SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 18:04   #141
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

My guns are loaded 24/7/365.I can't believe there is so much debate over whether or not a gun that is used for personal protection should be loaded or not.:confused:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-16-2013, 18:57   #142
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
Wow, there are a lot of you guys that think the bad guy is going to be IN YOUR ROOM and then YOU'LL HAVE TO TO DRAW AND SHOOT?

Yikes!

First of all, how about keeping them OUT of your room in the first place, how about keeping them OUT of your abode???

Buy a Chihuahua or a guard parrot or maybe even a good security alarm system? How about good doors and windows and good door lock(s) AND door and window blocks?

Rant over.

I keep my G17L in an old American Security push button handgun safe (which I can open in the dark half asleep) with a full magazine, empty chamber, decocked. I've trained myself to work the action as soon as it comes out of the safe. Attached to the 17L is a Surefire X200 white light.

I also have my G26 (my EDC) in a fanny pack with wallet and creds case in case of 'the big one' hits in the middle of the night when I'm in my chonies.

I've never had to pull the 17L out of the safe for real...I have pulled the G26 twice for people that were banging on my front door. Both 'needed' stuff and both stuck around long enough to end up explaining to the cops what the heck they were doing banging on my door.

I have two Chow mutts in the back which are loud and obnoxious upon noticing anything in the alley...and yes, I have a Chihuahua mutt in the front (gated) patio area that gets kenneled at night in the foyer.

With those precautions I find it hard to believe anybody could get to my bedroom (oh did I mention? I lock my bedroom door!) much less be hovering over me when I wake up. If that ninja does get there, then I figure I'm dead anyway.

JM2C, HR
Any specific recommendations here?

I've looked into the various choices for doors and made/implemented my decisions, but not so much on the windows yet.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 05-16-2013, 19:06   #143
soggy_spinout
G23 addict

Chambered and loaded G23 right next to my 300BLK AR pistol, also chambered and loaded.

Last edited by soggy_spinout; 05-16-2013 at 19:07..
Old 05-16-2013, 19:41   #144
zo6kid

A 23 in the night stand loaded 1 extra mag. No kids , no problems !
Old 05-16-2013, 19:58   #145
Infidel4life11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper005 View Post
I'm pretty sure I will get some grief for this but I keep my 21SF in a small safe next to my bed with the magazines loaded but not in the gun. I've always felt most comfortable and safest doing it this way. Thank God nothing has happened to me or my family for me to test the time it takes to load the pistol and be totally prepared for a confrontation. Just curious, what is the set-up for your bedside gun ?? I've heard some people sleep with a loaded gun underneath their pillow...yikes !!
Mine is loaded no round in the chamber. Hanging from the bed post in a holster light attached. The Remington 1100 competition red status under the bed. The BCM Reece red status between bed and dresser. Random tomahawks, knives, kukris about. 95lbs Amstaff sleeping to my left, beautiful woman on my right.
Old 05-16-2013, 20:04   #146
nick112207

Loaded +1 on the night stand
Old 05-16-2013, 20:14   #147
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel4life11 View Post
Mine is loaded no round in the chamber. Hanging from the bed post in a holster light attached. The Remington 1100 competition red status under the bed. The BCM Reece red status between bed and dresser. Random tomahawks, knives, kukris about. 95lbs Amstaff sleeping to my left, beautiful woman on my right.
What does this mean (red status)? I don't think I've ever heard that before.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 05-16-2013, 20:21   #148
VC-Racing
General Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
Wow, there are a lot of you guys that think the bad guy is going to be IN YOUR ROOM and then YOU'LL HAVE TO TO DRAW AND SHOOT?

Yikes!

First of all, how about keeping them OUT of your room in the first place, how about keeping them OUT of your abode???

Buy a Chihuahua or a guard parrot or maybe even a good security alarm system? How about good doors and windows and good door lock(s) AND door and window blocks?

Rant over.

I keep my G17L in an old American Security push button handgun safe (which I can open in the dark half asleep) with a full magazine, empty chamber, decocked. I've trained myself to work the action as soon as it comes out of the safe. Attached to the 17L is a Surefire X200 white light.

