell back that there's no one here by that name, he's got the wrong place, so go away. Angry/drunk guy doesn't buy it, keeps pounding, yelling, and starts throwing his body against the door in an apparent attempt to break it in. You have a phone and a loaded gun nearby. What would you do? What order would you do it? Call 911? Grab gun first? Verbally warn the guy that you are armed?

This is based on a real scenario that happened to an aquaintance recently. I have my opinion; I'm interested in yours.
As long as it is not the police coming to get you , first call 811 and then wait for the guy to enter by breaking the door..this is based upon no dogs barking etc...then shoot the guy in the cojones..because he will die of pain before the leo gets there..

Now at my home where I live alone I will not respond to anyone and wait for them to enter. If they get the screen door open and start banging on the door..then I get ready to blow them away because I am in fear for my life and I will shoot in their direction. If you shoot the guy make sure you don't say something with lots of bravado because it could be used against you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 21:35   #85
Citadel15L

Similar situation occurred just a few months ago near where I live. Drunk Guy tries to get into what he thought was his own house real late one night. Door was unlocked so he walked in and gets shot and killed by the homeowner. Sad part is: the drunk guy was a 16 year old boy who lived next door and got confused.

Obviously this is different but my point is that I would attempt to communicate with this drunk and get them to identify themselves. A truly drunk person isn't going to hide their identity. I'm not aiming to kill if that door gets compromised. I'm swinging a baseball bat the instant that door goes down with gun on standby. With that being said, I live with a college roommate (who would most likely be with me in this situation) and no family to protect. I'm sure a wife and children will change a man's thought process in this situation.

Last edited by Citadel15L; 06-11-2013 at 21:36..
Citadel15L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:20   #86
JohnTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknee View Post
I would quickly log on to GlockTalk and solicit advice.

Then yell through the door, "I'm on GlockTalk right now. Yall better run!"
I really enjoyed reading all the posts. Got a good laugh with this one!
Seriously, I don't think having a discussion with the intruder is a good idea and I would not say I was armed. As one person said, he may leave but then know where to find a gun next time.
BTW, what time is zero dard thirty?

So, I would grab gun, grab phone, call 911 explain situation and that I am armed and ask for officers to identify themselves upon arrival ( in case he goes away briefly when cops arrive), leave phone line open.
I would the try to bark like a big nasty dog!
I would do my best to find myself a wife in case such a thing happens again so she could do the phone work, so 911 operator would not hear ME barking and think I'm crazy I would not care if operator thinks my new wife is crazy. It is ok to use a phone if you are crazy, but not a gun!

Last edited by JohnTM; 06-11-2013 at 22:24..
JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:40   #87
SomeDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockanatorrrrr View Post
I agree with most of this. I don't know if I would fire just because the door was breached. Gun would be aimed and ready to take him down. I'm not trigger happy.
I'm not trigger happy either, but if that door opens, I'm not taking the time to politely ask him what his intentions are with my daughters. I'm a husband and father first, which means their safety comes before any other consideration.
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:20   #88
kikr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
What was the outcome?
I got lucky. Police were nearby, and arrived very shortly. The freak ran when he heard the sirens and was picked up a few blocks away. Layout of that house, I was able to lookout a window in the scramble and get a look at the guy, so was able to give a good description. Kinda funny side note. A year later, I was working in the cities detox center and police brought this guy in, so I had to do his nursing assessment and start him on his detox protocol.