I also have my G26 (my EDC) in a fanny pack with wallet and creds case in case of 'the big one' hits in the middle of the night when I'm in my chonies.

I've never had to pull the 17L out of the safe for real...I have pulled the G26 twice for people that were banging on my front door. Both 'needed' stuff and both stuck around long enough to end up explaining to the cops what the heck they were doing banging on my door.

I have two Chow mutts in the back which are loud and obnoxious upon noticing anything in the alley...and yes, I have a Chihuahua mutt in the front (gated) patio area that gets kenneled at night in the foyer.

With those precautions I find it hard to believe anybody could get to my bedroom (oh did I mention? I lock my bedroom door!) much less be hovering over me when I wake up. If that ninja does get there, then I figure I'm dead anyway.

JM2C, HR
Good for you...... :rolleyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-16-2013, 20:39   #149
thesilverbullet

i can somewhat understand chambered vs unchambered debate. but leaving the mag out?????????? i keep mine loaded in a shotlock safe and the only time the safe is locked is when i'm not at home - otherwise the safe is unlocked.
Old 05-16-2013, 20:45   #150
1smoothredneck

Gen 4 19, with streamlight light/laser attached to rail, loaded with Glock 17 magazine and attached +2 floor plate, loaded one down. I keep it chamber loaded, as it is in a gunvault. Surefire tactical light is stored beside gunvault. I have spare mags close by, but not immediately at hand. If I can't get it done with 19 rounds, I guess I need to transition to my mossy 500 12 ga. Be safe.
Old 05-16-2013, 21:28   #151
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

condition 3....makes it easier to dry fire practice, just drop mag, check chamber and practice, wouldnt want to keep ejecting a round, loading it back in, etc.
Old 05-16-2013, 21:37   #152
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
condition 3....makes it easier to dry fire practice, just drop mag, check chamber and practice, wouldnt want to keep ejecting a round, loading it back in, etc.
Sounds like a wonderful justification for another gun :D
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Old 05-16-2013, 21:44   #153
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
Sounds like a wonderful justification for another gun :D
my next gun is probably gonna look a little more like the one in your avatar
Old 05-16-2013, 22:01   #154
jwest1967

My glocks unloaded.. if the need arises i do not intend to pick up a pistol, i believe my AR or shotgun would be a better choice.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:13   #155
Tedge

My bedside is my FNP-40 with a light. I keep it loaded & chambered, but not cocked.
Old 05-16-2013, 23:00   #156
philobeddoe
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

loaded

Old 05-16-2013, 23:11   #157
cmr287

Mag in and a round in the pipe.. :thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Military armors course-1996,Battalion master trainer CQB/ CQC 2nd BDE 10 MTN DIV (LI). Small Arms marksmanship Instructor, 2006-2007,Colt Armorer's Course, 2010, Army Marksmanship Units CQM course/ SDM course-2012, Glock Armorer's Course 2013
Old 05-16-2013, 23:29   #158
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
my next gun is probably gonna look a little more like the one in your avatar
Now that is going to be a great bedside gun!
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30   #159
chrisbritt15

I keep my Glock 27 with a Glock 33 barrel in it. With a Glock 35 magazine full of underwood 357 sig with one in the pipe next to a led mag light. Wife has sig p238 on her side also loaded.Depending on how big that bump in the night is I always keep my ar15 close in the corner dressed with Magpul furniture tlr2 light and a primary arms red dot. I keep a loaded magazine in the rifle but do not have it loaded, just my Glock. Also have Remington 870 12ga in the safe just a few more steps next to the tv in the safe.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-17-2013, 07:51   #160
JBP55

For my wife and I at night 5 loaded pistols with full magazines and one in the chamber, cell phones and small high output hand held lights and spare pistols/magazines stashed if we have to retreat to another room. Ear protection is available if time allows us to use it. Plenty loaded full capacity spare magazines as well in the same caliber that will work in all the Glock pistols available.
It has been awhile and I will work on my night again shooting next month..

Closed Thread